News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Texas Scottish Festival

Started by raevyncait, May 19, 2008, 08:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raevyncait

18 days and counting to Texas Scottish Festival in Arlington! And this year we get a weekend to rest in between Scarby and Arlington!

It should be an exciting year, at least as far as the games are concerned. "The Texas Scottish Festival and Highland Games will be the site of the 2008 World Highland Games. This annual event for professionals, is sanctioned by the International Highland Games Federation, and includes participating athletes from Scotland, Canada and the United States."

Music is of course awesome as ever:
The Rogues
Clandestine
Seven Nations
The Killdares
Jiggernaut
Seamus Stout
Smithfield Fair
Just to name a few of them..... American Highlander, the latest offering from The Rogues is outstanding, and will be available; Clandestine's 2008 album Red, is sure to be another outstanding disc as well.

See ya'll there!
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Ottheinrich

Maybe I can talk my wife into going or she will read this and get the hint  :o

raevyncait

Quote from: Ottheinrich on May 19, 2008, 08:51:12 AM
Maybe I can talk my wife into going or she will read this and get the hint  :o

;)*subliminal message to MastHuggerKate "you WANT TO GO TO TSF IN ARLINGTON, you can wear your garb, or not, but you definitely want to come consort with the Scots"  8)
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

raevyncait

*BUMP*

Today's the day!! Maverick Stadium, at UTA!

5:00 p.m. to midnight on Friday
9:00 a.m. to midnight on Saturday
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday

I know there are probably a bunch going to Central TX Faire, but those that aren't, c'mon over to Arlington! 

The predicted heat has forced me to leave most of my garb at home, though I'll have a tankard and pouch... see ya'll there!
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Ottheinrich

Quote from: raevyncait on May 19, 2008, 09:46:52 AM

;)*subliminal message to MastHuggerKate "you WANT TO GO TO TSF IN ARLINGTON, you can wear your garb, or not, but you definitely want to come consort with the Scots"  8)

:'( It didn't work  :'(

raevyncait

Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

cowgrrl

Al-Nimer & I are going to try & be there but it depends on various factors.  I'm desperate to get 1 last Rogues fix before next year.