News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You might be a Ren parent if.............

Started by ladyharrogate, June 01, 2009, 08:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyckdblyss

Thanks...he really seemed to like you Blue! You had on lots of sparklies to hold his attention  ;D
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

Rani Zemirah

... your child has already been on cast with you, and she's only 8 years old.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Rowan MacD

You have yard sale and one entire table is reserved for outgrown costumes, old wooden swords and shields and an old style wheeled hobby horse (with barding)
:o
  Got a few folks interested in Faire that way.   

~Rowen MacD
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

ladyharrogate

Rani, I'm with you on that one.  My oldest was nine months old when she started.  She's nine now.  My other three are 8, 6 and 4. 

you know you're a rennie parent when at 11:30 you're fitting one of your old costumes on your 8 year old for a festival promotion in the morning!

(and yes, that's what I'm doing right now!)

Lord and Lady Alberon

You know that your a Ren parent when a Full set of "Wee" Chainmail is delivered to your hospital bed the day your son is born.  :D :D
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks

ladyharrogate

or when your 6yr old son puts on his uncle's chain mail shirt and his 5yr old sister pushes him over and sits on him knowing the shirt is too heavy for him to get up in.

Ambios

Kinda addressed in the original post, but.....
Both of your girls favorite Christmas presents at one point or another were combat approved weapons...
- rapier for the younger daughter
- matched pair of fighting daggers for the older daughter

...And your older daughter made your first official faire garb (druid) for you as a Christmas present!
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Rahne

At least once a week your youngest child (5) wants to know when we can go to faire again, and can't understand that it is a seasonal thing.  I think she would live at the faire if possible, :D but then again so would I ;)
"Don't part with your illusions.
When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live"
Mark Twain

Hoowil

... you've posted pictures of the kiddo's here, but have yet to send pictures of your newest to the actual family.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Hey- Arent You?

....Your daughter gets in an argument with her english teacher and tells her she's not teaching english, she's teaching american.

ohh.... your wife had her baby shower at faire........... as a bit........and the king came..........and so did the owner of the show.

one more...

your 1 year old was voted to be king of faerie ball
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

limey_tech

Quote from: Dustin on June 01, 2009, 05:23:26 PM
...you have to remind your daughter not to sing "Bell Bottom Trousers" at school.

LOL... except for me its favorite pet by the Limeys.
Jason D. Smallen aka Kathryn's Daddy

ladyharrogate

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on June 22, 2009, 07:05:06 PM
....Your daughter gets in an argument with her english teacher and tells her she's not teaching english, she's teaching american.

ohh.... your wife had her baby shower at faire........... as a bit........and the king came..........and so did the owner of the show.

too funny, I had a baby shower at faire!  and my youngest received an award for crying on cue at the joust.  She was only four and boy did she turn it on.  When one of the other kids asked if she was okay she peeked under her arms and says "yes, I'm just acting" and went back to crying for her knight!

Jinglebum

Quote...your son dresses in faire garb for "Back to the Eighties" week at high school.  "This is the eighties...1580 to be specific!"
Please... tell your son he is officialy my hero. XD
Oh... Shiny!

tigerlilly

Your four year old hears bagpipes on TV and says, "Listen, Mommy!  Renaissance faire music!"

ladyharrogate

another to add from my neck of the woods,

Today my oldest Alise had to put together a bag of things for her fourth grade class that represent her.

She put in a piece of pottery she made to represent her talent
To represent what she enjoys doing the most she put in a festival poster and her crown that she'll be wearing when she plays the younger princess at CRF this year
and for the item that represented what most inspired her she added a picture of Lolly Foy (who used to play queen at CRF and Minnesota and is married to Zilch the TorySteller). 

I think being a ren parent is pretty cool if you ask me and yes, I'm pretty proud of my girl!