News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

favorite item or items?

Started by Ginette, May 08, 2008, 07:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginette

Do you have a favorite item or peice of garb that you just can not go to faire or out in garb with out this?  If so, what is it?  Being so new to faire and wearing garb I haven't found a favorite yet.
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Marietta Graziella

I wouldn't say I have a favorite thing since I change up my look from pretty plain to kind of wow.  I do rather like the brass bells I picked up last year.   :P  While often time annoying to others,  :o  I just love the way they *tinkle* when I'm hurrying down the lanes.   

Advance apologies to those why are annoyed.   ;D
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

DonaCatalina

I have to have my fan.

Many of my fans were made by Lady Susan to match my outfits.
http://www.featherfans.net

Not only do they look great, they help keep me comfortable when the weather turns warm.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

skrid the brown

Buccaneer coat from Ravenswood

Trillium

My wings!!  Although I have other garb I could wear to faire, I don't, because I can't pass up an opportunity to show them off!! :D
Got faerie dust?

analise

Lately it's been the bodice I got from Fantasia. I alllllways get compliments on it and it's reversible so I can wear different types of garb with it depending on my mood (though it's usually on the green velveteen side so I can wear all the green/blue stuff I have. :) ).

Ottheinrich

My tankard. I could go in mundanes but I need something to drink out of  :o

Athena

My reversable bodice from Sofi's. Perfect colors and it fits like a dream. Also, my coin scarves.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Aiacha

As much as I love my coat from Ravenswood, I have to say my general Scots outfit.  I just love how it looks on me.  If I don't know what I'm going to wear, this is always a welcome alternative.

Lady Ann of Draycott

That would have to be my boots. 

I love my boots!  They are comfortable and I can wear them all day without my feet hurting.  I always wear my boots no matter what garb I have on, court gown, pirate garb or whatever, doesn't matter, since I found those boots that's what I always wear to faire. 

Before I found these boots I had worn other shoes and boots to faire but barely made it through the day because my feet hurt so bad, but not anymore!
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

aidenoffairfax

Ok, so my favorite piece might be a little subtle, but it's my quill pen and notebook. I love writing, and once in a while, I get inspired. So, with ink, quill pen and paper, I can make that happen!
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Lady Ann of Draycott on May 08, 2008, 11:33:02 AM

I love my boots!  They are comfortable and I can wear them all day without my feet hurting.  I always wear my boots no matter what garb I have on, court gown, pirate garb or whatever, doesn't matter, since I found those boots that's what I always wear to faire. 

Before I found these boots I had worn other shoes and boots to faire but barely made it through the day because my feet hurt so bad, but not anymore!

Same here! Pirate, court, wench garb...doesn't matter! I'm in my boots! They're so comfy and I would have paid twice as much as I did for them.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Lady Ann of Draycott

Quote from: CapnFayeCutler on May 08, 2008, 12:20:13 PM
Quote from: Lady Ann of Draycott on May 08, 2008, 11:33:02 AM

Same here! Pirate, court, wench garb...doesn't matter! I'm in my boots! They're so comfy and I would have paid twice as much as I did for them.

Funny thing is that they are not even the expensive handmade ones like Sandler.  I actually found these online and I only paid $99 for them, guess I got lucky!  ;)

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

KeeperoftheBar

It isn't garb or anything but I would be unable to attend without My mount, StudMuffin.  I struggled at both TRF and Scarborough for about 15 years (thanks to all who helped set me back on my feet after an unplanned crash landing) before I got my ride.  Now I can roll all over the site and see things that I couldn't get to before.  And I don't spill my ale nearly as much.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

gem