News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Period Service at Scarborough on Memorial weekend.

Started by DonaCatalina, May 19, 2008, 10:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ann of Draycott

I attended part of it at the beginning but didn't stay for the whole thing.  The beginning was interesting because they had a processional litany.  We processed from the wedding garden over the bridge and back around over the other bridge basically making a big circle and then back to the wedding garden.  A litany was chanted while we walked.  I looked up a few times to catch the reaction on peoples faces.  It was priceless...most people just looked confused.  ??? 
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Var Greyshadow

We didn't do the processional (Lawrence had on his period-accurate, lousy-for-walking shoes, so we were sitting a lot on Sunday).  We did make it till just after Communion, at which point, I figureded I was going to be late for Guard muster for parade, so we snuck out.  It was a very nice service with a great sermon.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"