News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hamsters at CoRF

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, June 10, 2009, 01:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathleen MacFerno

Hello all. I haven't posted anything on here in FOREVER (a sad fact which I will attempt to remedy) but you might remember me from way back when as one of the assistants in Arsene's magic show. Anyways, although I have been spying on your hamster themed ramblings for a while now it just now occurred to me that we actually have a hamster! Arsene has an illusion that requires an animal and he ended up casting a teddy bear hamster, his name is Houdini III. I will tell him you all say hello on Saturday ;)

Zoë

*ahem*  I do believe that the hamster infatuation was my fault in the beginning, I'm the one with the hamster farm.

That being said, LET'S PARTY!!!!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Radu the Gypsy

So Zoe, where does one procure Hamster Seeds?  Are there specific fertilizers you recommend?  How often do you need to water them, and how much sun do they need?  I currently have several fields that I'm thinking of converting their current crops from.  While Dirt and Rocks are indeed lucrative commodities, I'm thinking of diversifying.

RenaissanceBarbie

Quote from: Radu the Gypsy on June 11, 2009, 01:05:27 AM
So Zoe, where does one procure Hamster Seeds?  Are there specific fertilizers you recommend?  How often do you need to water them, and how much sun do they need?  I currently have several fields that I'm thinking of converting their current crops from.  While Dirt and Rocks are indeed lucrative commodities, I'm thinking of diversifying.

Radu, I would go with Hamsters every time.  As a crop they sell fast and produce excellent dividends.  You can price them according to weight, overall tastiness, and what foods they were raised on (i.e. cayenne pepper for that spicy "made for chili" Hamster).  Really, the options are endless. 

Grow Hamsters for fun and profit!**

**A message from our sponsors.
Taken out of context I must seem so strange.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Famous quotes from that famous TV Show Hamster trek

Bones: It is a human characteristic to love small furry animals.
Spock: Doctor, I'm well acquainted with human characteristics. I'm frequently inundated by them, but I've trained myself to put up with practically everything.

McCoy: What do you get when you feed a hamster too much?
Capt. Kirk: A fat hamster

Capt. Kirk: I want to know who put the Hamsters in the quadrotritecale and what was in the grain that killed them.

[about Hamsters]
Spock: They do indeed have one redeeming characteristic.
Bones: What's that?
Spock: They do not talk too much.

Capt. Kirk: I want to know what killed these Hamsters.
Bones: I haven't figured out what keeps them alive yet.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Gauwyn of Bracknell

What is the best wine to serve with hampster - or does it depend on how they are prepared?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Jonas_MacPherson

White is best, red just leaves that nasty aftertaste.

Zoë

Yes you can make a nice alfredo to put over the hammies, add a little pasta perhaps, to be shared with a good Chardonnay perhaps.  Marvelous pairing.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

A colorado favorite however is Hamster Verde served with some Spanish rice, refied beans and 3 warm tortilla's. A little cheese, guacamole, and sour cream is optional. It goes good with a Dos Equis
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Platt

Just don't put hammy's in a blender....

Doesn't work...

Platt wanted nice Hammy smoothie... but hammy started running along the sides of the blender avoiding blades....  Now Platt has empty tummy and a  "Mr Atlas" hammy look-alike.....

Bouncy Bouncy *Thump*  OW!  Platt's Nose!

Capt Spleen

....I don'tz alwayz eetz hamzter....... but whenst I do, I perfer Calico Hamzter.....

Which beez da reazon dat I be th' least interstin' pirate....... in the world!

Radu the Gypsy

See now, I would think that young hamster, Hamster Veal if you will, would go nice with a good Shiraz or Cab...Or perhaps in a Cab glaze...I shall have to experiment.

*knockknockknock*

'scuse me, gotta get the door

*mumblemumblemumblePETAmumblemumbleHamsterAbusemumblemumblepluckoutyoureyeballsmumblemumbleBANG*

Sorry bout that.  Anyone got a good recipe for PETA bread?

Aernn

I prefer to stay away from the cannibals.

Hamsters:  Cannibalistic rodents, especially the european black bear hamsters.

Why is it that they go for the brains first?

Zombie hamsters anyone?
All know that only bards and pregnant women need ever explain themselves ~ Unknown (otherwise saying, can't remember)

Radu the Gypsy

"Go for the eyes Boo!  Go for the Eyes!"

DeadBishop

This thread is like a trainwreck; I shouldn't be looking at it but I can't help myself.   :P

R/F.com member since 2003