News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pose for the Camera

Started by The Pirate Kings Wench, May 21, 2009, 02:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Pirate Kings Wench

One pose that my friend Garrett and I wanted to do was him with his hands tied behind his back and me in front of him with one of my legs lifted up near his waist looking all seductive like and about to kiss him...a very provocative pirate picture indeed.  ;)

Does that sound interesting? Please anyone else have other pose Ideas?

troubadude

That sounds very seductive, but what is a camera?  and wouldn't you get awfully tired while the artist painted? 

Tom
if music be the food of love, play on!

++King of the Pirates++

Quote from: troubadude on May 26, 2009, 11:28:43 AM
That sounds very seductive, but what is a camera?  and wouldn't you get awfully tired while the artist painted? 

Tom

True...We did not figure into our calculations that there are no cameras in the 1500's... ^ ^'
"When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears its people-there is liberty"

will paisley

Quote from: ++King of the Pirates++ on May 26, 2009, 11:36:00 AM

Tom

True...We did not figure into our calculations that there are no cameras in the 1500's... ^ ^'

"Camera" is Latin for "room".  "Camera Obscura" is Latin for "dark room".  It has been well known that, if you build or pitch a completely enclosed room with a tiny hole in the middle of one wall, you will see a very dim inverted image of the scenery in front of that hole.  Recent natural philosophers have discovered that placing a shaped lens of glass within the hole intensifies the image.  Still, copying the image onto the back wall is a time consuming process, and I fear for your wench suffering severe muscle fatigue trying to hold that pose.

There are those who claim to have a camera which fits into the palm of their hand, presumably filled with tiny Flemish painters who can complete the portrait in an instant, but I attribute this to spirits (either supernatural ones, or the very natural ones they serve at the pub).  ;D
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

++King of the Pirates++

Quote from: will paisley on May 26, 2009, 11:43:43 AM

Tom

"Camera" is Latin for "room".  "Camera Obscura" is Latin for "dark room".  It has been well known that, if you build or pitch a completely enclosed room with a tiny hole in the middle of one wall, you will see a very dim inverted image of the scenery in front of that hole.  Recent natural philosophers have discovered that placing a shaped lens of glass within the hole intensifies the image.  Still, copying the image onto the back wall is a time consuming process, and I fear for your wench suffering severe muscle fatigue trying to hold that pose.

There are those who claim to have a camera which fits into the palm of their hand, presumably filled with tiny Flemish painters who can complete the portrait in an instant, but I attribute this to spirits (either supernatural ones, or the very natural ones they serve at the pub).  ;D

Wow...tiny painters huh...hmm...I shall hunt down one of these cameras...hahaha...

Hey Will, are you going to be at VARF this coming weekend? If so, I look forward to seeing you there. :)
"When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears its people-there is liberty"

will paisley

Quote from: ++King of the Pirates++ on May 26, 2009, 11:53:09 AM
Quote from: will paisley on May 26, 2009, 11:43:43 AM

Tom

Wow...tiny painters huh...hmm...I shall hunt down one of these cameras...hahaha...

Hey Will, are you going to be at VARF this coming weekend? If so, I look forward to seeing you there. :)

I'm there every weekend.  I'm at the front gate at opening, playing for the revelers' dance near the front gate right after opening, playing on the Phoenix Stage till 10:30, then playing for the Maypole dance at 11.  I may or may not have a set on the Pub Stage at noon, depending on how many different pirate acts there are (I suspect there will be at least three).  From there, I'll either be in the food lines entertaining waiting patrons, or at the gate saying goodbye to folks.  The last place I'm guaranteed to be is at Pub Sing, but I'll probably be a bit busy. 

The hat (in my profile pic) will be the same, but my plumage is a bit more subdued for VARF.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally