News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's Who?

Started by Captain Dungcaster, May 11, 2009, 10:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Dungcaster

Lokking at the VARF site I am trying to familarize myself with who's who on the cast. Name and titles etc.. I am comming up this Sat. I am trying to put together a new persona and have decided to drop the old character Francis Poldark of the Staffordshire Malitia. My new Character will be Captain Dungcaster, of these near parts. I have posted as A.K.A. Lord Dungcaster previously but I am uncomfortable with that as it implies nobility. My persona is somewhat of a person who has served as a Soldier or a Dragoon. {dismouted infantry} I do not want my character to be a noble as there is an established nobility within Staffordshire. My garb is kind of fancy for a peasant and a bit common for nobility. I do like to play in "character" and my wife Nancy will be comming with me in Garb as well. She is Nancy Stafford. She will be a "marital prospect" Also Jane Leslie will be with us as well and we have decided she will be Nancy's older cousin, kind of a "Chapperone" We do like to get involved and as I have worked with VARF in the past I know you do like "Playtrons"

Will there be a court of common pleas? Are partons allowed to bring charges against other patrons? What is the protocol for a bit?

That is who we are, who are you? How should we greet you in the terms of the period?
Resp,
Frank Blanton
Captain Dungcaster, "of these near parts"
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

lowlandscot

My dear Captain Dungcaster,

I am Mistress Katherine Harpyr. You will recognize me by the 20 lb. hunk of walnut I am always carrying about, and my erratic Scottish accent, which often fades into Irish, Cockney, or Minnesotan. I have not seen a definite performance schedule but am given to understand I will be mostly appearing on the New Improved Phoenix Stage. Please come by and say hello.

Benedict Browne

QuoteWill there be a court of common pleas? Are partons allowed to bring charges against other patrons? What is the protocol for a bit?

Yeah Good Sir,  There will be a Court of Common Pleas.  It takes place daily, in the afternoon, at the Woodland Stage.  Me thinks it is near the time of three and thirty, but do verify with the daily schedule as in my advanced years, my mind does from time to time take a holiday from the present.  ("Oh look -- a butterfly!")  Just check in with the members of the Court and they will call upon thee in due time.

See the anon!

M.B.B
Scott McD.

(Master Benedict Browne - Sgt. Trumpeter)

will paisley

Frank,

Next to nothing has changed, in terms of what you're asking.  Court of Common Pleas in the afternoon, Court of Courtly Love in the morning in the nobles area.  Lots of new nobility and revelers, but some of the same old faces are around, though they've moved around a bit.  I'm looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your wife.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Master James

Dear Frank,

To answer your question in a short and concise manner:  yes, there will be a Court of Common Pleas.  Patrons are both allowed and encouraged to bring charges up against anyone.  During that show, the ettiquette for a bit is simply to stand up when the judge asks "Does anyone have a case?" and the judge will help move the case along.

The Virginia Renaissance Faire's mission is to provide the the highest quality interactive entertainment with the ultimate goal of educating our audience.  We feel the best way to educate and entertain is to bring our visitors into our world, allowing them to interact with our performers as much as possible.  There are several shows that absolutely thrive on patron-cast interaction:  Court of Common Pleas, Town Council, Court of Love, Courtly Dance Instruction, Country Dance Instruction, the Maypole, Pike Drills, Shipboarding Drills, and Queen's Court are just a few of the highly patron interactive shows.  We hope to see as many of our patrons enjoying the show in the audience as we see them enjoying them from the middle of the action.  In order to get involved in any of these shows, if you are not directly asked by a cast member to join, turn to any of the people who look like they may be performers (they would be the ones who look comfortable in their clothing no matter the weather) and ask to get involved.

There are some shows, though, that we ask that there is no involvement of patrons or performers who are not directly scipted into the show.  Many of the stage acts, for example, have a script that they follow and patron interaction may interfere with the quality of the performance.  Please try to use discretion when wanting to jump into a show . . . asking prior to acting is usually a policy that the performers appreciate.  If you want to perform bits in the streets, likewise, though we highly encourage interactions these impromptu interactions, we would ask they not grow so loud as to draw attention away from stages (where performers are trying to make a living) or from people making purchases with a vendor (especially in this economy).

Our cast and crew love to play with out patrons; it's the life's blood of our interactive show.  The streets are filled with townsfolk and courtiers, militia and poppets who are there to bring you into Elizabethan England.  Whether you have a character of your own or are coming in as yourself, there is a place for you and a way that you can make an impact on the show at the Virginia Renaissance Faire.

Sincerely,

Chris Pantazis
Production Director
Virginia Renaissance Faire 2009

Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Dallan

That was short and concise?  ;)