News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Coming to Visit

Started by Genievea Brookstone, May 27, 2009, 12:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genievea Brookstone

Hi Everyone,

My boyfriend and I are coming to visit the fair the weekend of the 6th for the Pirate days.  I looked at the home page and saw the list of hotels and places to stay.  He like's to wing it (and he is capitan of the ship!) so we wont be making any reservations  but I would like to know what places to AVOID hehehe. 

Thanks!

Gens~
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Jezzy MacPeaks

My reply won't help you much, probably, but I couldn't resist.  I'll be working there this year.  My sister lives by close enough that I can drive to stay with her.  Driving down there last year and the year before there were mostly country roads, but there were a few small towns.  I didn't notice motels along the way, but then, I wasn't looking for one.

I will give you this bit of info...should you NOT find accommodations closer to Eminence, if you just drive the few minutes..maybe half an hour north into Madison, Indiana, they have some very nice motels and hotels, and everything else you would need, including Walmart.  It's a very nice town, even just to visit.  Their old town is worthy of a stroll, all on its own!  If you decide you want to go to Madison, you can just click on my email link.  I'll be glad to help you in whatever way I can.
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack
Have Blunderbuss, Will Plunder

CapnFayeCutler

I know a lot of people stay in Shelbyville. It's not too far and there are also essentials like the Mart of Wallace. I know there's a state park nearby too, if that's your cup of tea. :) Hope that helps.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Carl

best western is cheap has a nice pool and breakfast and we stayed there last year and it was clean.
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Genievea Brookstone

Clean is good hehe will have to gently guide the Captian that way.
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods