News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Midsummer Exchange

Started by rengeek77, May 06, 2009, 10:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengeek77

Wow, with faire and other reenactments sneaking up on me, it took me a while to come to the brilliant conclusion that it is now May!   ;D

Which means it is time to start signing up for the Midsummer Exchange!

The rules are the same as the Winter Exchange:
1.  DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, sign up if there is even a .001% chance that you will not be able to send something! :) 
2.  Don't feel that you CAN'T sign up because you only have a few dollars to spend!  Some of the best gifts are handmade, and this is not about spending a small fortune at Rennies 'r us! 
3.  When you decide to sign up, email me (rengeek77@hotmail.com or prosperoandmiranda@yahoo.com) your R/F name, your real name, and your mailing address. 
4.  Fill out the survey that I will put in the next thread.  Feel free to add anything to it that you think is helpful! 
5.  I will make the sign-up deadline May 19th, give everyone 2 weeks.  After that, I will start matching people up with their partners.  If you know someone who would want to sign up, send them our way before the deadline! 
6.  Again, NO STIFFING!  Stiffers are banned from future exchanges.  If you get a partner and then have some unforeseen circumstances that make sending a gift impossible, just let me know!  We'll get it taken care of on this end, and prevent you from being banned in the future. 
7.  Don't pee your pants from the excitement!  Not polite!
8.  The deadline for sending gifts is June 9th, that gives everyone 3 weeks to get something together.
9.  When you receive your gift, please post on here so we can all oooh and aaaah over it!  Pictures are very welcome!
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

rengeek77

1 .Favorite Color:
2. Hobbies: 
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:
4. One interesting fact about yourself:
5. Favorite Movie/Book:
6. One word to describe you:
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum :
9. Do you have an R/F pin? 
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?

Something I forgot to add...you may of course ship any way you wish.  If your package does not weigh a lot, however, it might behoove you to look into UPS or FedEx ground rates.  I ship things on a daily basis, and their rates are beating the post office quite often...and it can be tracked!  I hate to knock on the USPS, but when fun gifts are on the line....
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

Blue66669

Sign me up please Tess, I hope the person that I get has a sense of humor. It's been an odd year so far...

*giggles and rubs her hands together, plotting and scheming*

Ooo, I forgot to do this...

1 .Favorite Color: black and red
2. Hobbies:  faires of course, sewing and creating things, drinking, making loki, and just picked up an interest in belly dancing
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I wear all kinds of jewelry. I prefer silver, even pewter.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I have an obsession with Nightmare Before Christmas
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Twilight Series, and I LOVE comic book movies.
6. One word to describe you: fun
7. Anything else you wish to include: Um..... please don't send me chicken???
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Aiacha, Dragonspyre, LadyJessica, Seamus, Lord Jarhead, Eloquent... the list goes on and on. I know most of the Houston and Dallas rennies IRL, as well as the Tampa crew and some from Kentucky/Tennessee
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yeppers!!!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) None, but I hate onions and bell peppers... oh, and olives
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Sandalwood, patchouli, rose, amber
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TRF, Scarby, BARF.... and wherever the world chooses to take me!
13. Things I collect: Anything Nightmare Before Christmas. I'm also collecting things of the Indian persuasion, as I've just purchased my first Sari.
Blaidd Drwg

Cormac

I'm in:
1 .Favorite Color:Black
2. Hobbies:Archery, Fishing, Faire, Leather
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:Not so much.
4. One interesting fact about yourself:I am flat footed as a duck.
5. Favorite Movie/Book:Lord of the rings, Timeline, Falling Down
6. One word to describe you: Eclectic
7. Anything else you wish to include: My prefered faire garb is my kilt and a shirt.  I would really like to get to know more people at faire.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : mieljolie
9. Do you have an R/F pin? Ordered and waiting on it.
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)Nope.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)Fresh clean scents, musk, leather, and earthy scents.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?KCRF, OKRF, STLRF

Dinobabe

AWESOME!!! ;D

1 .Favorite Color:  Inferno Orange Metallic (the color of my Chevy Colorado!)
2. Hobbies:  Faire, geology, outdoors stuff, crafting, painting
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: just hair wrap jewelry
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I live a typical mundane life but secretly want to be a rennie full time!
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Lion King/The Life of Elizabeth I
6. One word to describe you: Eclectic
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm finally getting back into Faire after about 5 years.  I REALLY missed it!  I would love to own a booth or be on cast.  I would also love to learn sword fighting.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Not yet.  Too new, I guess
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Not yet!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Nope
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Earthy and clean
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TNRF, Bristol
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Master James

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!  I'm so there!

OK let's see:

1 .Favorite Color: Blue of course
2. Hobbies:  faire, faire, camping, faire and oh yeah, FAIRE!
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:  I wear a single earring and rings.  I have no idea on the size but I'm guessing like a 11 or larger as I have fairly large hands.  I prefer silver and it needs to be a pure metal like stainless steel or sterling otherwise it will turn me green quite fast wherever I wear it.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: 
5. Favorite Movie/Book: I have to pick just one?  OK well Book would be Black Company, Movie would probably be LOR
6. One word to describe you: Interesting
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Oh the list is long and I KNOW I'll miss some but I'll try:
Rengeek77
LadyAmyofYork
Peddlin M'Crack
Lairde Guard'n M'Crack
Pinn M'Crack
AidenofFairfax
BeeBoy
Scotsman
Lady Guiness
Hibernian
Feline Groovy
Lady Meriwyn
Lady Adilith
b1empath
Dragon Rose
Black Fox
Amras Elfwine
Athena
Blow'n M'Crack
Lady Glorianna
Count Adolfo
Dirtfarmer
Gimli
Dallan
Lady Di
sir oswyn dagworth
Nailin
Lady de la Warr
Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia
lordwriothsley
LADY JOYCE ANN
Tim T
Chuckn MCrack
Lady Jai
And I'm sure there are more its just that I can't think of their usernames right now so please don't be upset if I missed you.  My brain hurts.   :-\
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  Can't have chocolate or caffine
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) vanilla
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  Home is VARF regularly attend MDRF, PARF and CRF

Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Celtic Lady

I am soooo excited about this. I just can't wait to start shopping  :P.

Here is my list:

1 .Favorite Color: earthy colors... medium to dark greens, browns

2. Hobbies: horses (esp. Arabian horses)/horseback riding, photography (digital)(beginner level), plasticpoint (needlepoint on plastic canvas), music... mainly country but I like most except Rap, reading, faire (but at the newbie level), bird feeding, crafts (when I have the time)

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: yes... rings size 8.5 or 9, necklaces, bracelets, earrings (pierced), especially of celtic knotwork, and silver

4. One interesting fact about yourself: When I was seventeen I bought my first horse and trained him myself. At that time I had very limited experiences with horses.

5. Favorite Movie/Book: movies - too many to list... comedies, romance, animated (Disney or similar), some sci fi, some dramas. no horror at all. books - don't read that much as I tend to fall asleep way to easy.

6. One word to describe you: peaceful

7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm getting married at MiRF in September. I love chocolates and caramels, homemade goodies, emeralds, hawks, wolves, cats, Arabian horses, and family

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Sir Morgan

9. Do you have an R/F pin?: yes..ordered from DB and just waiting on delivery

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): no food allergies that I know of.

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): apple, woodsy smells, pine scent, water

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?: MiRF and Des Moines

wildthingjew

1 .Favorite Color: green

2. Hobbies: ren faires, traveling, music, sewing

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: yes... rings size 8.5 or 9, necklaces, bracelets, earrings (pierced)

4. One interesting fact about yourself: rather uninteresting but loving and devoted

5. Favorite Movie/Book: lord of the rings trilogy/don't read

6. One word to describe you: hones

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : lady renee buchanan, goody, sarvia rose,

9. Do you have an R/F pin?: yes

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): none

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): greensleeves from old world oils, anything masculine smelling since i love the smell of nice smelling men

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?: bristol/home. tennessee/yearly, stronghold/yearly, janesville/yearly,
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

CapnFayeCutler

1 .Favorite Color: Blue!
2. Hobbies: Ren faire, sewing, drawing, crafting in general, video games, board games (Love love love!)
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Silver jewelry. Must be sterling, no fake stuff. Very allergic. :)
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I'm a scientist! No really!
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movie - From Russia With Love, Monty Python and the Holy Grail Book - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy"
6. One word to describe you: Spunky
7. Anything else you wish to include: I like birds!
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Oh wow, that is a LONG list.
9. Do you have an R/F pin? Why yes I do...and it's BLUE (surprise surprise)
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) No king crab plz k thx - very allergic
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): I *love* the smell of cherry blossom, lime, nothing TOO floral or fruity, but a nice blend. :)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TNRF, KYHRF, ORF
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Peddlin

Please, count me in.

