News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

CRF Auditions!

Started by Hibernian, June 04, 2009, 10:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hibernian

http://www.royalfaires.com/carolina/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33&Itemid=45

CRF has announced auditions on (Wed) July 22, 6 - 9pm and (Sat) July 25, 12 - 3pm. Call 704-896-5555 or contact vreanie@royalfaires.com to schedule an audition.

The web site does mention they are interested in children between the ages of 7 and 10 for the roles of Prince and Princess.

Check the web site for more details
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

ladyharrogate

last day for auditions is Saturday, contact the office if you are interested.  Info is in the first post to this thread.

Lady Dina

I'm auditioning on sat and am really looking forward to it! I have gotten some good advice about it but if anyone has some last min advice, especially if they were there on wed i would greatly appreciate it!  :)

ladyharrogate

my advice is just go in and have fun.  It's really easy to get nervous but try not to let that get the best of you.  Everyone on the panel has been there before.  Don't worry about coming in costume.  We have a few people who do but there really not looking at that at auditions.  If you have any special talents you want to show you'll have an opportunity to do that.  Other than that just some improv stuff.  Might be asked to try your best accent but dont let that worry you.  They aren't judging accents as much as seeing how willing you are to step out of your comfort zone and try things.  See you SAturday!

Malkavian

I for one am looking forward to seeing new faces this year :)

Vincenzo

So they told me that the decisions will be announced next week.  SO.....  here's to more waiting.

In the mean-time - anyone from the Raleigh area?  I'm looking for some ride-share.
Audaces - Fortuna - Voluptas

Hibernian

They say good things are worth waiting for, hopefully that applies to good news.

Vincenzo

Quote from: Hibernian on August 06, 2009, 10:34:28 AM
They say good things are worth waiting for, hopefully that applies to good news.

Seems the nebulous "they" were right.

Now if I can just figure out what I got myself into  ;)  ... then again, that would ruin the fun, eh?

Sir Sebastian Phoenix

I'll be joining the CRF cast this year as well Vincenzo. I look forward to "working" with you...
Although I'm already with the Royal Guard Troupe I'm sure we can find some sort of Shenanigans to get into.
Sir Sebastian Phoenix
Baron of the Black Plains
Commander of the Bradwei Eights
Lt in their Majesties Royal Guard

Hibernian

On behalf of all the R/Fers and Clan M'Crack members who call Fairhaven  home, our congrats and a mighty Huzzah to both Vincenzo and Sir Sebastian.

Best of luck in the upcoming season and we promise to behave....to a certain extent.

I realize cast is not permitted adult beverages between the cannons, but stop down amongst the trees on the corner with the M'Cracks and we'll spot you a cold bottle of water. *I shudder to even say it, but rules are rules"

Wandering Rogue

There's water at the faire  ???   
Ale cures what ails you
A full tankard is a happy tankard

Sir Sebastian Phoenix

Thanks Hibernian, there is always time after cannon for that beverage.

Sir Sebastian Phoenix
Baron of the Black Plains
Commander of the Bradwei Eights
Lt in their Majesties Royal Guard

Femme Falchion

Congratulations gentlemen!  Wonderful for you both! 

Sir Goodthrust, you ALWAYS insisted there was no water at faire! 
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Vincenzo

honestly Femme ... even if you had known there was water available - do you truly expect we would believe that you would have actually forgone other beverages and had only water???? ... seriously???

Hibernian

Quote from: Sir Sebastian Phoenix on August 23, 2009, 12:01:15 PM
Thanks Hibernian, there is always time after cannon for that beverage.

Of course we would never have anything in the cooler in the back of the truck...after all the Galway Hooker and a fine pint isn't that far away.

ladyharrogate

Congrats to the new cast members.  If I don't say hi to you at workshops come up and remind me where I know you from.  I'm usually in a daze with all the kids.  I'm the one that will be surrounded by all the kids.  Oh and other good news.  My oldest daughter was cast as the younger of the two princesses for CRF.  She is so excited because the other young lady is one of her good friends and they've both done our festival since they were babies.

Hibernian

Ladyharrogate between a daughter on cast and keeping the kids heading in the right direction no wonder you're in a daze. Congrats to the you and your daughter, I look forward to seeing her on cast this season.

BTW, very nice web site with the Legends and Ladies, the princess in the gallery looks familiar. I'm an old Belmont Abbey man myself, so I'm familiar with your neck of the woods. Looking forward to a great fall at CRF.

Wandering Rogue

Quote from: Femme Falchion on August 23, 2009, 02:16:18 PM

Sir Goodthrust, you ALWAYS insisted there was no water at faire! 

My dear Femme, there is plenty of water at the faire that has been brewed with hops and malts that make a refreshing beverage that has always quenched me thirst!
Ale cures what ails you
A full tankard is a happy tankard

Femme Falchion

Although I may be developing a reputation for staying "well hydrated" I've made an oath to myself this season to only swill from my own chalice!

(or hire Sir Goodthrust as my official taster!  ;))
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Hibernian

Quote from: Femme Falchion on August 27, 2009, 11:48:32 AM

(or hire Sir Goodthrust as my official taster!  ;))

Were you planning on having anything left to drink after he was done tasting?  ;)