News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Following Orders

Started by Monsignor de Beaumanoir, May 08, 2008, 09:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

Yeaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaa welcome home
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Sir William Marcus

Quote from: femme falchion on July 01, 2008, 02:26:52 PM
Could we possibly set aside the austere Latin Rules to welcome Frere Cliff home?

This request has been presented and was granted M'Lady ~ HUZZAH!

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I thank you all for your thoughts. It is true, I am back from the Crusade. I am at work currently, filling out the appropriate paperwork that goes with such a return. It will take me a bit to get back in the swing of things on these forums. MYSPACE isn't allowed here at the office, and I had become dependent on it while over there.

I hope you are all well, and have a great week. Frere William....many thanks for that photo! It had me rolling for some time. Sister of Battle FF, thanks for your posts as well, and thanks for your unseen efforts during this past trial.

Lady de Pond..................I have returned...................heeeheeee............ :P

Brother Gregory

Welcome Home Warrior Monk.

Femme Falchion

It is of no surprise that Brother Cliff is already back at work managing the financial infrastructure of the Order.

Brother William...I always suspected a much greater behind the scenes influence!  Goddess bless you.

What an unprecedented abatement of stringency. 

* with a preternatural swiftness and clanking of metal, FF leaves to secure casks of mead, barrel's of ale and good musicians *
;D

Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Lady Christina de Pond

welcome home my friend glad you made it back safely
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Sir William Marcus

God has smiled upon us now that you have returned safely home my brother. Good rest as it will be needed, and we shall be here and waiting upon your awakening.

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Here's wishing all the members of this thread a safe and happy weekend.

I realize that for most, it's Independence Day, but take time to remember the Warriors of 1187:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hattin

Sir William Marcus

"Lord God, our war is over! We are nothing but dead men-and the Kingdom has come to an end."

Saladin's Mercy

After the battle of  Hattin the christian leaders were then rounded up and taken to Saladin's camp. The Moslem leader had erected a tent for this special purpose. The common soldiers were sold into slavery. It is said that one Saracen had so many slaves he was willing to trade one for a pair of shoes. As for the Templars, Saladin spared none except for their Grand Master, Gerard de Ridefort. Each Templar and Hospitaller was forced to his knees while Moslem soldiers beheaded them. None complained and each met his death with utter silence and humility, for such was the way of the order. Many other soldiers wishing death rather than a life of slavery in the service of infidels rushed forth claiming to be Templars.

In Saladin's tent he spared the Barons by setting a high ransom on all of them. King Guy of Jerusalem parched of thirst and riddled with fear lied on the ground of the tent when Saladin offered him a bowl of water. Guy began drinking the water quenching his dryness. Guy offered the water to Reynald who eyed the water, also being of thirst. Saladin immediately arose knocking the bowl and its contents from the Prince of Antioch's hands. Moslem hospitality dictated that, if a man ate or drank with you his life was safe in your hands. This seemed to be King Guys salvation and Reynald's death sentence.

Reynald upset at Saladin's behavior defamed the Islamic prophet Mahomet, at which point Saladin drew his sword and in one blow sliced off Reynald's arm. Almost before the limb could touch the tent floor, a soldier entered and decapitated Reynald. At this point Saladin turned to King Guy of Jerusalem and said, "Have no fear. it is not the custom of kings to kill kings." King Guy was released the following year from a prison in Nablus a broken man, but perhaps not as broken as the crusaders and Templars who lost the Battle of Hattin.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on July 04, 2008, 10:49:46 AM
"Lord God, our war is over! We are nothing but dead men-and the Kingdom has come to an end."

Saladin's Mercy

Each Templar and Hospitaller was forced to his knees while Moslem soldiers beheaded them. None complained and each met his death with utter silence and humility, for such was the way of the order. Many other soldiers wishing death rather than a life of slavery in the service of infidels rushed forth claiming to be Templars.

Great job Frere William! This brings to the point exactly what I wanted folks to be aware of...it hasn't changed...

Sir William Marcus

....and probably never will

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Brother Gregory on July 02, 2008, 10:05:11 AM
Welcome Home Warrior Monk.

My thanks Brother Gregory. Might I ask if you are our Brother of the Hospital from a previous forum venue?

Brother Gregory

Warrior Monk I don't think I am the one. I used to go by my name on the old Renaissance Festival Board. Now that I've been asked to become part of a local Renaissance group in my home town and play the character of a monk or friar and everyone thought I should go by the name of Brother Gregory since my name is Gregory Kenkel, I changed my user id here to match my character name.

Sir William Marcus

And the flag was still there...

Finally installed the new yard staff on the fortress grounds, and in time for this past weekends festivities

Femme Falchion

Gramercy Good Knights for sharing your Horns of Hattin. 

The weekend past I spent time meditating on my own independences (as well as celebrating them of course) and recognize the sacrifices bygone and present that allow me to dwell in my own fortress grove.
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires