News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Question

Started by The Pirate Kings Wench, May 20, 2009, 04:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Pirate Kings Wench

My mom is taking me and my friend, The Pirate King, to our first Faire so I've heard good things about it. My concern is how much clothing/souviners are. Can someone give me a range of the cost?

Scotsman

It is really going to depend on the quality of the item. I will say this about VARF, shopping here is greatly cheaper than most faires.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

~pixie~

The shopping at VARF is great, with a wide variety of merchandise for sale.  Most is hand crafted by the shopkeeper, so any questions about specific items will be answered right away.  These people, like the entertainers, cast & crew, are not paid aside from their sales or tips, so please do shop and support them and their craft!

There is a faire store, where actual VARF items such as shirts, hats, mugs and stickers may be purchased.  If you buy a mug ($20)or goblet ($18), bring your receipt to the pub and they'll fill it once with beer or cider for free. 

I hope this helps!
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

Pinn

How many times can we bring the reciept to the pub?
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Scotsman

Quote from: PinnMcrack on May 21, 2009, 08:19:26 AM
How many times can we bring the reciept to the pub?

*waits patiently for an answer*
How many folks can use the same receipt?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

~pixie~

LOL.  Riiiiiight. Good one.  I knew some of that was coming, and I'm not surprised to see it first from you two!  ;D

Just once folks, for those who might have seriously been considering that question.  ::)  The barkeep will mark the receipt so you don't come back in disguise.
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF

Pinn

::) It was a valid question.......at least I thought so.  ;D
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

~pixie~

You know...indeed it was, and you saved someone else from having to ask that very thing.  You've done your good deed for the day!
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF

Peddlin

So what if we make copies?
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

~pixie~

LOL.   Now that's so crazy it just might work!
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF

will paisley

Quote from: The Pirate Kings Wench on May 20, 2009, 04:52:24 PM
My mom is taking me and my friend, The Pirate King, to our first Faire so I've heard good things about it. My concern is how much clothing/souviners are. Can someone give me a range of the cost?

Originally I was presuming you were referring to the gift shop, which pixie covered (I believe the t-shirts are $15, and I 'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong).  If you're referring to other shops, those run the gamut.  You can get a combination
leather corset and bra done up to look like a treasure map for $400 or so.  You can commission a complete pirate outfit complete
with Captain Morgan jacket and spend several hundred dollars as well. Or you can spend $5 on a mug strap. It's up to you.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Dallan

I agree that the shopping at VARF is very good and reasonable; more so than many faires. They are all great but our favorite is Glastonbury Designs. A large portion of our garb has been purchased there.

My favorite place to by souvenirs is at the pub. The problem is I need to bye a new one every 20 minutes or so.
Fight'n

Master James

Quote from: Dallan on May 21, 2009, 12:17:52 PM
I agree that the shopping at VARF is very good and reasonable; more so than many faires. They are all great but our favorite is Glastonbury Designs. A large portion of our garb has been purchased there.

My favorite place to by souvenirs is at the pub. The problem is I need to bye a new one every 20 minutes or so.

Man you are slow my friend.  Scotsman needs a new souvenier every 10 minutes or so!   ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Feline Groovy

Quote from: Master James on May 21, 2009, 12:28:42 PM
Quote from: Dallan on May 21, 2009, 12:17:52 PM

Man you are slow my friend.  Scotsman needs a new souvenier every 10 minutes or so!   ;D

Dallan can only get a new one every 20 minutes instead of every 10 because Scotsman keeps hogging up the space at the bar!    ;)
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Dallan

I, my friend, am no Scotsman.
Fight'n

Dallan

You've been quiet lately lass. And as always beautiful and funny. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. 
Fight'n

Scotsman

Yeah, but it has become his job to supervise me ... and we all know the supervisor does half the work of the supervisee!

He drew the short straw due mainly to the fact that he keeps bringing the young ones ... someone needs to muzzle me  ;D

I said it before and I say it now ... I mean no harm and I apologise in advance for things I may say in the wee ones presence ... I can only imagine the questions you get on the drive home "Dad, what did he mean when he said, that wench needs a ....." "Dad, what is a ...."

I is hard to see the little midgets when my mug is in my face ...
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Hey Dallan, Do you remember last year when Scotsman took my camera and put it under his kilt? I told him "if you take a picture, I will post it!" But darn it, he couldn't hit the button right to take the picture.  ::)  :o  ::)  :o  ::)  :o  THAT would have been FUNNY!
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Feline Groovy

Quote from: Dallan on May 21, 2009, 12:51:32 PM
You've been quiet lately lass. And as always beautiful and funny. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. 

Busy days, my friend, busy days!  But I'm aiming for this morning's tailgate (at least, until morning meeting) so hopefully I'll be seeing you in a couple of hours.  :) 
Where was I going and how do I get there?