News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2008 Wish List

Started by majikboxman, May 18, 2008, 10:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Lily

Oh goodness...I have a decent wish list...some stuff I've really got to get a move on making.

Let's see...
-pirate bodice, matching pants...for the pirate festival
-proper pirate shoes

-medieval dress and the overcoat thing I want to make for it

-bodice cooler
-fan
-leather mug with cork

I suppose I should mention the court gown, corset, etc. that's probably the only thing I actually *need* perse... but I still want it :-)

Charlotte Rowan

Let's see...

Baldric - check. I have already ordered it
New bodice - tried making one and am failing miserably, so planning to order one from Bodices by Bonnie this month...
New pirate garb - in progress. Breeches are almost done, coat is well on its way (and looking nice!!)
Boots - plan to order those next month.
I really want a dagger too, but I think I will have to wait on that until next year.... the Fest budget is rapidly dwindling!!
::) :P :D
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

renren

Quote from: Deadbishop on May 18, 2008, 11:39:58 PM
I need dirtier pirate garb.  Mine is too "fancy".  I want a coat that looks 20 years worn and lived in.  Probably won't have that until at least next season though.  And proper bucket boots.  New breaches would be nice too. 

Well, If it rains good, we'll throw some mud at you!
See how we care! ;)
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Erynn

I need to find a big piece of heavy leather so I can make a scabbard for one of my cutlasses, otherwise it'll sit another season at home.

I'm also trying to decide if I should buy a new bodice for Bristol, or if I have enough time to make one and still finish my stuff for opening.

Lord Figaro

Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

renren

More Ren music CDs!!!
Renren
Wench  #  3783

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Lord Figaro

We're pretty simple in our wants aren't we Renren?The good ole' K.I.S.S. rule, Keep It Simple Stupid, that's my motto.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

CelticOne

I would like a baldric, as my various weapons are a little on the heavy side for my poor little sash, that and I need/want the shoes i've been drooling over for awhile but for that I need to see Lady Oren, oh and I need a few other accesories in order to call my pirate gear complete....but when is it ever done. ;D
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

renren

Quote from: Lord Figaro on May 30, 2008, 12:36:54 PM
We're pretty simple in our wants aren't we Renren?The good ole' K.I.S.S. rule, Keep It Simple Stupid, that's my motto.
Yup! :D
Renren
Wench  #  3783

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Baron Doune

Five fingers and five toes....would make me very happy.

renren

Quote from: Baron Doune on May 31, 2008, 06:23:06 PM
Five fingers and five toes....would make me very happy.
Shouldn't you have ten of each??
Renren
Wench  #  3783

Guppy # 32 ROoL

groomporter

My wife's plastic surgeon also does trauma work so he might have spares on occasion  ::)

I'm wishing some of the economic stimulus checks will stimulate us crafters.  ;)
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Ren Jen

Foot wear.  I don't know what yet but I am a firm believer that good foot wear makes or breaks your day comfort wise....

Baron Doune

I so want to get into a sword fight!

Prefer a French person with a foil...claymore vs. foil...ya I can dig it.

Kiss-me-Kate

Quote from: Ren Jen on May 31, 2008, 07:58:25 PM
Foot wear.  I don't know what yet but I am a firm believer that good foot wear makes or breaks your day comfort wise....
I agree, Jen.  I purchased a pair of Docs to wear this season.  I don't care if they are period or not.  I hate having tired and sore feet at the end of the day.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!