News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Home, New Look, New Faces

Started by FaireMare, May 18, 2008, 07:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrilla

Name:  SyRilla
Joined RF:  I don't remember, it's been a long while
Board "title":  I don't think I have one... yet
Participation At Faire:  Cast TNRF , Cast LARF, visit other faires
Garbing Expereience:  Costumer for theatres, cruise ships, circus/ice shows, renaissance festivals, weddings, personal and outside freelance

{moderator} i fixed it for you darlin.... I love this shot.  My favorite is the one with your mouth open in "surprise"! {/moderator)

Poco the Pirate

I'm working on a pic. sorry
Name:   Poco the Pirate
Joined RF:  A month ago?? something like that.  Im very new
Board "title":  I don't think I have one.
Participation At Faire:  I've worked for alot of different vendors
Garbing Expereience:   I made my own chemis ( is that how you spell it?) when I was like 15. But my mom makes most of my garb.  I'm trying to do it myself this year though.

You never know when a leperon might attack

operafantomet

Applause and :o to the picture above! Wow...

Hmmm, about me:
Name:  Anéa / Operafantomet
Joined RF:  Some weeks ago.
Board "title":  I don't think I have one...?
Participation at Faire:  Whatever historical events happening in Eastern/Southern Norway.
Favourite period(s): Florentine ca. 1500-1550, Venetian ca. 1530-1590, early German
Garbing experience:  I've never learned to sew other than the stuff I learned at school. The actual sewing process isn't my forte, it's sloppy and with the symmetry of the eye rather than proper measures (I have dyscalculia, if anyone knows what that is). But I'm good at constructing stuff and on combining materials and trims. Razzle-dazzle them... ;)

I mostly make stuff for myself. I started with the vision of prooving that the making of costumes didn't have to be all that expensive. Then I got hooked on trying to copy portraits. Now I'm trying to get stuff as period as possible, and my vision of cheap costumes is long forgotten...  :D

Trillium

Name:  Trillium
Joined R/F:  10/03
Board Title:  Distribution Mistress of Faerie Dust
Participation at faire:  playtron at TRF since I was 15 & Scarby since 2007
Garbing experience:  Been sewing since I was a 4 or 5; I prefer fantasy and "ren-feel"; I make outfits for me and my family, which mainly revolves around fantasy (fae & barbarian), gypsy (faire style), & boys peasant/pirate.  I've become rather good at making garb on a severe budget.  Obviously, I don't have much concern about historical accuracy, but I have the utmost respect for those who do.

I don't have any small pics, but go see my intro if you don't know who I am!! ;D ;)
Got faerie dust?

Pipere

Name:   Jeni/Pipere/Fortissima/Balquis
Joined RF:  September 06
Board "title" : Tea Enthusiast, Costumer-in-Training (CIT)
Participation At Faire: Cast at MiRF since 06, Playtron at other faires.
Garbing Experience: Design and construct my own garb, take small commissions from friends (shirts, hats, etc.), shop rat at my old high school, 3rd most fashionable member of the Victorian Days committee.
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

FaireMare

Garbing expereience meand in ALL FORMS of garbing.... Not just the needle and thread side!

Zoot

Name: Zoot
Joined RF:  Sometime in 2005 (formerly known as Zoot)
Board Title:  Don't have one yet!
Participation at Faire: Not yet attended; Intend to visit Bristol
Garbing Experience:  I just make costumes for myself.  I've made Halloween costumes for years and only recently have extended to small scale Ren garb.  I hope to progress to bigger and more elaborate projects.  My other sewing passion is collecting and sewing from vintage patterns.  We are moving next week, and I hope to really crack on with many exciting projects from my new sewing annex.  Yes, that's right, an annex!!!  I'll have so much room now to spread out and accommodate big projects.

I have no pics of me in garb (this will change soon).  But here I am in a dress I recently made from a vintage 1953 pattern.

{moderator} Please post just ONE photo {/moderator}

callalilly

Name: Callalilly
Playtron: Northern California (Gilroy,San Francisco,Lake Tahoe and wherever I can get to.
R/F member: About a year
Sewing experience: I have always sewed, hems and such, I have been trying to improve by reading all the sewing advice here.

peggyelizabeth

NAME:   PeggyElizabeth
Joined RF:  Um, a while ago?
Board "title" :  nothing
Participation At Faire:  Playtron at MNRF going as often as I can and I visit Bristol once each season, but who knows? I may be doing more someday. Some people know my as Mary Queen of Scots, b/c I somehow get con-ed into playing her on Highland Fling weekend at MNRF.
Garbing Expereience:   Acording to my mom, I've been making costumes pretty much my whole life. I've always had a knack for playing with fabric. In a more formal way, I have some theatrical costume training and have designed and built costumes for the local community theatre and I love to make historic clothing for myself and family.

Mairghread

NAME: Mairghread 
Joined RF:  spring? 2007
Board "title" :   none
Participation At Faire:  Playtron at Virginia RF and MDRF
Garbing Expereience:  skirts, leines, various small bags.  I run a standing fundraiser for a ferret shelter making hammocks and beds for the wee beasties, so I sew alot, but my clothing experience is limited.  I have several projects in the planning stages, mostly to make myself new underpinnings and a kirtle.

jmkhalfmoon

NAME:  Lady Jayne
Joined RF:  Fall 2005 (I think)
Board "title" :   Was Painter of Pretty Things (I think)
Participation At Faire:  VARF, PARF, MDRF and looking at NCRF this year - Did IARF many, many moons ago
Garbing Expereience:  Quiliting for many years, started garbing in 2005.  Had to take a break from it last year because of another hobby.  Made all of the garb in the photo (bought my fan).  The daughters dress was made when she was three and designed it to be let out and it still fits 3 years later.  My Lord's digs are new...this photo (by Reese) was the unveiling of the new suite at VARF this year (he needs a hat, I know).  I'm working a new dress for myself and my daughter.  Hope to have them done by MDRF.

broadwaygal24601

PIC COMING SOON!!!

Name:  BroadwayGal24601
Joined R/F: 2007
Board Title: None
Participation at faire: I've been a patron of AZ Ren Fest literally since I was only a few weeks old, but have never had the chance to be part of the cast...
Garbing experience: Still a mostly self-taught (although 80% of what I know comes from advice you lovelies have given me...) and just a beginning sewer...I'm still learning!! I'm in college, so I come on the boards whenever I have enough time to work on my garb...which is my "calm down and unwind time"

HenrySidneyKG

Name:  HenrySidneyKG
Joined R/F: 2007
Board Title: None
Participation at faire: Assistant Guildemaster for St George Productions, based in Virginia.  Started my renn career as cast at VRF in 1997.  Have been cast at NCRF for 7 years and did 1 year at VARF when it was in its infancy.  Playtron at MDRF, PARF and CRF when time allows.
Garbing experience: Started garbing at sci-fi conventions in 1991, then saw that it was much more satisfying to make garb for the conventions than to buy it.  Have dabbled in making chainmail, but then switched to traditional sewing.  Have been dabbling in embroidery and digitizing for 4 years.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Name: Kathy
Board Name: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted
Participation at Faire: Playtron, love traveling to different faires about the country

Sewing Experience: Been sewing for 46 years starting with hand sewing, making Doll Clothes for my Barbie, then mundane clothing for myself and children. Primarily  self taught. Have been involved with the Costuming Industry for 25 years.

"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Sir Dragon

NAME:  Sir Dragon
Joined RF:  sometime in 2004 
Participation At Faire:  Cast MdRF, Playtron other faires I visit.
Garbing Expereience:   Our Cast garb (Lady Glorianna & mine), and our palytron garb