News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

memorial day weekend

Started by wildthingjew, May 07, 2009, 09:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: wildthingjew on May 20, 2009, 12:54:03 PM

purple correct from bristol 2 years ago?

Yes, that was me in my Royal Swashbuckler outfit. Makes an impression does it not? ;D And I remember meeting you; although offline names escape me.

Since the faire cast does not have a Sir Francis Drake on their cast; I will be there as such. Many thanks to my friends; Lord and Lady Jonville; the French Ambassadors; as well as Tennessee's Cast/Entertainment Directors for this opportunity.

fair winds and following seas; see you all in but 2 days time!
Master of the Golden Hinde
Captain-General of The Brotherhood of the Waves
In Service to HRM Queen Elizabeth I

Capt Lucy

Oh hey...if you plan on being at faire on Monday, DON'T FORGET YOUR TOWEL!!!!

MONDAY MAY 25th!  INTERNATIONAL TOWEL DAY!!!

You are invited to join your fellow hitch hikers in mourning the loss of the late great one. Join in on towel day to show your appreciation for the humor and insight that Douglas Adams brought to all our lives.

What do I do?  Carry your towel with you throughout the day to show your participation and mourning.

When do I do it? Monday May 25th.

Where do I do it?  Everywhere!!!

Why a towel?  To quote from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Captain Jack Wolfe

You're one hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is, Lucy!   ;D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

BamaWoodsman

So are there enough people coming this weekend to warrant at least an attempt to meet up before opening cannon? or any other designated time for that matter?   We failed miserably at GARF to catch up with any one. I do know my group will have some sort of pin on for "Order of the Orange" so if you see any groups caring oranges toward Paulo's show thats us. ( Have to figure out how to smuggle a few in with us)  Not sure what the pins will look like though cause we left the ladies to design and assemble them. Lord knows how much time ( and money) they spent in Hobby Lobby. Hopefully we'll see some of ya'll there.

CapnFayeCutler

*giggle* I haven't made opening YET this season... Although I did get to watch it from the car while in line this past Sunday. I'll try! ^_^ Usually to the right hand side just outside the gate is where we all meet up. Maybe if we all get there early enough we can actually find each other in the lot first. :)

Ooh and for towel day I'm gonna carry my black towel with 42 on it. IF I can find it...Otherwise it's gonna be my flamingo towel. ;)
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Capt Lucy

Opening gate??  What's that??  :D
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

kirk

Quote from: Capt Lucy on May 21, 2009, 10:23:26 PM
Opening gate??  What's that??  :D

I think that is the big groups of people shouting something about shaving the queen :D

CapnFayeCutler

For shame! Well then I cannot get scowls from the queen for that.  ;D
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Mixsae

Avidd, Kirk and myself are usually at gate.

I plan on trying to get into the parking lot early...but there's a method to that madness. Hopefully the nice weather this week has worked wonders on the swamp/parking lot.