News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You might be a Ren parent if.............

Started by ladyharrogate, June 01, 2009, 08:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadySeasan

well when the little bean comes (she is due August 18-MDRF opens up August 27). We plan on going in late September/October. With little bean in tow.  Her garb is completed!
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

LadyFae

LOL!  Daughter #3 was 10 days old when I brought her to closing day of Fest 2009.  I wanted to take her the weekend following her birth but the husband wouldn't allow it.  For SOME reason he thought that it was more important to stay home and let family meet her.  =(
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

wyckdblyss

Since the little pirate, was considered preemie (not by size, but gestation) I was out voted on taking him out to TRF...he did however go to Scarby (at 7 mos) and ten went to TRF the next time when he was 1 yr. old...been attending faires ever since and loves it...he really gets a kick out of wearing his pirate garb and his kilt...we are already prepping for TRF this year, he will be 3 and I can't wait to experience it through his eyes... ;D
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

LadySeasan

LadyFae, as long as this one is 2 weeks old, she will be going with us.  We have a pram for her, with a little fan to keep her cool.  She will be a ren baby
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

LadyStitch

Ok, soon as this came out of the PP's mouth I knew I had to post it here.  ::)

If the OBGYN offers to let you schedule  your induction if you haven't delivered naturally by a week before your due date, and the first thing out of your spouse's mouth is.."Can she arrive on the [september] 19th?"
Docotr: "Why that particular day?  Someone's birthday?"
Spouse: "Oh no, nothing like that. It's talk like a pirate day.  That way for the rest of her life she could have a 'pirate' birthday."
Both you  AND the doctor look at him like he is off his rocker.
Doctor: "And here I thought you were one of my 'normal' parents.   ;D

It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

LadyFae

When you asked your newly turned six year old if she can speak with a British accent and she replies, with a quite nice accent- "Lady Mother, I would like to ride the pony." I am so giddy about it that I've been having her repeat it to everyone! :D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Hoowil

Not quite renny, but a definite geek achievement: ask my 4 year old what to do if she see a zombie, and she will matter-of-factly state "Hit it in the brain with a shovel". On one occasion, just to see how she would react, I asked what she would do without a shovel. She looked at me for a moment, and replied "Hit it in the head with a hammer"
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Once Debauched

Quote from: LadyStitch on August 05, 2011, 08:23:52 AM

If the OBGYN offers to let you schedule  your induction if you haven't delivered naturally by a week before your due date, and the first thing out of your spouse's mouth is.."Can she arrive on the [september] 19th?"
Spouse: "Oh no, nothing like that. It's talk like a pirate day.  That way for the rest of her life she could have a 'pirate' birthday."

That is just cool... period.
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Ms Trish

Quote from: LadyFae on August 06, 2011, 03:01:03 PM
When you asked your newly turned six year old if she can speak with a British accent and she replies, with a quite nice accent- "Lady Mother, I would like to ride the pony." I am so giddy about it that I've been having her repeat it to everyone! :D

I've heard her! It's quite good!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Betty Munro

Your 6 yr old wants to get a WII ... (seems normal and totally non-Ren) ... you think 6 is a little young, and ask WHY do they want a WII?  Answer:  So we can play Pirates of the Carribean.
If we can't get a WII, what else do you want for your birthday?  Answer: A long bow.

Ginette

Quote from: LadyStitch on August 05, 2011, 08:23:52 AM

So very cool!!   :D
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

LadyStitch

The Doctor is most likely going to induce me on the 23 of September but the PP is still wishing she will arrive on her own time on the 19th.  ;D Such a goober.

ladylissame

When you are glad that your son arrives 9 days early so that he will be a month old for his first renfaire.

LissaRoisin

You consider which tartan to get for your son's first kilt a big decision
IWG #3491
IFRP #1486
Loveland Castleteer
Captain of the Wenches Desire

LadyStitch

Oh the fuzzlet has as much garb outfits as regular clothing.  Last year at TRF people asked us what we would do if she got her outfit messy.  We told them just change her into her next ren outfit.  I think we packed 5. :)