News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

VARF Recaps from The Fox

Started by SirBlackFox, May 18, 2009, 06:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirBlackFox

Week One:
Although Saturday's gate count was just over 500 folks, every one of them had an incredible time at The Virginia Renaissance Festival.  The new vendors were awesome and some of the more seasoned vendors had permanent buildings!!  The place is growing in leaps and bounds and if you need to get your faire-on, this is the event to start with.

Saturday saw some personal ups and downs (literally ups and downs).  Up because folks like Mike & Joanne, Blair and April, showed up to hang with me for a bit in the new version of the Pyrates Way/Faire Magazine tent (when it was up).  Then came a huge gust of wind and pulled the whole thing down. . . .  so I had to set it up as version #2 which held up the rest of the day.  Then the big winds and über-rain started and I took the tent down myself during the night . . . . put it all away as the rains got worse in the a.m. and bugged out before the show opened.  VARF also experienced some wind/rain damage, including a corner of the pub tent collapsing (repairs were underway when I left).

I STILL had a blast and can't wait to get back down there this coming weekend as all the McCrack family show up to party.  I'm going down there early on Friday to set up tent version #3 (de-bugging and redesign has been underway since 6 a.m.).

Go to : www.varf.org for more information on the festival and then GO!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Scotsman

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Dallan

Fight'n

will paisley

Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Master James

Hey Sunday turned out to be a nice if not cold day.  You should have stayed BF!  I'm with Will though.  I need sleep!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51