News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Following Orders

Started by Monsignor de Beaumanoir, May 08, 2008, 09:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Femme Falchion

Quote from: Warrior_Monk on July 31, 2008, 11:56:35 AM
......could be a cult started like the RF pins.  ;)

*FF loudly clears her throat*

All this talk of starting a cult is beginning to sound just a bit heathen for this thread.  I believe all this attention to the glamour of the rings is leading you astray from your vows of poverty.  In fact, it smacks of idolatry! 

Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Femme Falchion on July 31, 2008, 01:27:53 PM
......could be a cult started like the RF pins.  ;)

*FF loudly clears her throat*

All this talk of starting a cult is beginning to sound just a bit heathen for this thread.  I believe all this attention to the glamour of the rings is leading you astray from your vows of poverty.  In fact, it smacks of idolatry! 

Whoa!  :o  An astute, yet somewhat misquided recipient of the word of the Latin Rule of the Temple! Very dangerous indeed!  ;) When the item in question venerates the Temple and the ideology it stands for, then it is a show of reverence! Absolutely allowed within the understandings of the Church (see iconic images crucified to the cross). Those that were abhorant to the visual display of Idolatry, fell within the grasps of both the Eastern Orthodox theology and the heretic infidel. The crusades were launched to help the one come back to the "light" side, and squelch the other's eastern expansion!  ;D

Deus Vult!

Femme Falchion

*FF breathes a sign of relief and drops her shoulders*

whew, gramercy for clearing that up Warrior Monk.  I was next afraid you'd be eating flesh four, five, six times a week and accepting feminine kisses
;) ;)

Domina Virago
Mother Confessor

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

We're here from the Temple M'Lady, we're here to help.  ;) ;D

Lady Christina de Pond

;D some nice rings but i think i got enough rings well except two i keep looking for but they don't look anything like those
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Femme Falchion

it's a pity...I do have some lovely shanks of golden calf to braise after vespers
Domina Virago
Mother Confessor

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Femme Falchion

In all seriousness...why was the limitation on meat consumption in the rule?

"X. Let a repast of flesh three times a week suffice you, excepting at Christmas, or Faster, or the feast of the Blessed Mary, or of All Saints. . . . . On Sunday we think it clearly fitting and expedient that two messes of flesh should be served up to the knights and the chaplains. But let the rest, to wit, the esquires and retainers, remain contented with one, and be thankful therefor.

Did the word "flesh" refer to red meat only or poultry and fish as well?

Alchemy in the kitchens is a part of serving the Goddess...and I have interests in these areas  :)
Domina Virago
Mother Confessor

SleepyArcher

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on July 31, 2008, 11:19:00 AM
If possible,  would like to see the one in which frere Cliff speaks of

I do like Sleepy's ring though......could be a cult started like the RF pins.  ;)

Yea I was that one too and couldnt decide, I went with the nicer one. Although maybe later on I might get that one. Will have to see.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Femme Falchion on July 31, 2008, 03:08:39 PM
In all seriousness...why was the limitation on meat consumption in the rule?

"X. Let a repast of flesh three times a week suffice you, excepting at Christmas, or Faster, or the feast of the Blessed Mary, or of All Saints. . . . . On Sunday we think it clearly fitting and expedient that two messes of flesh should be served up to the knights and the chaplains. But let the rest, to wit, the esquires and retainers, remain contented with one, and be thankful therefor.

Did the word "flesh" refer to red meat only or poultry and fish as well?

Alchemy in the kitchens is a part of serving the Goddess...and I have interests in these areas  :)

Because the secular community over endulged itself in such consuptions, and they wanted to distance themselves from such obviously sinful practices (meat most of the time came from the hunt also, something they were prohibited from taking part in). It should be noted that the Master of the Temple could dictate more days of meat consumption, usually prior to battle.
I do not believe, if I remember correctly that it applied to fish and fowl.  ;D

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Lady Christina de Pond on July 31, 2008, 02:26:45 PM
;D some nice rings but i think i got enough rings well except two i keep looking for but they don't look anything like those

This smacks of Greed and Envy!  ;D

Lady Christina de Pond

Rofl i don't have that many rings and the other two i seek well those would be the wedding type
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Femme Falchion

Be very careful what you wish for Lady de Pond....independence has it's benefits!

The rings that you seek can be tricksy   :) :)
Domina Virago
Mother Confessor

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Femme Falchion on August 01, 2008, 07:59:53 AM
Be very careful what you wish for Lady de Pond....independence has it's benefits!

The rings that you seek can be tricksy   :) :)

:o

Femme Falchion

not my personal experience but I've heard tales...
Domina Virago
Mother Confessor