News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Order of The Orange

Started by Princess_BG, May 26, 2009, 09:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess_BG

The Order of the Orange is invading the TN Faire. Anybody who knows Paolo Garbanzo knows that he always eats the onion at his show. We would like to see him juggle and eat the orange. Luckily a member of our group actually managed to get him to eat the orange on closing weekend. It was awesome!!! I even got to oranged the Queen at the end of the faire. If you would like to be a member of the Order of the Orange than send a private message and send us a stamped addressed envelope and we will send you an orange!!!!  ;D

Syrilla

That was so fun!  I wish I could have seen that show!

McGuinness

I may be missing something, but what is the Order of the Orange?

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: Princess_BG on May 26, 2009, 09:38:13 PM
The Order of the Orange is invading the TN Faire. Anybody who knows Paolo Garbanzo knows that he always eats the onion at his show. We would like to see him juggle and eat the orange. Luckily a member of our group actually managed to get him to eat the orange on closing weekend. It was awesome!!! I even got to oranged the Queen at the end of the faire. If you would like to be a member of the Order of the Orange than send a private message and send us a stamped addressed envelope and we will send you an orange!!!!  ;D

Although I was busy and missed Paolo's orange-"ing"; I was there for the Queen's. Quite hilarious:)

Sir Francis Drake
Master of the Golden Hinde
Captain-General of The Brotherhood of the Waves
In Service to HRM Queen Elizabeth I

BamaWoodsman

Officially the Order is a new group created through a common desire to see Paulo eat the orange rather than the onion he normally ends up eating during his show.  The opening faire for the Order was memorial day weekend at TnRF and was quite the success thanks mostly to a rather clever young lady who exchanged the orange for the onion as Paulo climbed up on the "worlds largest 2ft diameter ball......of death"  The first gathering was made up mostly of a group of friends with roots in the Tuscaloosa, AL area but a number of new members were added until we ran out of pins.

To begin several incredible ladies in the group sat out on a mission to the ultimate craft world... Hobby Lobby... and aquired the supplies to create the emblem of the order.  The then friends joined together at Paulo's show on Saturday and tried with all their might to convince the crowd to choose the orange when Paulo called for a vote. It was thought that all was lost when the crowd voted for the onion, that was until one paricularly clever young lady from the Order was chosen to assist Paulo during the finale.  As Paulo talked about his new DVD that is out, she quickly grabbed the orange, an event which led to only the second time Paulo has ever eaten the Orange.   The video of this event will be posted shortly but for now here are pictures of the order inducting Queen Elizabeth at the close of TnRF.

Without me...

With me.....sorry Summer.

Mad Jenny

Huzzah! The moving pictures be ready! Just a little warning, The Order of The Orange is quite loud, so you may want to turn the volume down a bit if you value your hearing ;D I'd also like to apologize on taking so long to post this as my desktop computer is malfunctioning and my external hard drive hates the Vista OS on my roommate's laptop :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_yXyYQUkGI

High Definition version coming soon!...ish!

P.S. For all you Paolo fans out there, more videos from years past are coming soon as well!
Avast! I'll make ye part of me balanced breakfast!

Mad Jenny

Well, now that the High Def version is uploaded on YouTube (finally) I can post some of my videos from years past stored on Facebook while I wait 10 years for YouTube to finish processing...the things I do for quality.

Congratulatory Cake
http://www.facebook.com/v/655641537215
He can juggle his cake and eat it too! Thanks to the guys from West Kentucky for bringing this awesome cake to Paolo in celebration of him winning the International Jester Competition.

I wonder if he can do it...
http://www.facebook.com/v/655650399455
'Cause it's like...It's a really hard trick.

Robin of Locksley

Thank you for posting those video links Mad Jenny!!! :D

fluffy tail

Thanks for the link Mad Jenny.  Mayhem wins out.
IWG #3371
Royal Wine Taster
Tinker #2
FOKTOP
landshark #38

Gauwyn of Bracknell

that was quite good!!

Is there an order of the Apple anywhere?  :D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Athena

HAHA those links are great! It was a pleasure meeting all of you!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

BLAKDUKE

Personally I would go for the Order of the Watermelon.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Mad Jenny

Quote from: renfairephotog on May 30, 2009, 12:53:32 AM
I prefer Order of the stick.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html

Another good order. Where do you think we got our inspiration? ;D