News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

R/F Meet-n-Greet!!!!

Started by Amyj, May 20, 2009, 06:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amyj

Ok, Since there are several R/F-ers on their way to GSLRF this weekend...as requested....A Meet-n-Greet!!!!!  Woo!!!  How about 3:00 Sunday at the Wooden Badger pub?  This gives Mythrin a chance to pop in since it's closer to the German encampment (unless she is off somewhere else making princesses of the realm), is late enough that everyone from out of town should have made it in, and won't coincide with the Royal Smoker show that some of us might want to go to (again?).

The Wooden Badger is the first pub in the grounds as you enter the gates (just down the path a scoosh).   Maybe we can do some sort of mass parade up the hill or someting...I haven't finalized those details...We can play that by ear.

Sound good???  (ugh, I am so not good at planning these kind of things on the fly! :D )
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

pyratetradingco

I'll try to stop by... Rengeek's husband & I are also going to try to hit the smoker this Sunday afternoon. The Smoker is at 2:30, anyone know how long it lasts?

Feel free to stop in at Pyrate Trading Company & Arrbucks Coffees to say hello anytime over the coming weekends.

rengeek77

And while my two favorite men are at the smoker, I will be at the Pyrate Trading Co./Arrbucks shop holding down the fort.  Come by and see me!  Otherwise, I will meander over the Pub later that afternoon and see if anyone is still around. 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are not coming unitl the weekend after  :'(
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Mythrin

With you being so kind as to plan this at the Wooden Badger how can I not pop down but I can only stay for a few minutes since I am in scene three at the St Louis stage at 3:30 and have to be in place early.
Chris
Founding member of the Living History Company

"go Secret Squirrels"

Lady Renee Buchanan

Finally feeling better, I think we are actually coming (don't want to jinx myself though). 

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Meet & Greet.

Another question:  On many 3 day faires we've attended, there has been a group go-out-to-dinner on the Sunday evening.  Anything planned like that?  Is there a group of RFers that do that?

If not, since we're not from the area, and will be staying in Lake St. Louis, can anyone recommend somewhere good to eat?  Thanks!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Rebecca

I'll be there Monday afternoon! I know I'm new here, but I'd love to meet people!

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Charity and I should be there. It will be nice to meet everyone.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Lord and Lady Alberon

We will be & are looking forward to seeing our friends & making new ones  :D

Lady Rebecca Look for us Monday & Gauwyn of Brocknell We should be there the weekend after, look for us then.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks

jcbanner

I'm going to try and be there, but if you see me before hand, be sure to give me a kick to remind me.  I tend to be running oll over the place most the day and have issues keeping to any schedual

Malcolm

Sunday sounds good. There's a Strawberry Festival up here that I'll need to go to, but I can do that Saturday. Might have to be there by myself, as Sunday is race day.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Malcolm

BTW, don't ask to see pictures of my new grandaughter unless you have some time to kill. ;D
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Lady Rebecca

So since I left OKC at 3:30 today, I'm staying overnight in St. Roberts. I should be there just about at opening tomorrow!

Amyj

It was great meeting everyone and putting some faces to names (although most I'd met before)!  Lady Renee Buchanan asked that I post for her that she loves the faire here and is having a great time (she didn't want to wait until she got home!)!!!  Hopefully the rain today won't dampen anyone's enthusiasm today!  Thank your veterans!!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

act2redux

I concur!!   I had no idea that so many of you were so close at hand!  It was wonderful to meet some of you at the pub yesterday! - and to get to chat a bit again today!  Hopefully will see some of you at Molly M's next sat. evening for what sounds like a great party!   from what I hear 3 Pints Gone are to be there as well~ lookin forward to it!