News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hamsters at CoRF

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, June 10, 2009, 01:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

OK Let us now have an "OFFICAL" Hamster thread.

Since we seem to hijack almost EVERY thread and toss in Hamsters. I think it about time we had the "Offical" "Not so overly offical" Hamsters at CoRF thread and see if we can Hijack this one to something Un-Hamster related... say Torn dresses or dresses that are to loose/ or Maybe what you are doing 10 months after faire ended?

YUP as someone from Illinois via Calie-Forn-I-A  called us Coloradoans once... "LIGHT HEADS" the altitude makes us all goofy and all. I had to correct hium that Light head does not mean bubble head... but I am sure there are a few of those running around here some where especially a Hamster loving one.

OK Now onto the offical thread since I tried to hi-jack it myself and failed.

How many Hamsters does Demetrius keep in cages to use in his secret Chicken Yakitori recipe? And does he use Chocolate Gerbel milk instead of Hamster milk?

Inquiring minds want to know
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Francisco Paula

Give me Liberty or give me Hamsters

Hamster....we don't need no stinking hamsters

RenaissanceBarbie

A hamster, a hamster, my kingdom for a hamster!
Taken out of context I must seem so strange.

Platt

Mmmmmm... Hammy recipes

(no really, Platt found this at http://covertorbit.tripod.com/modern_recipes.htm)

Barbeque Hamster Steaks and HammyBurgers

100g of minced hamster,
1 onion (optional),
salt, pepper;
herbs,
egg (optional),
soy sauce or Worcester sauce (optional)
and two soft round rolls (white, brown or wholemeal) as preferred.

The classic hammyburger is just a flat patty of mince fried quickly in very little, very hot fat. For this, frozen steakettes and the like are excellent. A slightly tastier hammyburger is made by frying an onion and mixing it and the meat and egg, herbs and garlic, and adding soy sauce or Worcester sauce if you have any. If you like things hot then some Tabasco sauce will help. Traditionally served in a toasted bun with a lot of tomato ketchup. And some raw onion, if you are alone and want to stay that way. Garlic may also be added to keep vampires away. Total preparation time 10 minutes.

Hot Hammy Hash

2 or 3 medium hamsters,
2 potatoes,
2 onions,
1 small tin tomatoes,
garlic,
salt and pepper;
herbs and oil for frying.

Peel and chop onions and potatoes and fry for 10 minutes or more until potatoes are soft (if you are prepared to stand over the pan and stir this will take less time). When potatoes are soft, add tomatoes, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper; bubble until thickened. Only then can you add the hamster (diced). Heat through gently and serve. For added heat use Worcester sauce or Tabasco sauce. This can also be topped with grated cheese of your choice and placed under a hot grill until the desired degree of gooeyness or crustiness has been achieved. N.B. If you are one of those people who top everything with cheese and grill it to a gooey mess, this is known as the Chichiboo method.

*blink*  :o

Bouncy Bouncy *Thump*  OW!  Platt's Nose!

Hey- Arent You?

so.... since this is the "official" hamster thread.............

where can I get those buy one get one coupons?
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Francisco Paula

Are you talking the ones for the hamsters or opening weekend of the faire?

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

You mean their are coupons for BOGO free? WOW Teddy bear or what breed
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Radu the Gypsy

Platt, I prefer Hedgehogs.  more of a challenge, and oh-so-tender.

Francisco Paula

Thanks Radu now i'm hungry. Hmm wonder if Tony's meat market would have hedgehog? If they do i'm heading to your house Radu.

Platt

Hedgehog Pasta

500g spaghetti
30ml olive oil
250g lean hedgehog
1 medium onion (chopped)
125ml water
60ml dry white wine
4 eggs
60ml double cream
100g grated parmesan cheese

• chop hedgehog into small chunks
• beat eggs and cream together in a bowl. Add half the parmesan cheese
• put pasta in boiling water
• put onions and hedgehog chunks in pan with olive oil on medium heat until onions are almost clear
• add wine and reduce heat
• drain pasta when cooked, combine it with egg, cream and cheese mix
• add meat, onions and wine without draining fat and mix thoroughly
• garnish with remaining parmesan
• serve immediately
Bouncy Bouncy *Thump*  OW!  Platt's Nose!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I tried smoking hamsters once (but it clogged my pipe  ;D :o)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Radu the Gypsy

Nope.  I've asked them if they would be willing to carry them, they say they dont see the profit in them.  Sad really, i was so looking forward to Clay-Baked Hedgehog.

Demetrius

Hey- when did we start talking about hamstern?
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Jonas_MacPherson

Hamsters?

Well, my entire ship is hamster powered, right down to the rudder. *though tying twenty five hamsters to a piece of wood is hard. And teaching them to do a swim kick is harder*

Hey- Arent You?

hey, where's Moldy?
how can he be missing all this?
anyone know?
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke