News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lost the classified for sale section

Started by Mistress Kathleen, August 11, 2009, 06:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistress Kathleen

For some reason the area in Classifieds that had stuff for sale does not show up when i am looking for it.  Any help or ideas

renfairephotog

I believe that the classified section has some restrictions on it.  You have to have ten posts in the main forum before you can see that section.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Mistress Kathleen

Thanks for the info.  I may not have that many as I am newish lurking not posting.

gusjodi

Strange I have posted may times, not very recently but many times and now it only shows 3 posts and I no longer have access to the classified section... Makes me wanna cry really.... Could it be that some of my older posts were deleted?

renfairephotog

How long ago did you post? The forum was hacked in May 08 and we lost everything.
Fairy photographer

gusjodi

I've posted several things for sale since then so I know I had more than 10 posts but I recently got a few emails saying my topics had been deleted - the items that had sold - and now I have almost no posts...  :(
Ah, well, I guess I'll have to start talking more.

renfairephotog

Magisterm the mod over there, deletes stuff after the items sell. It keeps the board clean. Just post more in your favorite faire section and you'll be fine.
Fairy photographer

gusjodi

Magister

Hey guys.  I promise you.. the section is still there and as active as ever!  I don't know why you "lost" it, but it hasn't gone anywhere.  There are a few restrictions on when you can see the forum, but everyone I've seen posting here should have access. 

You can find the section here: http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?board=80.0

- Mag

PS - As RFP did mention threads older than 60 days without activity are subject to being removed.  However, there are still many many threads in the section that are listed.

Please just let me know if you have any difficulties using the above link.
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

Mistress Kathleen

I tried using the link and it said it had been moved or was off limits to me. Any ideas??

Magister

Mistress Kathleen:

That one will have to be fielded by Deadbishop or John.  I don't know why you wouldn't have access to the area.  There may be a minimum post count issue at work here.  I had thought it was 10 posts.  It may be 15?  Hopefully DB pops on here and can clear this up for you.

- Mag
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

DeadBishop

The minimum is 10 posts before it becomes visible.  You should be able to see it now.

R/F.com member since 2003

Mistress Kathleen