News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Following Orders

Started by Monsignor de Beaumanoir, May 08, 2008, 09:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

Quote from: Femme Falchion on August 04, 2008, 12:57:41 PM
now that's contemporary.....a Pope who smokes and is on the juice!
  :o :o

rofl i'm in total agreement ff
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Lady Christina de Pond

Lady Ashley of De Coals

Femme Falchion

Quote from: Warrior_Monk on August 04, 2008, 01:00:52 PM
That's simply the "power" of belief and commitment.  :P ;) ;D

to quote our dear Brother Mikael, perhaps it's a "cursory swelling of religious fervor"
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Yeah, yeah......that's it!!!  ;D ;) :P

Femme Falchion

*the bewitching warrior in the back raises her hand again*

"Professor Templar, while studying the Meet the Masters material, I couldn't help but notice that Philip of Milly resigned for unknown reasons.  What is your hypothesis?"

Domina Virago
Mother Confessor

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

With what was laying at his feet at the time of his "departure", one would think a lack of total commitment to the ideals set forth by the Temple. There could also be something of a "Political advancement" move, since he was heading out in an ambassadorial role before he died. This leads me back to the first assumption, since Templar Masters had acted in key roles like that before and after this event. Add to that recognition, the power that was invested in a Master......why leave? Maybe he was wise enough to admit it was beyond his meager abilities to run it smoothly, or he didn't want the "head ache" as managers sometime phrase responsibility. :P

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

And Ladies and gentlemen, the Master's main office:

Sir William Marcus

If I may add. Here is another illustration that I pulled from my vault

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Sir William Marcus

Whoa! Thats interesting.  I wondered how long it would be before someone stepped forward to claim a piece of that lost pie.  I do hope their motive is only to restore the "good name".

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Lady Christina de Pond

Lady Ashley of De Coals

Femme Falchion

So I'm wondering, who has the limited edition life-size replica of the Chinon parchment with the soft leather case and scholarly commentary?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1567337/Da-Vinci-Code-fans-can-pay-4000-to-show-innocence-of-the-Knights-Templar.html
Domina Virago
Mother Confessor

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Sir William Marcus

Quote from: Femme Falchion on August 05, 2008, 12:31:09 PM
So I'm wondering, who has the limited edition life-size replica of the Chinon parchment with the soft leather case and scholarly commentary?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1567337/Da-Vinci-Code-fans-can-pay-4000-to-show-innocence-of-the-Knights-Templar.html

Not me! Actually I believe most went to libraries and institutions. I'm personally waiting for the counterfeit/paperback/pirated version to emerge on ebay someday  ;)