News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pgh Festival Auditions ! ! !

Started by Professor M, May 07, 2009, 09:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor M

I realize this is short notice, but I just learned about it.  Please spread the word to anyone you know who may be interested.
- M -

THE PITTSBURGH RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL'S 16th CENTURY CASTING CALL
AUDITIONS for MUSICANS, ACTORS AND ACTRESSES !

The Performance Company for the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival is looking
for NEW Entertainers to participate in the 14th Annual Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival.
The Festival is seeking Enthusiastic Musicians to help create that Festive
Atmosphere that all of Pittsburgh and the surrounding area has come to enjoy! 
We are also seeking talented individuals to participate in our Royal Court and
Street Casts.  Compensation determined upon acceptance to the Cast.
*Come join us in an Exciting and Glorious Season!*

2009 OPEN Auditions :
On Site            ~          May 9, 2009 10am – 5pm
Pitt Campus   ~          May 16, 2009 10am – 5pm
           Pitt Campus Auditions will be on the Quad behind the Cathedral of Learning

Requirements: New applicants, 18 years or older, may attend Auditions.
Please prepare a short presentation of your character or talent, bring a resume' and
a current photo. Applicants should come in costume, if possible, although it is not
required.

Applicants should be available for the entire Festival season.
Festival Dates are August 29th ~ October 4th on Weekends plus Labor Day.
Rehearsal Dates prior to the Festival may also be required in July and August.
For further information, or to schedule an Audition appointment,
Please call the festival office at 724-872-1670,
or email the Entertainment Director, John Blankenbehler at jblankenbehler@pittsburghrenfest.com

• Walk-ins are welcome
  • Alternate audition times and locations may be possible.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

spodonnell

So the proposals that were requested were to what purpose?

paulg

My understanding is that this is for new acts only. Returning cast needed to submit the proposals.

Professor M

Paul is exactly correct.  New cast and musicians must audition.  Returning cast were asked to submit proposals.
~ C.S. Lewis

spodonnell

So returning cast should not go to the auditions on May 9 and 16? My thanks for clearing this up.

Ignia

well, crap. does this mean i am too late? my friend and i were looking to join the ren-fest.

Professor M

Ignia, we can't really say.  None of us represents management of the faire.  I suggest you call the festival office.  The number is up above.  Best of luck!
~ C.S. Lewis

Drusilia

Does anyone know if contracts have been mailed out yet? Last I heard was that applicants would be contacted in June, but I haven't heard anything since. 
I am living in this world but living life as if it were a dream, yet what happens when in living a dream, it bleeds?

Professor M

Dru, to my knowledge nothing has been mailed yet.
~ C.S. Lewis

Lady Alchemy

I believe that most people who are going to be getting contracts were contacted yesterday and that the actual contracts were going to be mailed out today.
I LOVE  You Marcus!!!!!

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Lady Alchemy on June 25, 2009, 09:51:00 AM
I believe that most people who are going to be getting contracts were contacted yesterday and that the actual contracts were going to be mailed out today.

As I understand it (which could be wrong)  contract are being mailed to the PTB today for approval and then mailed to individuals.  Hang in there.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Drusilia

I am living in this world but living life as if it were a dream, yet what happens when in living a dream, it bleeds?

chriscat53

So 5 days later. Neither of my daughters has heard anything and so they can't plan other jobs, horse shows, etc. Any idea when they will know? I'm back in the quandary of having to make costumes but no word yet. If they aren't cast, then I don't have to make them.

Drusilia

Quote from: chriscat53 on June 30, 2009, 12:40:03 PM
So 5 days later. Neither of my daughters has heard anything and so they can't plan other jobs, horse shows, etc. Any idea when they will know? I'm back in the quandary of having to make costumes but no word yet. If they aren't cast, then I don't have to make them.

I have not heard anything yet either and I'm in a very similar situation job wise.

NelleMoorley

In Colorado (owned by the same people) a bunch of us didn't get contracts until the weekend before faire began.  I'm hoping that doesn't happen with you folks, but it might.  Just thought I'd warn everyone.
Nelle Moorley

Angus_Cutter

Hey everyone... as a cast member for last year I submitted my proposal and have still not heard anything back regarding casting.  If I am working I need to start making my garb and put the finishing touches on some bits/accents.  I want to do a good job this year and have time to prepare but it is hard to when I am not sure I am being called back. 

Has anyone beside the Mayor, Seamstress, Prof. M. and Janice been called back?  As far as I know nobody has.

Princess Mary

Angus, I'm in the same boat! Hopefully we hear something soon!! :S
         Okay so this may be over share but  I keep having this awful dream where I'm rooming with like 5 people from fest  (who are different each time) and I don't get a call back so I'm the only one there on weekends. During which I spend the whole time sobbing!   I'm just so spastic!! XD Hope everyone's summer is going well!

Sabrina

Sarah that may have been a little over share but it was so cute!!

I know what you mean though... I am so scared I wont get a call about it and I am in the same boat as you since I am your room mate for next year.  It would suck to finally have a group of friends/family that I love and enjoy to be around and then find out that I am not welcome back again.

jersincl

Gosh, I hope they still have the gorgeous belly dancers!
                 I just love how playful they are with the audience participations!
                              Hope to see and take some funny pics.

jayadancer

Aw, *blush* thank you!

The bellydancers have not heard back yet either. 

We are frustrated because we have so much to offer in our new show (written by the dashing Dashing!) but we would really like time to practice and perfect it. 

A lot of time and effort, heart and soul go into our choreographies.  Renn fest is a very big part of our lives, and we put huge pieces of ourselves into our performances.  One of us is actually flying in to practice and perform at PRF, another has turned down job offers at three other festivals to stay home with her PRF family. 

We're really hoping that this passion for PRF will be rewarded with a return to Pittsburgh Renn this year!
~The Mystic Deliria, The Madness Amorous~

jayadancer

The Sisters will not be back at PRF this season.

We thank you all for your support... we will keep you in our hearts.

Have a wonderful summer!
~The Mystic Deliria, The Madness Amorous~

Scarlett

I am guessing that as like last year, everything will kick into hyper-speed once the Colorado Faire is over this weekend and management can devote more time to this faire.  Hold tight folks!
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Terry Griffith

Me heart is broken.  Seriously.

Scarlett

Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Scarlett on July 30, 2009, 01:52:09 PM
Quote from: Terry Griffith on July 30, 2009, 12:35:34 PM
Me heart is broken.  Seriously.

Why?  What's wrong Terry?
Many of the people that have made our faire family what it was have been cast aside.  It hurts deeply to see people I have come to love and respect ripped out of our Shire as if they didn't matter or didn't add to the feeling that was Morelandshire.  They cannot be replaced nor their absence go unnoticed.  I will morn their loss every day at and outside of faire.

I dare say no more but they need to know that they will be sorely missed and our family torn assunder.

chriscat53

Josie and Brit also haven't been called so they will not be back. Katie and Lindsay have contracts.

Drusilia

I also have not heard anything back yet, so I went ahead and applied to work in the kitchens this year. I hope that this will work out so that even if I'm not on cast I can still be a part of the festival. :)