News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Home, New Look, New Faces

Started by FaireMare, May 18, 2008, 07:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaireMare

I know there is an introduction thread on the main pages.... but In reading threads, and now with all of us restarting at the same time, I thought this would be an excellent way to say hello to everyone.  If you are one of our goddesses, please post that too.

I will start. Please follow the same format for easier reading.  ;D .....OH! and SMALL Pictures Please. ((the only "small" one I have was from 2002 ))

NAME:  FaireMare
Joined RF:  December of 2004  "Mod" since 2006
Board "title" :  Moderator
Participation At Faire:  Cast AzRF, Playtron other faires I visit.
                                   1 season Carolina RF, Prodstaff AzRF
Garbing Expereience:   Cast AzRF,  Children's Garb, Men's Garb...
                                 Cant Make a woman's bodice turn right.

tigrlily64

Sorry, no picture from me...

Name: Tigrlily
Joined RF: February of 2008
Board Title: None
Participation at Faire:   Paytron at Bristol, soon to be Playtron.
Garbing Experience:   1 Chemise, 1 Skirt

Erynn

(Click to embiggen)

Name:   Erynn
Joined RF:  2006 or 2007 I think
Board "title" :   No official title
Participation At Faire:  Playtron
Garbing Experience:    My own garb, garb for a few others. Costuming since 97-98
                                Designed costumes for 2 WSU shows, got awards for both

{moderators award for following format! WOOT}

gem

Name: Gem
Joined RF: Sometime in 2003
Board title: "Mistress of Esoterica," also "Link Goddess"
Participation at Fair: KCRF playtron
Garbing Experience: I've been sewing since 2004 when I rebelled against ill-fated sewing "lessons."  I've mostly done fairwear while learning garment construction (lots of skirts, bodices, odds and ends for relatives and friends); more recently expanded into more H/A work (a gamurra-inspired linen gown, a complete 18th Century ensemble of linen and wool, and just starting a recreation of a c. 1500 French tapestry gown).  I've been drafting patterns and draping my own mockups for a couple of years now, but I just discovered the joy of working with a truly *wonderful* pattern, and am looking forward to breaking out the Margo Andersons with this next project!

Athena

Name:
Athena
Joined R/F: Summer of 2004
Board Title: Queen's Lady in Lacing, Bard of the Court
Participation at faire: Playtron at the Great Lakes Medieval Faire and other nearby festivals.
Garbing experience: Total n00b! Much to my surprise and delight, I'm actually decent at sewing and I enjoy it!  8)

{moderators award for following format! WOOT}
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

silverstah

Name: Catarina / Silverstah
Joined R/F: Umm.... 2002?  A long, long time ago. ;)
Board title: None!
Participation at Faire: blissfully, just as a patron right now.  North Carolina Renaissance Faire, Carolina Renaissance Festival, and occasionally Georgia Renaissance Faire and MD Renaissance Faire.
Garbing experience: Lots? :) I ran a custom garb company for many years.  Now I am focusing on improving my historical sewing techniques through 15th and 16th c. Italian and Spanish costume.  It's a fun challenge! :)
Catarina Caravello - Mistress of the Bobbins
\"Arrrgh.  Feed Dogs.  Arrrgh.\"  -The Pirate, sewing

Lady L

Name: Linda/Lady L
Joined R/F: Christmas 2006
Board title:
Participation at Faire: First attended MNRF in 1973, when it was a few tents in a field. Bought my shop at MNRF in 1998. I have also visited Siouxland Ren faire, Twig faire and Wisc. ren faire.
Garbing experience: My Mom taught me how to sew by hand and on her old Singer machine when I was 8 years old. I have been sewing for over 40 years. I have made all kinds of things for family and friends, such as shirts, blouses, skirts, pants, jackets, sleepwear, baby clothes, doll clothes, underwear, etc. I first started researching/sewing garb in 1998, when I bought my shop. I made garb for everyone in my family that helped me at my shop. As an artist, I lean more toward fantasy garb, but I find historical garb equally fascinating!  ;D
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

nliedel

I'm Nancy. I'll be acting in the MiRF this summer as an  Italian Flower Seller who sings. I'm currently fighting to get my toile to lie correctly without wrinkles and am ready to cook and eat the next kid who thinks punching Lady Madge (body double, hangs from the ceiling), is funny.

I've been garbing for years, but let's just saw authenticity and finish work was not really my forte. I've changed, I swear.

My "headshot" from my audition. My husband took it the day before. Yes, I'm a pro :)

I've been sewing for twenty years now, but not well. However, you should see my bloomers! Flat felled seams, not an unfinished bit in site and authentic. I've already learned a lot here.

Oh, and special kusdos to my husband who, literally, took apart my Janome Serger and put it back together when it seized. He saved me a ton of money and there are no parts left over. Bless him. It makes the idea of washing sixteen yards of cotton jacquard slightly more appealing, since there will be less ravel.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Gwen aka Punstergal

Sorry for big picture, I don't have any uploaded that aren't full-size and I don't know how to code it to make it show smaller.

NAME:   Gwendolynn aka Punstergal
Joined RF:  Hmm... I don't remember, two years ago, I think
Board "title" :   Purveyor of useless information? Resident rope-fiend? KnottyNymph?
Participation At Faire:  Vendor at TRF for (omg don't tell) 10 years, playtron at almost any other festival I can reach
Garbing Experience:   This and that, here and there.. I tend to do more crafting than sewing, so a lot of my basic garb pieces are purchased and then edited by me, whereas all the accessories, jewelry, wings, fantasy clothing, etc is made my me. I specialize in things that involve pretty knots :)

{big picture okay.... mod likes you followed format! }
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

Jess Devyne

Name:   Jess Devyne
Joined RF:  January 2004
Participation at Faire:  Playtron for quite a few years at Colorado as well as other faires (ie Arizona, TRF, Grand Junction, Las Vegas, PARF and soon to include; TUX, Michigan, KCRF)
Made lots o' different things.  Made a Courtesan couple of years ago....turned out pretty well if I do say so myself! 

Mare, you are doing a faboo job!  You are so haute!   ;)

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Name:  Lady Delaney
Joined RF:  Sept 2007
Participation at Faire:  Playtron Colorado Renaissance Faire and soon to travel to others.
Garbing experience:newbie to sewing and garbing but learning and wanting to sew garb once I get it all figured out.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Lady Ann of Draycott

NAME:   Lady Ann of Draycott
Joined RF:  April 11, 2007
Board "title" :  Viscountess of Draycott Castle & The Lady of Roses
Participation At Faire:  Playtron at Scarby & TRF so far...
Garbing Expereience:   Newbie.  I've made a few skirts to go with my Moresca bodices and after wearing them realized that I didn't really like them for some reason and decided to try again by doing something different. So yeah, I'm in the trial and error stage. I haven't tried making anything other than a skirt yet, but I am thinking about eventually trying to attempt a court gown...
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

DonaCatalina

Name: Catalina Osorio de Moscoso, Marquesa de Rende

Joined R/F: Sometime in 2005/2006.
I have the unofficial title of Portrait Goddess because I have such a large collection of renaissance portraits I can usually find an example for anything.

{moderator} Nutting Unofficial about it... you are the Portrait Goddess #1 {/moderator}

Garbing Experience: I've been making garb for myself and others since 1991/1992. I try to limit myself nowdays to making garb for my immediate family.
My husband and I are in the SCA and have been for many years. I've made garb for every century between 600 and 1600, though I prefer not to do Elizabethan.
I'm not 100% H/A because I refuse to wear wool undies in the Texas heat, among other issues.
Happy Sewing!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Valencia

Name: Shannon / Jacqueline de Rohan
Joined RF: In March, 2007, when I was desperately searching for garb help for my first faire.  I was originally Elanadi; I've since picked a character to portray for Faire, and decided to take the opportunity the new board presented to change my user name.
Board title: none.
Participation at Fair: Playtron / Guild member at smaller SoCal Faires.
Garbing Experience: I have minimal sewing experience; I primarily made only dog pajamas prior to this.  When I started attending faires last year, I wanted to make my own peasant garb (albeit faire style, not H/A.)  By the end of the season, I was planning H/A noble garb. I've since made two noble gowns, the peasant garb, and pirate garb.  My goal for this next winter is H/A peasant or middle class garb, and an Italian gown.

gypsylakat

NAME:   GypsyLaKat

Joined RF:   Spring of 2007(ish)
Participation At Faire:  heading up on my third season of going to MDRF
Garbing Expereience:    Fairy garb, one bodice (*note, in progress, <almost finished!>) and some other accessory stuff...
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."