News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

When do kids stop being rennies?

Started by Dallan, May 26, 2009, 12:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taffy Saltwater

The old-timey Nuevo Mejicanos (Spanish New Mexicans) had a saint they would put in a trunk when the kids reached this stage.  The santo didn't come out until he'd worked things out with God & the kid was respectful again.
Sveethot!

Welsh Wench

I say put the kid in the trunk....

I have two boys.  ;)
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: Welsh Wench on July 22, 2009, 11:25:15 AM
Sometimes they have other priorities.

That's another thing to consider for faires during the school year. Back in high school, I remember being torn between doing faire on the weekend, or going to some extracurricular opportunity that would give me a better chance of looking good when it came to scholarships and college apps, doing extra credit, or making sure the my research papers were extra-polished. For the less strictly academically invested, you have high/middle school's version of "keeping up with the Joneses": seeing the latest movie, going to the mall, furthering oneself in the social cliques. For many teens, they haven't individuated from the high/middle school mainstream, so this is seen more as survival than an option.

Dallan

He is moving down that path at a breakneck pace but at least for the near future we seem to be safe. He's looking forward to Rendevous. Any of you who are attending I and my family love meeting new friends.

Again thanks for the posts.

Blakduke, if you are attending Rendevous this Labor Day weekend please bring the barrell with you.
Fight'n