News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Nebraska City Renaissance Faire

Started by Rowan MacD, June 04, 2009, 05:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

I think this one is defunct.  The website is gone and the contact e-mail bounces. 
Other than a mention on the Neb City events page (they said it was in April this year, which was news to me) there is no further fresh info on the fair since 2006 when they attempted to hold the 2nd annual fair that fell through in the planning stages.
  The last e-mail I got from the organizer (in 2006) told me they had issues with the city council in Nebraska City, and the 2006 fair was not going to happen.
  If anybody has attended this since the first one, let me know. It is still in the Fair Directory on this site.
  To the best of my knowledge the only two regularly held Ren fairs in Nebraska are the Midwest Fair at Scary Acres and the Nebraska Renaissance Fair at Bellevue Berry farm.  Both of which were held in May this year.

There will also be a Pirate fest in October at the Berry Farm. Same contact info as the Nebraska Fair.
Rowen MacD ;D

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Magister

Rowen:

I believe you are correct.  The website for the faire (listed on this site, and the other faire directory sites) is no longer functioning, and there as been no mention of this faire since 2006.

I am going to remove it from the database.  If anyone knows of more updated information, please feel free to post it and I will see about adding the faire back.

Thanks.
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

Rowan MacD

This is sad news.  It is interesting to note that the organizer told me that that the Nebraska City Council gave the reason for not allowing this Renaissance fair to continue was that is was not 'family oriented' enough to be held there. :-\
  *start rant* However there are plenty of golf tournaments.  Those are so much more interesting to the average family.  ::) And lets not forget the Cherry festival (cherry wine drinking, pit spitting and cherry pitting demos, same for the Applejack festival)
  I don't know what kind of Renaissance faire the NC city council thought MARS was putting on, but they obviously never personally bothered to attend it. *end rant*
  Sigh..... You can lead a horse to water...
~Rowen
IWG wench #3139 

Carl Heinz

RPFS has developed children specific areas as well as an "R" rated area which is well marked.

I agree, though, that most of those who don't want to have a Ren Faire near them have probably never attended one.  This goes along with wondering why there are no Costco stores in my home state.

BTW, I grew up in Lincoln.  Isn't there a Faire near Omaha these days?
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Rowan MacD

Yes!, and you are most welcome to attend, even help set up  ;D.
The Nebraska an Midlands fairs are over till next May, but there is still a pirate fest in the fall.  All are just south of Omaha, about a 30 minute drive from Lincoln on I-80.

~Rowen MacD

IWG wench #3139 

Carl Heinz

I've several cousins in the Lincoln area that my sister is trying to get interested.

She's also an RPFS Cuthbert of long standing.  She makes fairly frequent visits back and I'll remind her---again.  :)
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Magister

I'm excited to see you two so hyped up about your faires.  Unfortunately, this really isn't the section of the site to discuss them.  It's really just for posts to update the faire directory. 

So ... I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.  Hopefully some day in the future I'll see a post come across telling me of a new event in the Nebraska city area.

- Mag
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade