News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fantasy Faire at Wheaton Arts, Millville, NJ

Started by BubbleWright, May 23, 2009, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

A delightful little Faire held at the former Wheaton Glassworks in Millville, NJ on June 6th and 7th. Hopefully they won't have a 100 degree weekend like last year!!!!
http://www.wheatonarts.org/calendar/2009events/fantasyfaire09/fantasyfaireoverview
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

DarkLord

Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

BubbleWright

The weather was a lot nicer than last year's 100 degree scorcher!!! Despite the previous week's heavy rain, the grounds were dry (sandy South Jersey!). The circular paved drive at the entrance was a different story... I should have brought my 41" RC pirate ship. This event had a lot of nice vendors, including a Photo Shop booth that placed both me and the Renaissance Bubble Machine in front of the castle of my choice. A number of the Wheaton Glass stores were also open, making shopping an extra delight. The cast was good and very enthusiastic... ah youth! Plus... this is the closest event I go to. ;D
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

DarkLord

Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

BubbleWright

'tis about the same size in area and vendors.There are more food sales. However, it is a dry Faire, no beer, Ukrainian, or otherwise  :(
   Antoine de St. Exupery

BubbleWright

This year's Faire (2010) is being held June 5th and 6th. For more info, see Link below...
http://www.wheatonarts.org/calendar/2010events/ff2010/index_html
   Antoine de St. Exupery

BubbleWright

Antoine de St. Exupery

temper

Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

temper

See folks at this next week, we'll be doing Historical Sword Shows all day alternating German 1300-1600 with Italian + some more of Europe 1400-1700 and our last show will include (From the Princess Bride) what WMA folks have speculated is "Bonetti's Defense"  :D
http://www.phoenixswords.com/swordfighting.html

BubbleWright

Antoine de St. Exupery

temper

BubbleWright

Antoine de St. Exupery

BubbleWright

Antoine de St. Exupery

temper

Stuben

Good morning! I think after breakfast I will scoot on down and check out the faire.

Lady Neysa

Did anyone who went today see a marriage proposal take place?  My daughter got engaged!  Her  boyfriend is friends with the wife of the actor who plays the king, who was in on it and helped him out.   It sounds like it was really cute. Did anyone get pics or video footage they'd be willing to share? 

BubbleWright

Stuban- Indeed you did scoot to the Faire on your motor scooter. T'was nice to speak with you.

Lady Neysa- Alsa and alack, I was only there on Saturday. Sounds like a RenFaire wedding is in the future, no doubt at the Maryland Renaissance Festival.
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Lady Neysa

BubbleWright,  a faire wedding would indeed be perfect!  Nothing will probably happen for a while, but we shall see!   :)

Stuben

Quote from: BubbleWright on June 23, 2013, 09:15:05 PM
Stuban- Indeed you did scoot to the Faire on your motor scooter. T'was nice to speak with you.

Lady Neysa- Alsa and alack, I was only there on Saturday. Sounds like a RenFaire wedding is in the future, no doubt at the Maryland Renaissance Festival.

Nice meeting ya BubbleWright.

I was only there for a bit Saturday also.

temper

Bolton_Bailiffe

BubbleWright

Late Notice: 2018 Faire is happening this weekend, June 23rd and 24th. Fun Faire with enthusiastic cast, nice grounds, and great shopping.

"In partnership with Mystic Realms, Ltd. ®, Fantasy Faire at WheatonArts is an annual, outdoor event featuring talented performers as they bring to life the "Kingdom of Wheaton" by enacting a series of interconnected shows that tell the story of the day. Strolling costumed characters, portraying historical and mythical figures, interact with each other and WheatonArts visitors throughout the campus during both days of Fantasy Faire.  Visitors are welcome to come dressed in their favorite fantasy garb to enjoy retail vendors, family friendly activities, and performances throughout the day. Refreshments will be available for purchase from local food vendors. The event is included in the price of admission to WheatonArts.
   Antoine de St. Exupery