News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Midsummer Exchange

Started by rengeek77, May 06, 2009, 10:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildthingjew

Quote from: rengeek77 on July 22, 2009, 11:04:19 AM
Despite the lack of evidence on here, I believe that these two gals are taken care of.  I know for sure Ginette is, and am crossing my fingers we see evidence of it today or tomorrow.  I have no reason to doubt Lady Catherine's sender as she has done this exchange every single time before, and so her package should be on its way as well.

I don't know for sure if I will be doing the Midwinter Exchange, I was kind of hurt by one post on here and a few I received in my personal box, and I certainly don't need the hassle for something that I volunteer to do because I love giving presents.  So we'll see.  

Oh, i hope that you are not talkin about my post explaining my not sending out a gift, or the letter i sent to your email regarding feeling like an idiot, they are not meant to hurt you cause i like everyone else appreciate what you did for us by holding this but you have to understand how totally awful i felt getting a gift from this exchange and not sending one out to someone and reading the other ladies posts of not receiving gifts and finding out that one of their gifts were the ones that i was suppose to have sent. and having the person that i did send a gift to by accident not even acknowledge receiving it. if this makes any sense, please forgive me if anything i said hurt anyone cause that was never my intent.
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Ginette

Is there any way I could please get my mailing address taken off the forums?   :-\
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Celtic Lady

I truly hope it wasn't one of my posts. If it was I am sorry and did not mean to offend anyone.

The gift exchanges are nice and it's a fun way to get to know others.

wildthingjew

Quote from: Ginette on July 22, 2009, 01:44:11 PM
Is there any way I could please get my mailing address taken off the forums?   :-\

done, my fault again, sorry ginette i didn't even pay attention, i hope that is the one that you were referring to.
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Ginette

Wildthing it was an innocent mistake that got worked out.  I hope all is good now among the Midsummer Exchange topic.   ;D
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

rengeek77

Okay, one person down!  One person to go!  I am VERY thankful that issues this time were not a result of vile stiffers on the exchange, every thing this time was easy to correct. 

I think when the last present gets in, I will celebrate with a stiff one.

Drink, that is.

Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

Lady Catherine

2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

Seryn

I wasn't going to post anything so I could still be a proper "secret partner" - but I figure by now my partner might have guessed it was me just based on deduction.  And I couldn't wait to thank my partner, Northbaydreamer, any longer.  Thank you for such a nice package - it put such a huge smile on my face!  I can't wait to wear the hair bobble at fiare (and out of faire!) - the piratical jolly roger is right up my alley.  And I'm excited to listen to the audio novel.  I'll have to take pictures and post them up soon.

As for Lady Catherine, your package is on the way my dear.  I'm so sorry it is so late - first I had an issue with the post office returning it to me and then it took me a while to resend because I've been wuite ill for going on three weeks now.  Still on leave from work in fact.  I promise I don't normally flake on the gift exchanges, and I'm sorry you had to wait and wonder.  But I do hope you enjoy it when you get it :)
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

NorthBayDreamer

The hair bobble is called a dangly bit.  It came from a vendor here in Northern California http://www.dangly-bits.com/, if you thougt you needed more.  My wife has has at least a dozen.
Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

rengeek77

Just cleaning up...is everyone good?!?!   If so, this will be the first exchange where no one got stiffed!  Yay! 

Now, after finishing up everything, I need to make MY thanks!  Much delayed, and I apologize profusely!  Lairde Guard'n M'Crack was my partner, and he got me a subscription to Faire magazine, something to look forward to all year!! 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda