News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Welcome to our new forum!!!!

Started by Sir Francis Drake, May 24, 2009, 07:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Francis Drake

Welcome one and all to the Fishers forum! Well now, between this and the upcoming 10 page photo spread in the July issue of Renaissance Magazine, our little faire is now in the big leagues! Come and see all we have to offer as we celebrate our 5th year! The faire is located in Fishers Indiana on the historic grounds of Conner Prairie; Sat Oct 3rd and Sun Oct 4th; 10am - 6pm; rain or shine. Check out the new and updated website at www.fishersrenfaire.com

Hope to see ye there!

Fair winds and following seas!

Master of the Golden Hinde
Captain-General of The Brotherhood of the Waves
In Service to HRM Queen Elizabeth I

Romeo 'the' Red

Exciting.......
If you haven't come to visit out, you don't know what you are missing!

Our 5th year preparation is in full swing.  Check out the website at www.fishersrenfaire.com.

We are still accepting applications for artisans (vendors) and food vendors.

;D

Sir Walter
Sir Walter Raleigh
Chairman of the Fishers Renaissance Faire
Founding member of The Hey Nonny Nonny Players  (aka Pirate

Foxfire the Foxfaerie

This is really great, we've hit the bigtime now, baby!  I'm just so proud to say that I've been here from the start as a volunteer castmember and that even as fast and as large as we've grown, there's still a sense of the small faire in the core people.  I think it's important to remember we do this (hopefully) as much if not more for the patrons as for ourselves, and that their needs and interests should come first if we want to continue to grow and put on a wonderful show!  Thanks also to all the administration and legwork folks who don't see the spotlight- they're our backbone.
Glitter makes everything better!

Sir Francis Drake

All right, who left the door open and let in Fox??? Oh well too late now I suppose  ;D

Sir William Marcus

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Ladyfair

oohh..... all warm and tingling with excitement....giggle.... 8)
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Lady Catherine

There are a few of us TN nuts who want to come play! Looking forward to it!

Taylorin McDressin
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: Lady Catherine on June 01, 2009, 11:55:40 AM
There are a few of us TN nuts who want to come play! Looking forward to it!

Taylorin McDressin

I shall alert the Lord Sheriff about the invasion! Especially for Scottish tailors!  ;D

Grace "Rum" O'Malley

I'm glad we are now on the big midwest forum site!  yah!  I play Grace O'Malley for the cast and co-founder of the Hey Nonny, Nonny Pirate Show, which will be returning with our show, The Battle of the Sexes.  I've  been with the faire since the beginning and helped run things behind the scenes as the cast director.  We are looking forward to an incredible year! 
     We have a new Russian ambassador from Ivan the Terrible coming to meet Queen Elizabeth and look for a potential English bride for the Russian Czar.  The village will be hosting the comical Peasant Olympics in honor of the festival day, and it's rumored the village will be invaded by Sir Walter Raleigh and Sir Francis Drake's crews.  Be sure to sign up for recruitment and join in the daily Pirate Parade.  The Knights of Valour are returning as our jousters! Huzzah!  Fairies and Fantastical creatures from English and Roman mythology lurk and prance about unseen by Billericay's denizens.  I've even caught glimpses of a green man, nyads and a young satyr.   There is also talk by the locals of hosting a Danse Macabre (bones band) as we are drawing near to All Hallow's eve in October.  There will be a grand ground performance of the well known Shakespeare play, The Merry Wives of Windsor.  And be sure to stop in at Sheriff Lord Capel's jail to have your naughty friends arrested and beheaded by the executioner.  Or have them sing "I'm a little Teapot" to let them out of jail on good behavior.    Lots of new stuff to see and do!  If you are a playtron or cast from another faire, we would love to invite you to come play with us!  Send me a post if you want to join us formally in character for the day. 

Romeo 'the' Red

We now have advanced ticketing available through the website.  Because we are not for profit and we all ready charge a low price, we cannot offer ticket printing (or pay-pal).  What we do is either a mail in form   OR a website submission.  We send you an email confirmation and then the tickets will be waiting at the will-call window.

The normal price is $ 8 for adults and $5 for kids 4-12.  (younger are free).
The advanced tickets are $ 2.00 off the price of all tickets which makes it really cheap.

We should have the artisans list and the entertainment list up shortly.

Sir Walter
Sir Walter Raleigh

Grace "Rum" O'Malley

Quote from: Sir Walter Raleigh on June 15, 2009, 06:49:49 AM
We now have advanced ticketing available through the website.  Because we are not for profit and we all ready charge a low price, we cannot offer ticket printing (or pay-pal).  What we do is either a mail in form   OR a website submission.  We send you an email confirmation and then the tickets will be waiting at the will-call window.

The normal price is $ 8 for adults and $5 for kids 4-12.  (younger are free).
The advanced tickets are $ 2.00 off the price of all tickets which makes it really cheap.

We should have the artisans list and the entertainment list up shortly.

Sir Walter

Gosh Sir Walter!  That's cheaper than a movie ticket for a full day of fun!  Not too mention cheaper than a lot of other hard site faires!  You can't beat that in today's economy!  Shameless plug! :)

Lady von Groper

Huzzah!  I look forward to seeing our mugs in Renaissance Magazine, and just wanted to let ya'll know that there's another FRFer on the Forums!
Lady Von Groper
IWG #3725
Gnom'n M'Crack - Pet to Flog'n
1st Mate & Cheek Inspector of pirate ship The Roaming Gnome

Romeo 'the' Red

;D
The faire is only 2 months away!  Check out the updated website with many of the performers (they are not all up there yet....but will be soon) and artisans listed (we currently have 60).  We have added an additional 2 stages to accomodate all the extra entertainment for our 5th year anniversary. 

If you haven't checked us out before, it is well worth a trip.  The entrance fee is cheap ($8 at the gate or $6 before Sept 15), there are cheap hotels everywhere and even a few places to camp. 
If anyone has any questions about the faire, post them here!

Looking forward to meeting new fans of the faire

Adam
aka Sir Walter Raleigh
aka Chairman of the Faire
Sir Walter Raleigh

Ladyfair

For those who have never been to this show ...... its one of the best one weekend shows around. 

There is much fun to be had and the group of volunteers that make this show happen need to know that there efforts to produce a great fun and educational show have succeeded!!!! 

This show makes some of the big shows look bad.....giggle.... I think its because everyone involved really truely cares about what they are doing, and that warm fuzzy feely of friendship is everywhere.
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Lord Magnus

Greetings everyone, I made to Fisher's for the first time last year and had a great time. Even though I forgot my camera. Im looking to make it again this October ( this time with my camera), and  have another excellent time. :)
"What God abandoned, these defended,
  And saved the sum of things for pay".