News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

ARF in the running for Rendevoux 2010

Started by Lairde Guardn, May 30, 2009, 11:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Charron

And that my dear Muffin is why I am going to MRF this year,

How else can I bask in your wenchy goodness twice in one season?

Viscomte
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

RenRobin

Quote from: Muffin on June 05, 2009, 12:54:01 PM
Quote from: Julianne on June 05, 2009, 11:08:53 AM
Awww...you are all so sweet.

Thus far though, it's not too promising.
Ah well, guess we'll have the mudslides to ourselves Muffin ;D

:P More for us then!! and I know a neat spot we can go to and enjoy them....  ;)

I see that TX is in the lead... I would really like to see AZ pull this off, not just cause I love the faire and the people, but TX already had a Rendezvous, yes it was a different faire, but they are within 5 or so hours of eachother (possibly less)... (this does not lessen my affection for my TX peoples of course!! xoxo)

When and Where in  Texas was a Rendevous?
Loki-terr (in training)

Marcos Charron

Ahhh!

The mid morning mudslide!

I like the Bloody Mary meself!

Viscomte

Blue66669

Quote from: RenRobin on June 05, 2009, 01:28:57 PM
Quote from: Muffin on June 05, 2009, 12:54:01 PM
Quote from: Julianne on June 05, 2009, 11:08:53 AM
Awww...you are all so sweet.

Thus far though, it's not too promising.
Ah well, guess we'll have the mudslides to ourselves Muffin ;D

:P More for us then!! and I know a neat spot we can go to and enjoy them....  ;)

I see that TX is in the lead... I would really like to see AZ pull this off, not just cause I love the faire and the people, but TX already had a Rendezvous, yes it was a different faire, but they are within 5 or so hours of eachother (possibly less)... (this does not lessen my affection for my TX peoples of course!! xoxo)

When and Where in  Texas was a Rendevous?

If I'm not mistaken, the first RenDezvous was at TRF... it was 4 years ago, I think.
Blaidd Drwg

Julianne

Thank you blue66669 sweetie for clarifying that date and place.
For those of you that have met us AZRF R/Fers you know who we are and that we'd love to host you and this forum and the Rendezvous.  We'll do our best to make it special and fun...that's all I can say really.

I've nothing that can beat the overwhelming population of other states.

and..

Clearly, in the rules, Scarby is entitled to host the Rendezvous.

Y'all can still come and visit us anyway.

renfairephotog

I'd love to attend. First faire of the season is a plus. More than likely I could make it anyway but I'm still hope ARF gets it.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Julianne

RFP...that's very thoughtful of you and speaking on behalf of all of my peers I really appreciate your kind words.

That goes out to everyone who has supported our endeavor.

Regardless of who "wins" the Rendezvous 2010...having attended myself to the front runner...it'll be a grand event because of who we are anyway.

AZRF will still host a wonderful President's Day Weekend Meet 'n' Greet this year.

Marcos Charron

Courage Sister,

July 4 is a long way off, people can still vote.

Viscomte

Lady Renee Buchanan

I have a lot of friends from AZ, and I don't want to hurt any feelings, so I would like to explain to you why I voted for another faire, if you see my post in another thread.

While we would love to come to AZ, and have actually looked into coming in the past years, since RenDezvous is going to be over Valentine's Day, for sure we couldn't come.  We own a restaurant, and as you can imagine, Valentine's Day is one of the busiest days of the year for us.  Our restaurant is intimate and upscale (but if you know us -- definitely not stuffy), and we've had several marriage proposals take place there, especially on Valentine's Day.  With the economy the way it is, we can't afford to close at a time when it is really busy, so RenDezvous in AZ this year wasn't an option for us, knowing it is over that weekend.  If it was over a different weekend (and I'm sure the weekend chosen will probably work for the majority of folks, just not us), then it would be a difficult decision as to which faire to vote for.

So I didn't want to upset anyone, and I'm hoping that sometime in the future we can make it to your faire.  Good luck whichever way the voting turns out, whether we can attend RenDezvous or not.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Marcos Charron

LRB

No troubles here me lady!

Do what you need to do first, what you want to do will come close after. Be it this time or next, we will get Rendevous here.

Viscomte

Julianne

Lady Renee,

You never need apologize to anyone for how you cast your vote.  It's the one thing we bring to this forum that is quite literally a display of democracy in action.

All  Ren Faires bring joy and the wonderful thing is you can choose amongst so many to visit.  That is afterall, why we are all here in the first place.

Having said that, the masqued ball we would have had indeed a Valentine's theme.
Damsels and Heroes, Princes among men and the Princesses they woo....all that sort of lovely, romantic, rose petals and amour stuff.*insert violen*
*weeps*
:D

Anna Iram

I think it's a pity we can't just have four Rendevous this year, as no two are really in competion. Not for time slots nor for style of faire. Each really are so different!

Having said all *that* AZ you've got my vote. It's a great time of year to visit the desert and the Superstition Mnt's are lovely with the snow and those blue AZ skies. I have no doubt you all will show us a wonderful time in Chandler. It's a fun town as I recall and I expect the company will make it all the more so.

Have to find me a cowboy for that Valentine's thing... :)

Zoë

I am pulling strong for AZ, because, well, I'm already planning on being there that weekend anyway!  Most of the other faires will be hard for me to make work because I'm leaving the country in early July, and most of my funds between now and then will be geared toward that. 

Fingers crossed!!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt. Bacardi

Just voted myself, not looking good..  :-[
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Marcos Charron

Quote from: Capt. Bacardi on June 08, 2009, 08:24:50 AM
Just voted myself, not looking good..  :-[

Bacardi

As long as you and Muffin make it down here, it's all good!

Viscomte