News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

GLMF?

Started by katie_86, May 29, 2009, 08:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katie_86

Hello again all
I already posted on the GLMF thread Luke and I are going to opening weekend (along with several of u i see!) This is our fist visit to the great lakes fair and we're hoping to go to tail gate but I'm not sure of the protocol and i don't wanna be a party crasher?(or crashers as is the case  :))
Also does anyone know if theres a nice campground or inexpensive hotel near by?

Scotsman

We stay at the Hampton Inn about 10 miles away.

As for the tailgate ... crash away ... I plan too! ;D

Not only am I going to crash the tailgate I am going to smash, trample, pummel, obliterate and consume it! Ohhh yeah, this tailgate is going to be one for the books! Hell, that where the show is anyway!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

April

mmmmmmmmmmm..... visions of mimosas dancing in my head....
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

katie_86

;D Yes this sounds awesome Im super pumped!

Captain Fortune

Can I be invited to? Or will I have to crash this thing also?
A Pirate's Life for Me.

katie_86

It seems to me as though a pirate should crash every party?! hahaha   ;)

Scarlett

You and Luke will be most welcome additions!  Just show up in a festive mood and look for the crowd.  If you wish, bring some food or drink. And watch out for Scotsman lying on the ground prior to opening canon.  Just step over him.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Countess Westmorland

Oh, I wish I could be there, enjoying the fantastic comopany of much loved friends and drinking those wonderful minosas!  I am remembering last year when we had to finish that bottle of champagne because opening cannon had gone off.  Then the beginning of the faire is sort of a blank. I had way too much fun that day.

But I have to pass on it this year.  Terry is going up on Friday and coming back Monday because that is the weekend he is playing.  Boarding both dogs would be a bit much and take quite a bit of his profits for the weekend.  We will be up for a day later in the run.  We will be sure to let you know which one.  

Keep an eye on him and don't let him get into any mischief.  However, he knows that he should be on his best behavior because I always find out.  I have friends!  

Just kidding, Babe!
Jan
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

steven_dapcevich

Faeries on opening weekend?! How could I... er... WE pass that up????!!!!

I'll be bringing my own faerie.
Steven Dapcevich
Owner
The Pirate Empire

chriscat53

And what a beautiful couple you will be! Will the littlest pirate be there?

Charity Morgan

OMG!  Scotsman thinks he is crashing the tailgate!  Doesn't he know he IS the tailgate!?!?  We will miss Jan this year but Terry will be having fun with us!  Are we all gettin' together Friday evening?!  I haven't been on here for awhile so sorry if this is already known by many... but do we have a list of attendees yet?!?!  As for me and my crew... I'll be sailin' in with Captain Fortune and Lady Katrina.  I am anxious to be celebratin' with you all.  Porter & Stout released their new CD with a wonderful dedication in memory of my darlin' King Charming so it will be especially great to see them too! 

Remember all... meet at tailgate!  Gotta eat sumthing we before we drink so much!  Mimosa's all around!
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Terry Griffith

FYI.  From the GLMF Newsletter:
In honor of Father's Day we've rolled back ticket prices for one last sale! Order two regular gate price tickets before midnight on Sunday, June 21st and get a free ticket that you can give to Dad! That's three tickets for $39.90 (and didn't Dad always tell you to save a buck when you can?). Give your father the gift of turkey legs, beer, and bodices at the Great Lakes Medieval Faire!

http://medievalfaire.com
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Drusilia

I've never had the chance to attend GLMF, but I'm really trying to attend opening weekend this year since I've heard so many wonderful things about it. :)
I am living in this world but living life as if it were a dream, yet what happens when in living a dream, it bleeds?

The Ferret

Mr. Ferret will be in attendance opening weekend!  I will even be awake in the AM.  The things I do for you people  ::)

Angus_Cutter

Hey guys,

Mip and I are going to be there opening weekend.  Hope to see everyone there.

Terry Griffith

Jesse, and anyone else traveling to GLMF, shoud go to the GLMF thread and add your name to the list.  There is also a gathering being planned for Friday evening at a nearby watering hole.  If anyone is going up the day before, you should add your name there so they have enough seats reserved.  There is a huge list builidng and it proves to be one of those memorable occasions.

Also, look for the huge tailgate in the parking lot before opening gate.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

chriscat53

I am really disappointed that I didnt get to the first weekend. On Tuesday I started to get an eye infection that I have been getting every few years since age 10. The following day one of my really good Benedictine monk friends began began his final days and they brought him back home to St. Vincent to die on Thursay. So I was back and forth to Latrobe from Friday to Tuesday. Oddly, the eye infection never developed even though I started the meds too late. I'm superstitious enough to think that was my little buddy Father Rip's doing.
Hope to see some of you pirate weekend. July 25 is my 56th birthday.

April

Anyone going on the 26th?
(or the 25th for that matter but idk if i can make both days...)
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Professor M

April, I may not make it for the 25-26.  My goal is August 1.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

lonerose79

I'll be there that weekend. I mean, come on, pirate weekend, heck yes. I'm still working on transportation for August 1st & 2nd.