News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

ARF in the running for Rendevoux 2010

Started by Lairde Guardn, May 30, 2009, 11:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lairde Guardn

I see that this faire made the short list, but am not seeing much discussion on it.   Was already looking at which faire I would like to go to but know little about ARF.......

Can you all help out with information in this thread?
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I was thinking the same thing!  I had the pleasure of attending this Faire a few years ago.  It is owned by the same people who own CRF.  It boasts a 4-man joust troupe (Hanlon-Lees when I was there) with the very beautiful and majestic Superstition Mountains as the backdrop!  My Dad & I enjoyed this faire, he lives in the Phoenix area and celebrates his birthday over the long President's Day Weekend, I hope they are our hosts!  Especially since by February I am so done with the NC cold that a venture such as this would be most welcome...  ramble, ramble, ramble...  ::)  'Sides, then the Pyrate can meet Daddy!  ok, think I'm done now...  ;)
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Marcos Charron

Well,

I will try to fill you in the best I can. I, the Viscomte de Arcadia and the lovely Lady Julianne are the hosts should our faire be the one you the RF'ers choose. Our faire is located in Gold Canyon, AZ, which is 30-45 min from Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix, AZ. With 100% freeway access from the airport and neighboring hotel and camping choices, getting to and from the faire is very easy.

Our dates will be over Presidents Day weekend, Feb 12-15, 2009. Average temps during the day are in the mid 60's to mid 70's, perfect for the wearing of even the heaviest garb. Sunny skies and clear nights are the forecast for that time of the year, so Old Man Winter is somewhere else while you are here.

There is so much that can be said about the faire I can go on forever, but be it said, we are the first faire of the year, the entertainers that perform here try out all their new material for the new season on our playtrons, new items in every shop abound, food and drink like you have seen, some you may never have, friendly faces and people just happy to be back at faire, make it a great time for all.

Feel free to ask your questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Viscomte de Arcadia
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

gracefulcarrie

Not that it should be a deciding factor... But ARF also has their liquor license...

which means you can buy shots or mixed drinks with hard liquor in them instead of just your normal beer and wine!

mmm... morning mimosas, breakfast shipwrecks and sea breezes.... oh and bloody marys of course

Marcos Charron

Yes indeed,

That is most times the day's plan at our fine faire.

We also have good beer too!

Viscomte

Lairde Guardn

Camping and Hotels nearby the faire and the rates for such?  Is there a place close by to have the Friday nite meet and greet and large enough to host a hundred or so with drinks and dinner?  Is tailgating allowed in the mornings?  Another place for dinner for the out of towners for Saturday Nite?  Questions others will want answered when the voting starts.   Also the dates that will be chosen for Rendevouz weekend?  Will it be a holiday monday and will faire be open that day? 
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Marcos Charron

Let me see,

Camping and Hotels nearby the faire and the rates for such?
There are many budget rate hotel in the area, average rates run between $45-100 a night, depeding on your tastes.

Is there a place close by to have the Friday nite meet and greet and large enough to host a hundred or so with drinks and dinner?
Yes, we have two places already to hold such a gathering, one is Churchills Pub, the site of our Friday night local meetings, and their sister pub, Shakespears. The owner has offered both places for a meet and greet.

Is tailgating allowed in the mornings?
Yes, but alcohol is not allowed outside the gates. We will host a Sat morning breakfast before cannon for those attending.

Another place for dinner for the out of towner's for Saturday Night?
Yes, right now discussions are in the works for a dinner and concert with a special musical guest, or a masquerade ball, location to be determined.

Viscomte

Julianne

Probably the best references we have are the out of towners who have visited before. 
We've had folks from MNRF and CoRF who visit annualy.
I think (hope) they had a good time ;)

For Rendevous we will plan of course extra-special events which will be posted shortly in the Rendevous Thread but it looks like the Viscomte has generally outlined the schedule.

There is no doubt one will need transportation.  As with most faires we are located on the outer skirts of the city.  Mesa, Chandler, and Tempe will be your best cities with a range of accommodations.  There are a few places in Apache Junction/Gold Canyon area.
Camping is not really a viable alternative as most of the snow-birds have those already.

Oh and one last thing.....we have flushies ;D

Marcos Charron

Yep to all,

And we have the French too!

Viscomte

renfairephotog

Voting is open.

When I first joined the RF, a forum member from Arizona was one of the first to make me feel at home here. As I recall She was one of the main ones who presented the ideal of the Rendevous.  She was also instrumental in setting up the voting for the first Rendevous. I know it wasn't easy, I remembered lots of drama. She  pushed for a location in the center of the country so more people could attend, even though she couldn't. I hoping that if Rendevous is held near her she can attend.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Marcos Charron

RF

Thanks fpr the kind words about our fine faire and the folk who make it so special.

Viscomte

Muffin

Quote from: gracefulcarrie on May 31, 2009, 04:00:56 PM
Not that it should be a deciding factor... But ARF also has their liquor license...

which means you can buy shots or mixed drinks with hard liquor in them instead of just your normal beer and wine!

mmm... morning mimosas, breakfast shipwrecks and sea breezes.... oh and bloody marys of course

AND.... MUDSLIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Ooooohhhhh Wenchieeeee!!!!!!!!*

I voted!!
:-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Julianne

Awww...you are all so sweet.

Thus far though, it's not too promising.
Ah well, guess we'll have the mudslides to ourselves Muffin ;D

DeadBishop

As much as I would like to visit any of the faires in the running, I'm hoping for ARF because it would be the easiest for myself to have the chance to attend.  I've missed out on all but one Rendezvous, and I only made that one because it was my home faire.  :) 

Come on, ARF, rally the troops and get your votes on!  ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

Muffin

Quote from: Julianne on June 05, 2009, 11:08:53 AM
Awww...you are all so sweet.

Thus far though, it's not too promising.
Ah well, guess we'll have the mudslides to ourselves Muffin ;D

:P More for us then!! and I know a neat spot we can go to and enjoy them....  ;)

I see that TX is in the lead... I would really like to see AZ pull this off, not just cause I love the faire and the people, but TX already had a Rendezvous, yes it was a different faire, but they are within 5 or so hours of eachother (possibly less)... (this does not lessen my affection for my TX peoples of course!! xoxo)

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette