News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Albannach At ORF

Started by Sir Jim & Lady Helen, June 05, 2009, 05:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Jim & Lady Helen

I received an email update encouraging me to purchase tickets for the 2009 season yesterday.

Here are the highlites including an appearance by Albannach.

New this year! A new menu of fine British foods will be featured at the Aleing Knight Pub. Pasties, fish & chips, meat pies, Scotch eggs, sausage rolls and haggis just to name a few. 

New this year! Order a Bread Bowl filled with delicious Spinach Artichoke Dip, Beef Stew, Chili, Greek Salad, or Potato Soup.

New this year! Turkey legs, brats, Italian Sausage, Polish Sausage and hot dogs will tempt your taste buds at the Lorelei.

New this year! Father Son & Friends take over the Aleing Knight Pub for a rollicking good time. Traditional Celtic songs, pub songs, bagpipes and drums will keep your toes tapping.

New this year! Albannach makes a one-weekend appearance for Barbarian Invasion, September 12 & 13.  This Scottish tribal drumming band will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Sir Jim
Irish Penny Brigade
Castleteers
Lost Vikings
FOKTOPs
ROOL

Jim:
Ride Penny

Helen:
Spin Penny
IWG#3811 Local#57

Bugsy

I'm so excited about this!  I've watch too many youtubes of them, get to hear them live, yay!!
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

Blushing

Albannach are absolutely amazing ... I encourage anyone who likes drums and/or pipes to get there to see them.  =)
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Athena

I've heard so many great things about this group and want to check them out! I'm definitely looking into attending that weekend.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Anna Iram

I saw them last season at FLARF! Don't miss this group. Absolutely phenomenal live!

renfairephotog

Yes go see them. They are at the Kentucky Ren Fest the next two weekends.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

lordwriothsley

You guys are definitely in for a real treat cause Albannach is such an awesome group.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Capt Lucy

Yea, I am also hoping to see them at OHRF...  Saw them for the first time this last weekend and was completely FLOORED!  Seeing them on youtube definitely does not do them justice...  Live is intense!!!   ;D
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Imestra

Quote from: Capt Lucy on June 17, 2009, 02:58:45 PM
Yea, I am also hoping to see them at OHRF...  Saw them for the first time this last weekend and was completely FLOORED! 
You said it Lucy, these guys ROCK!
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

max and kate

We seen them last year at Maryland Ren Faire, WOW, don't miss them.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Ludovi

I have somehow managed to miss them EVERY time they've been at KHRF. I am definitely going to make it up to ORF to see them! As amazing as they are in audio form, I can't imagine how wonderful it will be to see them live! ;D

Higgins

We have had the pleasure of seeing them as well. Their music (IMHO) does not translate to CD with the same power and scope as it does live. We can't wait to come down to visit and I now know when we are going.

Chelsy

Albannach are stunning. I saw them at KHRF and was blown away. I wish I could make it up to ORF this year, but South Carolina is a loooooong drive from Ohio for a college girl without a car!
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

Imestra

According to their website, Albannach is only at the OH Renfest on Sept. 12 & 13.
Guess when I plan to be at ORF???
We cannot make the invasion weekend, Curtro & I, sadly.
Anyone else got the Albannach jones??
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Aunty Lou

Noe I know when to go...  I also, cannot make the Rennvasion.  So I, Aunty Lou, will be attending the ORF Sept. 12 & 13...