News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any word on the new Margo Anderson Tudor?

Started by gem, May 16, 2009, 08:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alisoun

I pre-ordered mine this morning as well.  Yay!
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." --William James

gem

So... shipping soon, maybe?  Hopefully?

Anyone heard anything?  ??? ;D

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I have not heard anything either, gem. I pre-ordered mine in early June as well. I hope soon too.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Alisoun

The website estimates the end of the month for shipping, which is in two days.  While I really, really want the Tudor in my hands, I can wait a little longer for the last minute details.
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." --William James

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

My guess is that there was a huge response from the numbers of pre-orders, that getting them printed delayed things a bit. From what I hear from friends who have met her, Margo is a very nice woman. Her patterns sell well because they are sized from a 2 to 30.

I check the mailbox everyday. It's not so much the pattern package, well the Gabled Hood pattern I am stoked about; but the Instruction Booklet that is the real treasure! I have resisted making a Gabled for lack of a good pattern for one. Damn if I can follow the graph from the TUDOR TAILOR to make one the correct size.

NicoleBridget

Has anyone heard anything yet?  I'm chomping at the bit for this one!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Baroness Doune emailed me saying that Margo Anderson was still working on the Instruction booklet. So it might still be a while. Apparently  Margo was one of the instructors at the more recent Costume College. Though the website mentioned July delivery.

Cilean

Quote from: Alisoun on June 12, 2009, 10:41:49 PM
I pre-ordered mine this morning as well.  Yay!

I was with Margo this past weekend while at Costume College and she said you all should be getting your patterns soon, she is still going through the last of her editing!!!

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

That is good to know. I pre-ordered my pattern in the earlier part of June. I suppose I can wait a few more weeks.

NicoleBridget

I was just about to post a "what's the word on the pattern" when I thought...hm, maybe I should check the website first.  So here's the good word, straight from the horse's mouth:

"Sept 12
The wait for the Tudor Lady's Pattern is just about over. The manual text is done, and is now being edited by a fresh set of eyes and once the proofreading is complete, the manual will be ready to go. Everything is in place, our printer is standing by, and we expect to begin shipping during the next week.

We'd like to apologize to each and every one of you whose orders have been delayed, and we thank you for your extreme patience. It has been several years since Margo has written an entirely new manual, and we severely underestimated the magnitude of the task. We'll definitely take measures to not be so premature in taking preorders in the future, and will look to improve our process to bring future projects to you in much shorter order."

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

As with the manuals that come with Margo's patterns, this one had to be correct in every way. I am a patient person to wait a while longer for something that will prove essential.

Doing Tudor right takes a lot of knowledge. I am looking forward to making a Gabled Hood correctly. That is the main reason I pre-ordered the package in the first place back in early June. Following the directions in the TUDOR TAILOR was too confusing.

gem

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on September 17, 2009, 12:35:51 PMFollowing the directions in the TUDOR TAILOR was too confusing.

Um, I hate to say it, but I find that to be the case all too often with that book.  Sigh.

Kate XXXXXX

I wonder why that is?  The only thing I have made from it so far worked perfectly.

NicoleBridget

I feel the same way.  I thought it was just novice sewing me.  You can imagine my confusion when I was trying to make the undersleeves!  They were mistakenly omitted from the book, although on the website (which I didn't know).  No matter...I still love having The Tudor Tailor on my bookshelf.  I still think it's a great resource.

margospatterns

Hello folks, this is Doug Gordon of Historic Costume Patterns once again!

I just wanted to drop in to say, Margo's Tudor Lady's Wardrobe pattern is now complete, and we have begun shipping.  We hope to have all pre-orders cleared out within a week's time.

As NicoleBridget kindly re-posted from our website, we're chagrined that the process took us so long, and apologize to all of our customers who pre-ordered.  But the wait is over now, and we think everyone will be happy with the result.  The manual ended up longer than our previous record holder (the Elizabethan Men's), so that's what took so long to complete.  As with all of our manuals, every step is detailed and diagramed, so we think costumers will find the directions easy to follow.  We are definitely looking forward to seeing what our customers can do with our pattern!  Now Margo will have some well-deserved rest before we turn our attention to the next project.  No promises on how quick we can get that one out the door though!  :)