News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Tn ren Memories

Started by renfairephotog, May 30, 2009, 01:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

It's way late for it but here's the 2009 tn ren fest memories thread. This was a shortened season for me one because the canceled day opening weekend and two it was the first time in several years I missed an entire weekend. But this will be know as the year I became an accessory  to my accessory.  Insane Dave the gray, made me a walking stick monopod. He attached an old metal tripod mount to a  sturdy walking stick. It looks beautiful and works fantastic.
It also gets a lot of attention. Some one called me Staff photographer. I think I'll get a wood name plate made to attach to the stick.  Unless i can come up with an order of the stick reference.

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Chelsy

I really whish I'd been able to come more weekends, because there is a chance that this might've been my last TNRF. I get sad just thinking about it, so I'm gonna go ahead and move on from that subject.

The one part of my weekend that stuck out was when my best friend and I were at the Buckle and Swash show when, all of a sudden, the sky started opening up and we were drenched within minutes. But you know what they say: the show must go on! It did, and we stuck it out the entire time. Of course, after was over, we literally ran though Pirate Alley, in our (wet and muddy) garb to meet up with the rest of our group at the Children's Pavillion. After about an hour there, we said sod on the rain and went on with our day. It wasn't like we were going to get any more wet, after all. It was really, really fun.

Ah, I miss TNRF already. D':
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)