News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Albannach At ORF

Started by Sir Jim & Lady Helen, June 05, 2009, 05:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir William Marcus

Wow! Offering an encore in the Midwest and just so happens I'm currently free on that weekend.

I think thats a sign!
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

LadyHawkeontheHill

Definitely Albannach Jonesin', I will indeed be there that weekend also.
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Aw man I hope I can make that weekend!
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Sir Jim & Lady Helen

Just checked the Albannach website and their schedule says they are also at ORF on Labor Day! :)

07 September     Ohio Renaissance Festival     Harveysburg, OH, USA
12 - 13 September    Ohio Renaissance Festival    Harveysburg, OH, USA

I had heard a rumor they might be there on two weekends so I checked their site.
Irish Penny Brigade
Castleteers
Lost Vikings
FOKTOPs
ROOL

Jim:
Ride Penny

Helen:
Spin Penny
IWG#3811 Local#57

Lady Pagos

Just found out that I'll be there that whole weekend!  yay!!!
Pagos M'Crack
Sister of Bugsey
Loveland Castleteer

Synikul

I had a different take on it after I saw them at KY. They only had one piper, and 5 or 6 drummers. Is that normal for them? It's like the pipes were an afterthought, and it was drowned out by all the relentless pounding. They're great at what they do, but I like it better when the bagpipes are the main ingredient of a bagpipe band.

CapnFayeCutler

Yeah Frog is the only piper. They mic him though usually. I love the setup they have. :)
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Imestra

Albannach describes themselves as a Drum Corp, of the type
which once accompanied the army into battle!! 
You see, Syn?  not a bagpipe band at all
much more primal
yeah
8)
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

CapnFayeCutler

Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Bugsy

I'm still in awe.  What a treat!  I can't wait until next weekend.
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

amy

Have to say that seeing Albannach was the highlight of the weekend!  We were on the opposite side of the grounds when we heard the drums and caused a bit of a scene as Mistress Sarah in her courtly gown sprinted full wind across the maypole  grounds and nearly took out a 3 year old passing the Aleing Knight!     They were so exciting!  Sarah is an instant fan.  We will definately find a way to see them again!

Bugsy

That was me as well, Amy.  I was over by the Pirate Ship waiting for the parade to start and I heard the drumming!  I don't think I've ever ran that fast!  Every faire employee knew exactly where I was headed too, as I heard "they've just started!"  ;D
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

Lady Riddle

I heard them when the parade started.   My director said "you hear the drums?  That's Albannach." So off an on I heard them.... until I got closer to the Revelers stage.  Poor Paladin.  He was a wee bit spooked by all the persistant beating of the drums.  But my goodness did hearing them make my blood sing.  After the knighting ceremony I was able to sit and watch their entire show.  What a good time.  For a few minutes I was not the "Queen of England" I was just a girl watching a drum corp and thoroughly enjoying myself!!   ;D

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Who's going to be there the 13th?
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Imestra

Lady E - our plans are for Saturday we will be sad to have missed you. 
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars