News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Folsom Renaissance Faire - Folsom, CA.

Started by Mandrake Von Sets, May 18, 2008, 09:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandrake Von Sets

Wil

Merry

This is a great fair.  I encourage everyone to attend.  It's harvest time and Halloween is just around the corner.   The season lends itself to fun and mischief!  It's the last faire of the season so we usually try to make the most of it:)  It also is know to be very child/family friendly, so bring the whole clan! 

Valiss

I keep meaning to go to this each year and somehow forget the date or end up with other plans.  I hope we can make it out this year; it's not very far from us at all and looks like fun!

Hoowil

Outside forces permitting, I'll be there.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

NorthBayDreamer

Things are looking good this year.  I marked the calendar in INK.  It will be just Saturday for us.

Huzzah
Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Lady Toadflinger

What a great Faire this year! They rearranged things a bit this year and  it was nice to have some changes.  It gets boring to have the same booths in the same places year after year. The weather was a bit chilly to start with, but warmed up nicely. I was glad to see so many people in garb, after visiting Las Vegas' Faire last weekend, and noting a lack of garbed patrons.  Huzzah for the Folsom Ren Faire!!
keeper of the royal menagerie

Hoowil

I am even more sorry at having missed this one in the past, having been there now. What a wonderful faire! It was definitely child friendly, and not just by limiting bawdy shows. It seemed that everyone, cast, guildmembers, performers, merchants, and p(l)a(y)trons were happy to see little ones running around. And there were little ones, from 2 months, to teens, running around. Ok, so the 2 month old wasn't exactly running  :P.

Aside from missing the turn off for the parking lot, and taking the next turn to try to find a place to turn around, and ending up at the prison, it was a great experience. My wife couldn't get the day off, so it was just myself and my daughter. Would have been more fun with the entire family, but we still had a blast.

We got there just in time for the clearing of the guns at the Dauntless, and the parade, and spent most of the day there. The cool morning was great, and the only time the weather was anything but beautiful was while we waited in line for lemonade, as the clouds cleared, and the breeze died down for about 20 minutes.. with us standing in the slowest line on earth, in the sun.
Being on pixie wrangling duty, I didn't get to catch too much of any of the performances. I'm not sure who the guy was, but the guy telling the story about Jack, and his adventures and misadventures with the devil that lead to the creation of the Jack-o-Lantern was fun. Cool story too. Caught some of the dancing, a few songs here and there, and of course some of the parrots. Tried to get Amara to watch the puppets, both Punch & Judy, and the puppets by the playground, but she was more interested in running around. From the sounds I heard as we passed, they were good shows. Only complaint, and it is extremely minor, is that there seemed to only be one way in and out of the food area, tucked behind the book sale. I walked past it more than a couple times, wondering where people were getting all the grub and drinks.. thankfully I found it before my daughter ran out of her snacks and juice.

I might need to get a note about remembering the camera tattooed on my forehead, because this is the second faire in a row I've forgoten it. I send out a plea for help. If anyone got pictures of a little pixie running around, with a blue balloon floating over her head, I would love to get pictures of my daughter. I had a number of people ask for her picture, and even more just snap away, so I really really hope somebody here may have gotten something, or know somebody who did.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

NorthBayDreamer

We were there most of the day.  We also got there just in time for the cannon and the parade.  First stop (as always) was the Ale stand which was manned by monks all day long.  I watched a bit of a few shows from a distance while chatting with new people.   Drank some ale, ate some turkey legs, wandered the lanes. Did some seroius shopping damage (I got a new cutlass and baldrick  ;D).  Saw some old friends.  Funny moment of the day, the queen came down the lane and I started bowing and my wife says "I don't see the queen" and the queen answers "Now you have".  :D

Only one pic of a wee one:

A few of my other pics:

The rest of my pics are here (34 in total):

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd210/northbaydreamer/Folsom%2008/

Can just never figure out where a full day goes.
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Landshark No. 67

Merry

Quote from: Hoowil on October 19, 2008, 10:22:14 AM
I am even more sorry at having missed this one in the past, having been there now. What a wonderful faire! It was definitely child friendly, and not just by limiting bawdy shows. It seemed that everyone, cast, guildmembers, performers, merchants, and p(l)a(y)trons were happy to see little ones running around. And there were little ones, from 2 months, to teens, running around. Ok, so the 2 month old wasn't exactly running  :P.

****deleted for space****

I'm glad you had a good time.  It's my town, so I like hearing good things about it's faire.  RenProd does a good show:)   Got lost at the prison huh?....LOL! 

There did seem to be an abundance of future playtrons this year.  They were all adorable.  Our guild even hosted one.  I had fun taking her around to the different vendors, we went on a scavenger hunt (they make a child friendly version) and when my daughter showed up, she took her to the joust as I had to work the audience that show.

Northbaydreamer......doncha just love our Queen!?

NorthBayDreamer

We are still laughing about the comment from the queen.

:D
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Landshark No. 67

Hoowil

This one is coming back up quick! Less than two weeks! We're planning on spending Saturday there. My wife even lured in a friend, who wants to try going in garb. Looking forward to it. I do wonder if it also being the last weekend on NoCal might have an impact, but it'll be fun regardless.