News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

favorite item or items?

Started by Ginette, May 08, 2008, 07:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarita420

willin

my sandals
GOT FEET ?

Amyj

For sure, the wooden mugs that my Dad and I made...they hold 2 full cans of beverage and look really cool!!! :)
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Lady Nicolette

My grandmother's ceramic mug from the 1930's.  Even though it's not period, it says "Faire!" to me.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

NoBill Lurker

Hmmm, it would probably have to be my Sandler boots, as the old garb hasn't been changed for a few years now.
The poor things are unadorned and I still haven't thought of what I can do with them. But I'm positive that something will occur to me someday.
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

DeadBishop

Favorite item?  My boots.  If my feet ain't happy, I ain't happy...  ;)

R/F.com member since 2003

Cloverpogue

My thigh high pirate boots, my new beautiful gold corset, and my pirate hat that I am decorating. *ouch to hot glue guns, my thumb*
:P but it'll hopefully be worth it.
Hats really have always been my favourite items to work with.  I must've been a haberdasher in a past life. ;)
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

Annastina

I have a shirt/blouse that I just love.  On hot days the cuffs can slide up to my elbows and be comfy all day, while the rest of the sleeve sort of billows half way down my forearem.
And my leather pouch.  It's huge and smells wonderful, and it was the first accessory I bought after garb.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

jcbanner

My favorite item?  a wood mallet I walk around with all day.

its bigger then the one I'll need for my wood working demos during the day, but I's gotten plenty of use out on the faire site, everything from pounding fence posts into the ground to spliting logs, and It will even be getting use ponding together joints in a building this year.

but aside from it being a useable tool, I like walking around fair with it resting on my shoulder, or ballencing it on my hand.  it's an easy tool for schtick

Ginette

Quote from: jcbanner on May 09, 2008, 01:29:27 PM

its bigger then the one I'll need for my wood working demos during the day, but I's gotten plenty of use out on the faire site, everything from pounding fence posts into the ground to spliting logs, and It will even be getting use ponding together joints in a building this year.

but aside from it being a useable tool, I like walking around fair with it resting on my shoulder, or ballencing it on my hand.  it's an easy tool for schtick

May be I should get a wood mallet too ...
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Cobaltblu

Hard to pick however if I had to pick only one I would have to say my wooden walking stick with a carved figurine of a falcon on the top.  It has the shaft carved to look like a piece of wood and has a brass tip on the end.

Here are some photos.

I got it from Wilson's Walking Sticks.

http://www.wilsonwalkingsticks.com/

They are on the web and the owner makes them himself.  I HIGHLY recommend them and the prices are very reasonable considering the level of craftsmanship.  I looked around the internet for other staff vendors and didn't find anything close to this quality regardless of price.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

LadyOren

Now CB that is just to cool. 

Hmm I would have to say a critter of some sorts and of course and oak leaf in one form or another.   Oh and of course my favorite index finger ring.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

jcbanner

Quote from: Ginette on May 09, 2008, 03:03:14 PM
Quote from: jcbanner on May 09, 2008, 01:29:27 PM

May be I should get a wood mallet too ...

they aren't too hard to make.  get yourself a piece a hardwood, (oak, elm, hickory...) about 3 1/2 feet long and about 4 to 6 inches thick.  saw off a 6-8 inch section (6 if using a 4 inch thick piece, 8 if a 6 inch thick piece) from the end, and drill a 1 1/2 inch hole all the way though the side of it. This will be the mallet head. take the remaining 3 feet and split that in half length-wise. take that and split it again.  now that you have it quartered, pick one on the sections that looks nice and cut off the 3 edges. round that off however you see fit (I used a drawknife) and carve it down until it fits snugly into the hole drilled into the mallet head.  now to finish it off, go but a 1/2 inch oak dowel rod, and drill a half inch hole through the mallet head perpendicular to the handle. make sure it passes through the handle.  hammer the oak dowel rod through and saw it off flush to the mallet head. that last step isn't really needed, but it will make the end product much stronger and you will NEVER need to worry about the mallet head coming loose.

(ok, I lied, it's only easy if you have the right tools, namely a froe and an axe, a drawknife is also good.  or better yet, a bandsaw, which I didn't have when I made mine.)

dragongirl

My favorite piece for the faire....hum.  I think it's my hermitie/chainmail slave bracelets.  I love them and wear them with everything!!!
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

WindChime

My favorite things would be my leather link belt from Griffen Works and all of my brass bells that hang from it.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF