News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Perfect Father's Day Card for a Knight!

Started by Blackbead, May 13, 2009, 04:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbead

Greetings!  In preparation for Father's Day, take a look at this card:  www.zazzle.com/Blackbead and there you'll find a Father's Day card fit for a king!  It's the perfect Father's Day card for the child who sees their father as a noble knight!  Tell your father that he taught you well, that you appreciate his words and deeds, and that you will always see him as your "favorite knight."  Braver than Arthur, more skilled than Lancelot, more noble than Galahad; proclaim your father the grandest champion of them all!
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Tammy

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Blackbead

Thank thee, m'Lady!  I lost my father a few years ago but I wrote a series of poems along these lines.  My father taught me to be brave (knight), wise (cowboy), and to live life to its fullest (pirate).  He also mentored me into becoming a lawyer but I DON'T think I'll be writing a poem for that!  Give the racoons me best!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Tammy

I am my father's biggest fan...he's been a wonderful father, and a true friend to me. I'm aslways looking for ways to be unique and not mainstream in gift giving...that way he knows I've really put time and effort into what I give him. He's a biker...so one year for his birthday I baked him a cake, and cut it into the shape of a motorcycle (before I realized someone makes cake pans in that shape already!). He still talks about that...and it was 6 years ago!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Blackbead

I was just thinking over the weekend about the last time my old man and I were on Village Creek in a canoe.  Of course, I can also remember him dressed in faux chain mail and furry boots with a horned helmet on his head and a wooden-headed battleax in his hand.  He was always willing to take part in my adventures.

As he used to say, well, shout actually, as we paddled along, rain or shine, "Ya-ta-heh!"  Thanks for bringing up some great memories, Tammy!   ;D

Tammy

It's not so much a memory...just a story I've heard alot, and I like to tell it as well.

My dad's always had motorcycles...when I was about 3,  dad would put me on the tank and ride me around the yard singing Born To Be Wild at the top of our lungs.
Everytime I hear that song I think of how cute this is!!

Blackbead

bump

It's not too late to order one of these cards for your father or your father's father or your children's father!  There's a card for a pirate and a card for a knight.  Please consider them as ye make yer gift choices this year.  I thank ye!

Blackbead