1 .Favorite Color: The entire rainbow, but I lean toward M'Crack colors (green, saffron & black)
2. Hobbies: Ren faires, my son's music
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Yes
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Love to travel, and have been from here to India and back
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movie - The Princess Bride
                                 Book - The Second Son
6. One word to describe you: Unique
7. Anything else you wish to include: I am a people person
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : I am fortunate enough to know lots of people
9. Do you have an R/F pin? No
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Diabetic, so no sugar
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) vanilla and cinnamon
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? BARF, TNRF, VARF, KYHRF, MDRF & CRF (That is just this year, but I am always willing to add more)

Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Pinn

Count me in also.

1 .Favorite Color: Purple or deep green
2. Hobbies:  sewing
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: yes, allergic to nickel though.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: likes to sit back and watch.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Dragon Riders of Pern, all of them
6. One word to describe you: Different
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Umm where do I start?
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) none known
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) ocean smells
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? NCRF,CRF,VARF, TNRF KYHRFand MDRF
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

irish

1 .Favorite Color: green or black
2. Hobbies: hand sewing, do some crafts, collect candle holders {anything celtic}, collect windchimes {dragon flys}
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: earrings (silver/pierced...small celtic design)
4. One interesting fact about yourself: love nature
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Tudors on Showtime, at the moment
6. One word to describe you: irishie.....lol!
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : LadyAmy of York, Colbalt, DarkLord
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) alas, cant have sugary things...
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)  Yankee candle MidSummerNight, musky, earthy, sandlewood (nothing strong)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Sterling Faire
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

BubbleWright

1. Favorite Color: Dark Blue
2. Hobbies: Kite flying, making bubbles, bicycling, RC ships, tinkering, collecting (DVDs, die cast autos & airplanes, 1950's-60's       
    radios) 
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: none
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Profiled in the book Friends, Neighbors & Folks Down The Road, a collection of 58       
    stories about interesting (and/or strange!!) people in Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland.
5. Favorite Movies: Lawrence of Arabia, The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951), Casablanca, The Train (1964), and Jaws           
               Books: The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, The Five People You Meet in Heaven
6. One word to describe you: Unique
7. Anything else you wish to include: http://www.bubblescolorado.com/
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum :
10. Food Allergies?? Don't laugh... Turkey. Also, I'm diabetic... no sugar
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Lavender
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Home- PaRenFaire, Visit- MD Renaissance Festival and many one day/weekend 
     events.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Melissandra

1 .Favorite Color:Teal, Blue, Green
2. Hobbies:  puzzles, crocheting, reading, cross-stitching, bellydancing, martial arts
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: earrings and necklaces mainly.  Silver preferably
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I have lots of tattoos
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
6. One word to describe you: shy
7. Anything else you wish to include: I love bagpipe music and like to wear gypsy-type garb
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : raevyncait, victoria rose
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  no
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) none
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) amber, sandalwood
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Scarborough and TRF

Seryn

1 .Favorite Color: Black, purple, red.  And I have a love of neon colors.
2. Hobbies:  faire, of course!. reading, writing, video games, movies, traveling, RPG, outdoorsy stuff, and anything fun
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Yes.  Usually silver or pewter.  And I wear bracelets of all kinds - jelly, leather, beaded, whatever.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Um... I dye my hair all the time. Pink, purple, green, blue, bright red, black, etc.
5. Favorite Movie/Book:  I love the Twilight series, and the movie.  In an obssessive fangirly way.  LOTR, POTC, Anne Rice
6. One word to describe you: Unique.  I want to throw fun in there, too, if that's ok :)
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : There are a few :)
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): None.  But I hate nuts. 
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): Anything sweet (vanilla, sugar, chocolate); sandlewood; jasmine; freesia; lavender; orange blossoms; citrus
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TRF, CTRF (at the old Excal site)
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos