News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Advance tickets

Started by tim4mel, May 20, 2009, 01:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim4mel

I am bringing a group and wanted to find out if there was a way to buy the tickets in advance.

Mel

will paisley

Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

GoldenGoose

I'll post publicly in case it was on anyone else's mind.

No advance ticket sales at this time. And we don't do discounts for large groups. (It's only $7 to begin with!)

On the other hand, if the large group is education or community service-oriented, such as school groups, scouts, 4-H, etc.,  we like to invite the chaperones/guides who are volunteering to shepherd the group around, to be our guests. You can contact us at comeplayatvarf.org for more information, although that e-mail is not viewed through the weekend, so get us early!

The ticket price is $7/person for ages 6 and up and we do accept checks and MC/Visa. Please contact me at the e-mail listed above if I can answer anymore questions.

Scotsman

I heard this was veterans appreciation weekend ... vets get in free right? More $$ for beer!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

GoldenGoose

In appreciation for your service, indeed! Active, reserve and retired military get in free with military ID this Memorial Day weekend.

Dallan

What about a friend of a vet?. I got this friend that I hang out with at faires and frankly it should qualify as combat duty.  ;) :D But I guess that doesn't count.
Fight'n

Scotsman

Hmmm, did they specify which military?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

will paisley

I know what you're thinking - imperial stormtroopers don't count.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Lairde Guardn

I heard a rumor that the first beer was free for vets.....ok, I made that up, but it sounded like a good rumor to hear if I was hearing any.   

See you all this weekend, and yes I will take advantage of the free tickets for vets.

And as the Host chapter this weekend I am sure that Master James is talking to the faire management about the free tickets for the chaperones/guides for the Clan M'Crack educational visit to VARF. 
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Oh then I want to be a chaperone!  ::)  ::)  ::)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lairde Guardn

Ok, I can see my mistake now, and then on Tuesday, when I am explaining to the judge that "I might have been drinkin" someone will remind me that we had a volunteer to be a chaperone.   
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Scotsman

Did someone say free beer for vets?

SWEET!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

lowlandscot

Quote from: Scotsman on May 22, 2009, 06:15:57 AM
Did someone say free beer for vets?

SWEET!

Oh, good grief. Someone tell Brad he'd better lend Dallas and Hemloche the cricket bat to keep behind the bar just in case.

GoldenGoose

Quote from: Lairde Guardn MCrack on May 21, 2009, 01:39:44 PM

And as the Host chapter this weekend I am sure that Master James is talking to the faire management about the free tickets for the chaperones/guides for the Clan M'Crack educational visit to VARF. 

Oh, yes, Master James does get in for free! (snort. giggle.)

hemloche

Quote from: Lairde Guardn MCrack on May 21, 2009, 01:39:44 PM
I heard a rumor that the first beer was free for vets.....ok, I made that up, but it sounded like a good rumor to hear if I was hearing any.   

See you all this weekend, and yes I will take advantage of the free tickets for vets.

TJ I am going to hurt you.   Sure they can have a free beer as long as it comes with a $4 donation per beer to the tavern