News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You might be a Ren parent if.............

Started by ladyharrogate, June 01, 2009, 08:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tammy

I'm taking my bf's daughter to her first faire in two weeks...and I'm more excited about seeing her experience it, then I am about ME getting to GO TO FAIRE!!!!!!! I hope she falls in love with it. My bf very much enjoyed it when we went a couple weeks ago.
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Lady De Rue Rue

when your two year old daughter kicks your car seat while driving and screams "I want to go to the castle" every Saturday morning during the summer......

when your now three year old daughter refers to you in public as "the Queen Mother".....

when you three year old daughter see you with glue gun and requests that she will not wear grab unless everything is hand sewn on it....

when your three year old daughter has a major meltdown in public and screams to you "Off with your head Mommy!".....

when your three year old daughter refers to herself as "I'm a queen and you are just the Queen Mother".....

I just can't wait until she turns four, maybe things will get better.

Baroness de Vale

When your 5 year old daughter hears someone say Huzzah on TV and she immediately shouts it too and then informs you that person must love faire too.
When the only occasion as important as faire to your 5 and 8 year old kids is Christmas. As soon as Christmas was over they started asking how much longer until faire (July) and planning what garb they want me to make them.

LadyStitch

Soon as you anounce you are expecting your non-rennie friends are asking you if you are going to match the babies out fits with the parents.  The rennie freinds already know you are going to do it.  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Becky10

Quote from: Lady De Rue Rue on November 20, 2010, 03:24:03 PM
when your two year old daughter kicks your car seat while driving and screams "I want to go to the castle" every Saturday morning during the summer......

when your now three year old daughter refers to you in public as "the Queen Mother".....

when you three year old daughter see you with glue gun and requests that she will not wear grab unless everything is hand sewn on it....

when your three year old daughter has a major meltdown in public and screams to you "Off with your head Mommy!".....

when your three year old daughter refers to herself as "I'm a queen and you are just the Queen Mother".....

I just can't wait until she turns four, maybe things will get better.

Oh, this just made my night! What a little character!  ;D
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Lady De Rue Rue

Thanks for the comment Becky  :-X  Celeste can be a handful at three, her latest "ren faire inspired comments" are:

"Go to the tower Mommy."
"Go to the dungeon Daddy."

And I certainly had an earful of them this weekend.

Lady Kett

...you buy your child, and her friends, stuffed rats, marshmallow catapults, and peanut firing crossbows. And they LIKE THEM!

Rani Zemirah

... your 10 y/o child saves all her allowance and b-day money so she can buy a boot dagger at your home Faire, to match the belt dagger she bought for herself last year at another Faire. 

... your child is involved in an improv theater game and the topic she suggests is the Plague because one of the props is a rubber rat... similar to the live one she has for a pet.

... your child didn't speak to you for a whole day when she found out she was only going to be able to attend 2 of the 3 Faire days this year, because Mama needs a "grown-up" Faire day of her own.  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on March 28, 2011, 11:08:30 PM
... your 10 y/o child saves all her allowance and b-day money so she can buy a boot dagger at your home Faire, to match the belt dagger she bought for herself last year at another Faire. 

... your child is involved in an improv theater game and the topic she suggests is the Plague because one of the props is a rubber rat... similar to the live one she has for a pet.

... your child didn't speak to you for a whole day when she found out she was only going to be able to attend 2 of the 3 Faire days this year, because Mama needs a "grown-up" Faire day of her own.  :D

Well, I can sure sympathize with her, Rani. I know I get upset when Nimue tells me that she wants some grown-up time.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rani Zemirah

LOL  YOu'd think after living your, what... 95th childhood?... over again, the grown-up days would come a bit easier...  :P  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

Aahh! But you haven't actually met me yet, now have you? Until that time, you can't even imagine how difficult it is for me!  :D
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rani Zemirah

Oh, I wasn't saying I think it IS easier for you... just that it should be.  :P  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Hoowil

...your 4 year old doesn't understand when people don't reply when she shouts "God save the Queen!" outside of faire
... your 2 year old (who is just learning to talk) does reply.
... above children need brag rags.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

LadySeasan

when you find out your due date is 10 days before opening day at your home faire, and you are determined to go no matter what! infant in tow :)
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

wyckdblyss

I can somewhat empathize with you Lady Season...Better yet is when you give birth opening day of your home festival (quite unexpectantly) and are more irritated that you are not able to attend that season to show off the new little bundle to fairemily...
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70