News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

favorite item or items?

Started by Ginette, May 08, 2008, 07:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigrlily64

my favorite item would have to be my catsidhe.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pics right now, but you can see them at fantasypuppet.com.

Ladyferns

I have a silver dragon brooch that I had made at least 15 years ago, and he is attached to my bodice no matter which garb I choose! He's the wyvern style, most dragon jewelry I find is chinese, and I just love him!  I've had to really stop myself to keep from wearing it to work - my co-workers would understand, they know me - but it might frighten the clients! Sigh, living in the bible belt and all...

daylight

those dreaded bodices I love them they make me look good  but can be a real pain if you know what I mean. so I guess it`s a love hate thing.

brooke

I would say my bodice is my favorite piece of clothing to pull out and wear.  If we are just talking what makes you feel happy then it is my feathers for my hair....  they just make me happy and like I am at faire (kind of like someone said about their bells).

Brooke

silverstah

My 1.5" oxblood belt.  My dear husband made it for me last-minute when I realized I didn't have any belt to wear with my German gown that would be appropriate.  He went out, got the stuff for it, and made it for me the night before an event while I was working on other last-minute stuff.  It really means a lot to me because it was so thoughtful. :)
Catarina Caravello - Mistress of the Bobbins
\"Arrrgh.  Feed Dogs.  Arrrgh.\"  -The Pirate, sewing

raevyncait

My pouch, AKA Hermione's Bottomless Bag
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Lumpy

My new Potomac Leather HUGE belt pouch. I think I could smuggle small horses in that thing. The fact that is black suede makes feel so nice as well.
Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack

CaraGreenleaf

I'd have to say either my sandlars or my snood are staples, but my favorite piece of garb that I feel naked without would have to be any of my corsets. As weird as it sounds, I enjoy wearing my corsets (  :o )to the point that I actually wear them outside of faire...they're more comfortable than bras!
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

Var Greyshadow

Since I almost never go to faire out of garb, I'd say my boots (Sandlars too) are the most important.  I could do without most of my accessories, but the look would be all wrong in anything but boots.

Howver, the thing I'd feel lost without is my sword.  It just isn't faire until I feel that weight on my left hip.  (Don't know how I'll cope if I ever go to Maryland!  ::))
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

peggyelizabeth

as 1950s as this sounds: my pearls
they aren't real, but they dress up every outfit. now this year I'm working on middle class stuff instead of gentry/nobility, so I'll have to find a replacement.

the other thing I can't go to faire w/o is my mini sewing kit. I'm always needing to clip or pin or stitch something!

Merry

I know I'm late chiming in here, but this is a fun thread...worth reviving.

My favorite garb item is my basket and new bodice for my middles.  I made my bodice so it fits the way I prefer and I feel so pretty in it.    My basket is my life at fair!  It holds my songbook, needlework/busywork, $$$ and my flask...all absolutely necessary if I want to enjoy myself at fair!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I'd have to say my fan which I made and moves a TON of air. It keeps me cool

Outside

Detail of handle

Inside

I have since added some lace at the base of where the feathers attach to the handle. This made it look nice and clean.

And my Celtic Chalice gotten off ebay. Toki and I found that when we put any liquid with ice in it, the chalice's we both have got very cool and helped keep us both cooler

OH and both my French Hood's made by a forum member
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Philomel

I adore our Forevermore Goblets we bought for the wedding, and my incredibly warm, incredibly inaccurate purple cape (butterfly brocade) lined with polarfleece.  (Don't shoot me, it's on the inside!)

Matty Pine Brownie

My favorite items that I own would be the green hose with working codpiece that I found down in Fairehaven (Charlotte 2004), a brown reversible tabard at Crownsville (Maryland 2005) and a green plumed cavalier hat that I found at a holiday market in my native New York in 1999.
Rogues and Pollywogs! Where is the Brownie?

renren

My pirate frock coat!
(thanks Lady K!) ;)
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL