News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Getting it all together.....

Started by Forest Guardians, June 11, 2009, 05:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity

Hubby and I will be there on 8/8.  This will be our first time to NYRF.  If you see us wandering around looking lost, please say hi  ;D 
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Green Monk on July 23, 2009, 03:23:44 PM

I will be there You can always hang with me or not is ok too.

not much longer friend !!!!!!!!!

GM :D

I will do so!!  ;D

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Serenity on July 24, 2009, 02:51:16 PM
Hubby and I will be there on 8/8.  This will be our first time to NYRF.  If you see us wandering around looking lost, please say hi  ;D 

LOL! Ok, I will be on my guard for the 8th!  ;)

Lady_Claira

I'll be there on 8/8 as well! I will also be there on labor day! So this should be awesome!
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

laedyfaire

see you sat. lady claira...are you staying for the pub sing?

Koshiba

I'll be there on 8/8 too with my family, and then hopefully 8/22 with a friend for my birthday (which is the day before, so I think the timing works out well). I'm so excited, just a little over a week! =D

Lady_Claira

Of course I'm staying for the pub sing! That is one of my favorite portions of the day.

Heck, if so many of us are going to faire on 8/8 we really should all have a meet point or something. :D Though I am bringing two of my friends along with me.
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Lady_Claira on July 30, 2009, 12:35:28 PM
Of course I'm staying for the pub sing! That is one of my favorite portions of the day.

Heck, if so many of us are going to faire on 8/8 we really should all have a meet point or something. :D Though I am bringing two of my friends along with me.

Meeting time/place is a good idea because we'll never all get together and honestly during the pub sing there isn't much time to chit-chat and most people bolt the second its over.  A real obvious spot like the village green, or one of the less-crowded pubs would be my suggestion, but I'm open  ;D

Lady_Claira

I don't like the pub idea mainly because I never go to them... lol

MacKee

Quote from: Lady_Claira on July 30, 2009, 10:19:46 PM
I don't like the pub idea mainly because I never go to them... lol

Aye...pubs yes! But whom am I ...I live in Texas  ;)
The Order of Culloden Moor

Serenity

Ah, Lady_Claira you are like my husband.  He doesn't drink either. 

I don't know the grounds, so I'm relying on you all to pick a good (easy to find :)) spot.

Just let us know before 8/7 at 12 since that's when we're leaving and will no longer have internet access.  Can't wait to meet you guys!
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

laedyfaire

if we all get there early enough..the front gate OR the queen's address which is on the jousting field at 10:30..go through the front gates...bear left, it is pretty close to the front. ask anyone, they should be able to tell you. :)

OR the pub sing..yes, lord robert, people leave asap but we are usually there for the mystic minstrels and could easily save seats in the front, if desired, for a group.

Serenity. where are you coming from? LF

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: laedyfaire on July 31, 2009, 08:36:50 AM
if we all get there early enough..the front gate OR the queen's address which is on the jousting field at 10:30..go through the front gates...bear left, it is pretty close to the front. ask anyone, they should be able to tell you. :)

OR the pub sing..yes, lord robert, people leave asap but we are usually there for the mystic minstrels and could easily save seats in the front, if desired, for a group.

Serenity. where are you coming from? LF

Well, I'm flexible so whatever you all think is best. Pub

Sing seems risky to me, IMO, because that's at the end of a long day and who knows what's going to happen between 10am and 6pm - people may get tired, emergencies happen, they might wind up busy with something else..  Plus once it starts unless you're in there early - it's so crowded its hard to find anyone!   I tried to meet a few people at pub sing last year, they never made it that far.

I would say the gates or at the Info booth/map area or something might be easier at a designated time.  :P

Serenity

@laedyfaire: We're coming from MD.  We'll be staying at the Beaver Pond Campground that weekend. 
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

Lady_Claira

Serenity, I would drink... if I were old enough. (counts off the days) Almost there. lol, just not yet.

As for pub sing? I tried to meet up last year on a pub sing and it was just a hectic mess. And since I'm driving two and a half hours with my friends to get there, opening gate is very hard for me to make (sighs).

But the info booth at a certain time seems like a good enough idea. Cause it's easy to find and all that. :D