News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Midsummer Exchange

Started by rengeek77, May 06, 2009, 10:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthBayDreamer

1 .Favorite Color: Green right now :)

2. Hobbies:  Other than the obvious: wine, working in the yard, reading

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: not really, just a wedding ring and a cross

4. One interesting fact about yourself: I am a software geek in hiding and my first tattoo is in the near future.

5. Favorite Movie/Book: Not really,  but historical fiction is where I usually wind up.

6. One word to describe you: Enthusiastic

7. Anything else you wish to include: Not really.

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Not really, I have met a few.

9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Nope

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) lilac

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Nor Cal, Valhalla, Cain's Crossing, Folsom, Nor Cal Pirate, I am just a not monogamous
Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Lady Catherine

Ok. Im game!

1 .Favorite Color: pink
2. Hobbies:  ummm, Faire and belly dance!!
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:I am a jewelry nut!! rings ( size 6-7 silver) the more unusual, the better
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I like to collect unusual gemstones, and I bellydance
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Phantom of the Opera for both
6. One word to describe you: fun, I hope!
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Syrilla, Bagpiper, CapnFaye, most TN and KY folks
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) no
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) apple and cinnamon
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? On cast at TN, dance at ALA, and this year, KHRF
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

WindChime

1 .Favorite Color:Fall colors
2. Hobbies: sewing , cooking , baking , beading & crafting
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:yes. has to be sterling siler due to allergy. 20" necklaces. I don't wear rings
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Able to be heard from far away due to my bell collection
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Halloween (original) anything by Stephen King or Anne Rice
6. One word to describe you: shy
7. Anything else you wish to include:I love Bells
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Old Tinker & Belle,CapnFayeCutler,blue66669,beeboy,Gemli, most everyone at KyRF & ORF
9. Do you have an R/F pin? yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)not that I know of
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)vanilla, strawberry & pumpkin
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?KyRF & ORF & Ashville Viking Festival
13.Things I collect: Bells, dragons, bears, fairies & horror movie dolls (friday the 13,halloween,nightmare on elm street. the good scary movies)

Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Lairde Guardn

1 .Favorite Color: Paisley
2. Hobbies: Faire (of course), Darts, Cooking
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Yes when in Garb, not normally in mundane, size 13 ring
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I've seen the light and decided it was a giant bugzapper so I stayed here.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movie: Pinocchio/Book: Harvest Home
6. One word to describe you: Jovial
7. Anything else you wish to include: Have fun
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Ummm....quite a few of the Forum and all members of the Clan M'Crack
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) - Lite Beer
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Guinness, Bacon
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  - NCRF, VARF, PARF, MDRF, KYHRF, TNRF, CRF and have been one or more times to at least 40 others.

Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

rengeek77

Hello everyone!  Just a reminder that our sign-up deadline is coming up (tomorrow I think?  Still getting over the weekend), if you know anyone that keeps yakking about participating but hasn't signed up, send them our way! 

Also, I haven't double checked everyone on here yet, but if you have signed up and done the survey, be sure to email me your forum name, real name, and mailing address.  I have gotten quite a few address emails, so you may all be covered, but just in case....

Ready to get this show on the road so I can shop for my person at SLRF this weekend!!
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

TiaLD77

1 .Favorite Color:  Greens & Blues
2. Hobbies: Faire, Sewing, Archery, Tatting (lace), Bento (see www.Lunchinabox.net )
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Necklaces 18-24 inches, earrings, prefer gold.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I usually have 2-3 books being read at various times through out the day
5. Favorite Movie/Book: seriously to many to list, usually anything SCi-fi/fantasy Mercedes Lackey, Anne Mcaffrey etc.
6. One word to describe you: Eclectic
7. Anything else you wish to include: I love to cook, I collect carved wooden boxes & tea cups.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Anne Of Oak Tower, Mistress Charlotte,
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Green peppers, Milk,  coffee scented candles will give me a headache though :(
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Sandlewood, Apple, Vanilla, Cooking scents.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  PGRF, PARF
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

rengeek77

Hello you all!  Today is the deadline for signing up!  Technically the deadline is midnight on the 19th, but I have no intention of being on the computer at midnight, so you could still sneak in at 3 or 4 am if you need to. ;)  I will sort partners tomorrow night after work, so be sure to email me your address if you have not (on the flip side, if you have emailed me but not posted your survey here, be sure to do that!).  Looking forward to seeing if I can make some crazy matches!
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

Ginette

1 .Favorite Color: blue
2. Hobbies: sewing, crafty stuff
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I wear ear rings, necklaces and rings (6) in silver
4. One interesting fact about yourself:
5. Favorite Movie/Book: book - To Kill a Mockingbird, movie – Nightmare Before Christmas
6. One word to describe you: goofy
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Bear, Queen Bonnie, meet Blue and Ace once, not many people
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yep
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) no allergies but I don't like nuts in my food.  ; )
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) no favorites
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Texas Renaissance faire is my home festival.
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Emerald Shaunassey

1 .Favorite Color: Hunter (Dark) Green
2. Hobbies:  Reading, Sleeping, Genealogy, Ren Faires
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Yes, I do.  Prefer Silver rather than Gold.  Ring Sizes vary. 
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I am an RN IRL
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Just one?!?!?  Anything by Mercedes Lackey, Anne McCaffrey, Michael and Kathleen O'Neal Gear (1st Americans Series and Native Series), Robin Hobb.  Most historical or historical based movies (13th Warrior, Braveheart, Roby Roy, Elizabeth, etc).
6. One word to describe you: Eclectic
7. Anything else you wish to include: I have an open mind about most things.  Not a huge fany of truly 'girly things' preferring steel and leather over lace and fripperies.  As a friend put it, I'm a "Refined Tom Boy."  Still trying to figure that one out completely! LOL.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:  Umm... a few; names are elluding me right now while at work!
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes I do, it lives on my bodice
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) no food allergies.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Cedar, Gardenia, Lilac. Mixed scents: Jolly Roger, Celtic Mystery, and Wild Woman from Astral Sea.  Nawlin's Magic, Heather, and Renaissance Romance from Majicka's Perfumery.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Hmm... don't really have a home faire anymore. Typically working faires rather than attending them - typicall work from Texas up through to Iowa/Nebraska (will be at Midwest Ren Fest Memorial Day weekend, btw).
13. Things you collect: Wolves, Pirates, Roses (artificial).

Off and running to check on patients, break is over!

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

rengeek77

Hello all!  Deadline officially up!  If I get some down time at work this afternoon I'll start drawing names out of a hat (well, out of a paper clip bowl, but whatever), you will have yours for sure before 10:00 tonight. 

I had a duh moment...I did not post my survey.  I see Emerald added a #13, I am borrowing her format. :)

1 .Favorite Color: green (except lime green) and grey
2. Hobbies:  SLEEP.  Reading, faire, piracy, faire, gardening, did I mention faire, cooking, history (see #7), kids, road trips, sewing, making jewelry, snail mail, making stationery, watching documentaries, the list goes on....
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: The only jewelry I don't wear is earrings because my ears always close up.  I love silver/pewter, not a big gold fan.  Rings 7 or 8.   
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Trying to get my kids to all 50 states before they graduate high school.  Thankfully one of them was born in Alaska, so that helps my list immensely. 
5. Favorite Movie/Book: TOO MANY TO NAME.  I am usually reading biographies or historical texts (for school or for pleasure), but I also like QUALITY historical fiction.  For movies, I like historical pieces, but I must confess I do like both National Treasures, and my guilty pleasure movie is National Lampoon's European Vacation. :)
6. One word to describe you: Disorganized!
7. Anything else you wish to include: This may not be the place to admit it (don't pillory me!), but my true historical love is Colonial America.  I am working on a Ph.D. in history, my field is late Colonial through Jeffersonian era (1700-1825), with a focus on the "frontier" (Missouri especially, Illinois, Kentucky...the river areas...interesting to think that there was a French fort in Kansas in the 1600s, not a time we usually picture Europeans in the Midwest!).  I live and breathe anything related to the Corps of Discovery, especially Meriwether Lewis. :)
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:  Master James, but don't believe anything he says.  His lovely wife Sharon, and then Seryn and I are on a snail mail list together.  There are other people on the forums, but no one else that signed up for this exchange.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  You betcha!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Shellfish.  Sorry, we won't be sucking on crawfish heads together anytime soon.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Patchouli, neroli, cinnamon and all the "autumn" scents (especially apple cider!), clean scents (i.e. Yankee Candle clean cotton), fresh mowed grass, almonds, baking things, herby scents.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? KCRF and St. Louis--which is going on right now.  Go.  You will love it.
13. Things you collect: Those cheap plastic snowglobes that you can get at tourist shops.  The cheesier the better.  I have a collection in my living room. 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

rengeek77

Everyone should now have their secret person!  Remember, they ARE secret, so don't tell them!  If you are having problems coming up with something, it might be worth it to check back on the threads from former exchanges.  Some of the people might have signed up previously, and have more information on previously posted surveys. 

Have a great weekend everyone! 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

Dinobabe

When should we send out our packages?  Anytime b/t now and then or within a certain week?  Thanks! ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Celtic Lady

This was from Rengeek's first posting of this fun event
Quote8.  The deadline for sending gifts is June 9th, that gives everyone 3 weeks to get something together.
Hope that helps  :).

Lairde Guardn

Ok, now to put all the information together and find  the "perfect" midsummer exchange gift........
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

BubbleWright

QuoteRemember, they ARE secret, so don't tell them!...

Does this mean the sender is not to reveal his/her identity?
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery