News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Octo gathering

Started by LadyHawkeontheHill, May 27, 2009, 10:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Samuel

I can assure all that it will be my 45th birthday on the 6th of November, Yet as true as I am to my Castle I shall attend. You may add myself and my peasant Samantha
Knight Templar
Knight of Malta
Knight of the Order of St. John
Castleteer
In God I (WE) Trust
Prince of the True Name
Defender of all Widows, Orphans and Damsels in Distress

Old Tinker

Quote from: ladylissame on September 06, 2009, 06:41:18 PM
Lady Whitney is working to convince my rogue and I to attend a gathering. So if it is all well with you, we will try to attend. We might even bring our captain along.
I do ask what we can expect at this as I have not been able to attend one prior to this.

we hope that Lady Whitney can persuade thee and thy rogue to attend.
as far as the "Castleteer Gather'ns" go, well many good folk gather at "Loveland Castle". enjoy each others company, play some games, but mostly it is the company that me Belle and me go for. now it is BYOD(drink). most everyone where there Garb. most bring some food stuffs to munch on (sometimes we have "The Ultimate Cauldron of Pot Luck" which everyone throws something in and our good Peter always makes it just right with his season'ins. but this come'n "Gather'n" in Nov., we will for-go the POT LUCK, and everyone is to bring just some good foods to eat). "The Knights of the Golden Trail" have been so kind in the past for lett'n us enjoy there "Castle", and we hopes that there not be a reason in the future that they would need to stop.
all in all, it is like a mini ren fest, without shows, vendors and alot of walk'n, but now the best part of a ren fest is still present, "THE RENNIES".  ;D

to become a "Castleteer", our Captain humphrey has set down the guidelines, which are-
#1 - you must spend one overnight at "Loveland Castle",
#2 - you must make a new friend,
#3 - you must laugh some time dur'n the even'n.
that is all there is to it. there be an unspoken golden rule, that was only verbaliz'd once, after the first "Gather'n" several years ago. and it is-  "What Happens at the Castle, stays at the Castle!"

it may be a couple of months off, but it is never to early to plan to attend a "Castleteer Gather'n".
and of course there will be many toast to our Sir Samual, for his natal day.  ;)
we's hope for many new friends to attend,
your servants,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

CapnFayeCutler

I can almost hear the fire crackling, the laughter in the air, and can almost feel the crisp November air. Ohhhh I cannot wait!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

ladylissame

If you want my rogue's name, list him as Gregory Thomas :)

Also, our Captain Vechs is going to try to attend as well.

Old Tinker

ladyissame, me's will update the list'n with thy name thee have offer'd.
our CapnFaye, good Ren Daught, now with thy description of the even'n at the "Castle", makes me Belle and me even more want'n for the day to arrive sooner. just can not wait for it to be here.
hope to see thee at the R/F Invasion at OHRF.
sun shine'n, crisp air, tis a good day to be alive,
be well all,
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Old Tinker on September 14, 2009, 08:19:03 AM
our CapnFaye, good Ren Daught, now with thy description of the even'n at the "Castle", makes me Belle and me even more want'n for the day to arrive sooner. just can not wait for it to be here.
be well all,

Of course dear Papa, I'm glad you're also going on the 19th as well. I feel it's been ages since I saw you and Mama last!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Old Tinker

Quote from: CapnFayeCutler on September 14, 2009, 09:34:01 PM
Quote from: Old Tinker on September 14, 2009, 08:19:03 AM
be well all,

Of course dear Papa, I'm glad you're also going on the 19th as well. I feel it's been ages since I saw you and Mama last!

our Ren Daught, CapnFaye, YES, tis been a longer time than me Belle and me ever want it to be. so glad that thee will be at the Renvasion in OHRF. we's also get to see thy other half of the sis's, Capt. Lucy and our new ren-grandyoung'un. twill be a day of fun and enjoyment.  ;D  but of course noth'n compares as our "Loveland Castle" and our "Castleteer Gather'ns".
with HUGs and Love,
your Papa Tinker and Mama Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

kellylynnkk

Hello friends---just wanted you to know that my friends and I will be there!! Approx 4-5. Cant wait...last year was fabulous!
See you in November,
Kellylynn

jinx

NEW JOB BOOGIE!

The first five weeks, starting October 5th, of training for my new job happen to be Monday through Friday, 9 to 6!  This will get me through to Castleteer weekend, AND it means I can be up Friday night!  EVERYONE DANCE!  =D

I'm not a hundred percent sure yet, but there may be a +1 to be added, as a friend might come with me.  I'll find out soon enough.  ^.^
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Old Tinker

Quote from: kellylynnkk on September 15, 2009, 02:02:41 PM
Hello friends---just wanted you to know that my friends and I will be there!! Approx 4-5. Cant wait...last year was fabulous!
See you in November,
Kellylynn

dear kellylynnkk, when thee finds out whom will be come'n along with thee, please get there names post'd , so's me's can add them to the list'ns. as the "Captain" says, Thee must RSVP, and have thy name upon the list.
jinx'ee, that also goes for thee, so make sure you post thy friends name when you are sure they can make it.
as for now, me's will add kellylynnkk by her lonesome, until her friends are post'd also. jinx, me's have thee down on the list'n already.

in about two weeks, me's will start post'n the offer'ns of food stuffs for our "Gather'n".
best of health to all,
OT & B...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Capt Lucy

I doubt I can get a sitter for both M'Crack weekend AND castleteer weekend so I think I'll be passing this one up since the new rules say it's adults only...  I may be sitting out quite a few now.  :(
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

My attendance for the weekend is in limbo . . . I have the weekend off but some -personal- issues may push me further South (directionally, not emotionally, lol).

I should have a definite answer within a week or two.
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

StareNorthSteve

A quick thanks to Tink and LadyHawk for the "heads up" on the Gathering. We're checking into things here to see if we can swing it.

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Old Tinker

SNS, at thy service, always good man.
Lady E., we's be a watch'n.  ;)

good day to all,
OT & B...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Imestra