News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

LARF in the running for Rendevoux 2010

Started by Lairde Guardn, May 30, 2009, 11:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lairde Guardn

I see that this faire made the short list, but am not seeing much discussion on it.   Was already looking at which faire I would like to go to but know little about LARF.......

Can you all help out with information in this thread?

Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Syrilla

BLAKDUKE

I don't know what other faires are in the running, but this would be  a faire that I could make if it were to win......  This is a good faire, I have been to it twice and had a great time both times.  The Queen is awesome (as always), along with good food and drinks and a totally incredible venue. 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

We attend this faire every year. It would be nice to be able to attend a Rendevoux there.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Lairde Guardn

Camping and Hotels nearby the faire and the rates for such?  Is there a place close by to have the Friday nite meet and greet and large enough to host a hundred or so with drinks and dinner?  Is tailgating allowed in the mornings?  Another place for dinner for the out of towners for Saturday Nite?  Questions others will want answered when the voting starts.   Also the dates that will be chosen for Rendevouz weekend?  Will it be a holiday monday and will faire be open that day? 
Lairde Guard'n
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC

Syrilla

Hotels:  There are more than 20 in the city of Hammond.  And under 30mins from the faire site. 
Price Ranges:  $55 to $125  but the price changes around the thanksgiving holiday. 
There is on site camping... price depends on tent or rv and electric uses.
A few nice campground are in the surrounding areas.
Tailgating... ask ahead of time
There are plenty of restaurants that have areas for large groups.  Some under 15min from the site.  And no worries about finding alcohol, Louisiana has drive through daiquiri businesses!   :o

http://www.hammond.org/index.php

The 3 day weekend that LARF has is a friday, sat, sunday after Thanksgiving. 

Thank you Blakduke... HUGS

Lairde Guardn

As one who has voted during all of the previous decisions for Rendevous, I am swayed more by whom seems to be the most prepared to handle the invasion.  The write up of the faire will go a long way to carry the votes and the more information that is in it, the better it will be accepted.   Overlooking little things like closest campground and cost of the campground, or does it take tents or just campers.....are cabins available......basic room rates at a variety of hotels and motels.......distance to airport and available transportation......Place for the Friday nite meet and greet......Saturday nite dinner......Other things to do in the area if some want to come early and stay late......just saying that it is available will not be enough for a number of voters...The fact that Nawlins is just down the road could be a bonus to your area for the out of state people.

This stuff all matters.

Good Luck.....
Lairde Guard'n
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC

Syrilla

Alright, all you Larfers , do you want me to do a write up?

DeadBishop

All votes need to be resubmitted!  See the Rendezvous voting thread for details!

R/F.com member since 2003

Capt.SIN

From LARF hosts Capt.SIN and Pat McGroin,Willa Swallow and the rest of the BS Crew!
PLEASE VOTE FOR RENDEVOUZ 2010!!!

The Louisiana Renaissance Festival is a small, yet quaint festival offering a festive marketplace and village atmosphere.  There are about 100 merchants, and there are 7 different stages with live jousting, musical entertainers such as Craig of Farrington, the Limey Birds, the Tortuga Twins, the New Minstrel Review and many others.  There are educational shows and shows for the kids as well.  The Louisiana Renaissance Festival also has one of the lowest gate fees of any of the festivals we have visited with adult ticket prices only $14 (as per the LARF website www.la-renfest.com).

The festival runs from Nov. 7 through Dec. 13.  The preferred Rendevous weekend would be closing weekend so as not to interfere with any other festival going on in the country.  It would also be a great chance to complete any last minute Christmas Shopping, and the weather should be quite comfortable (not too hot and not too cold...at least that's how it's been the last several years.)

The festival does offer limited on-site camping for $20/weekend and does offer a few spots with electricity for an additional fee. 

However, the Cap and Willa have about 10 acres cleared where we live, about 20 minutes from faire. We will offer free primitive camping along with a Friday Night Pig Roast (with sides from local stores) and keg beer (for a small fee) Guiness of course. Because of the tight economy, we thought it would be great to have a place for a Friday night gathering where we could drink,eat and visit without having to spend money at a bar.  For those who prefer, there are several hotels near the fair and one about a mile and a half from our home.  In addition, there are two major airports nearby (BTR (Baton Rouge) and MSY (New Orleans) for those who will need to fly in. There are several campgrounds in the area with an average price of 30.00 per night,KOA,Hidden Oaks,and Jellystone.
Any further info ou need please feel free to contact any of the crew.

It was on fire when I got there!

Willa Swallow

Anyone of the Bayou Scoundrels will be more than happy to help with any questions you may have.  If we win, the Bayou Scoundrels will push for closing weekend to be the chosen date.  But if enough people want, Thanksgiving weekend could be arranged.

Anna Iram

Syrilla, I didn't know you were the Queen at Larf! Guess I haven't been paying attention.

Sounds like a great party guys. :)

Syrilla

Yep, I am the Queen Elizabeth at LARF.  So come and see me!

Grov

Come on ya'll, let's bring it home.  Who can make the trip to Arizona?  Texas already had the first Rendevous so that leaves out Scarby.  And I think we all know the sentiment regarding salsa and New York City.  I forward similar for Rendevous. "New York State?!?"

Make sure you go to the Rendevous voting thread and vote for our home faire.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Aaroncois

Quote from: Grov on June 22, 2009, 04:17:22 PM
I think we all know the sentiment regarding salsa and New York City.

That's odd, I thought it was only people IN New York City who thought that the entire rest of the state was just a suburb of Manhattan.  ;)

Grov

You are welcome at LARF even though you don't get it.  It's ok.  A good time can still be had.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Tammy

I voted for LARF!! It's closer to me, and the faces from LARF are more familiar to me from the forum. I hope y'all win...but even if you don't...I might still come for a visit!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Avidd

Got my vote in, though it's not looking good at this point.