News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The horses need you!

Started by MDJouster, May 29, 2009, 10:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDJouster

Going into the third weekend we are absolutely desparate for ground crew for the joust.  Its pretty simple stuff although there can be a lot of running in a short handed crew.  Just come back and introduce yourself.

LongDog Leather

We are new vendors to VARF this year.  We were there first weekend and will be back for the last two weekends.  Is this something my 14 year old son could help with?  He and his younger brother are helping to catch the hounds (of which we also have two) after the coursing.

MDJouster

Yes he should do fine.  It can be hard work though.  We had two youngsters join us for a show but declared it to much for them and did not return while a third not only came back he was heard bragging about what a great time he had.   Of course the more squires we get the less running required and an easier job for everyone.

lowlandscot

I am an entertainer on site all weekends and my 14-year-old daughter is usually with me the entire day. She is accustomed to handling horses -- would she be of use to you? If she's with me she's usually on-site by morning call and I can send her on back to introduce herself. Is 9:30 too early?

MDJouster

We can certainly use her too.  We would prefer to have at least 5 squires for the show and have only managed 4 once this run.  This Saturday neither Cole nor Shea can make it so we will definite.   If there are more we can certainly find some use for them and everything will run smoother the less running everyone has to do.

Krissie or I should be at morning meeting.  We had a couple weekends where we didn't get on site until late Friday night and were up forever with things that had to be done making it real hard to get to morning meeting but we should be down early this Friday so that won't be a problem.