News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Visiting for 1 day: What to see?

Started by cowgrrl, May 19, 2008, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoë

I think we're lucky to have not had any triple digit days, yet.  It's early though.  We usually get one or two in July. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Nixie

Quote from: pirate_zoe on June 09, 2008, 10:28:42 AM
Italian Kitchen of course.   :)  I must admit I'm really looking forward to getting some pizza this weekend.  I don't think I've ever found a better piece of pizza anywhere, and I am totally serious about that.  (Though the gas station at the bottom of the hill does give you guys a run for your money!) 

See I think ours wins in the crust department, cause its a bit thicker, and thusly more filling.
The gas station is amazing- but only if you like thin crusts.

Zoë

I'm not too much of a fan of really thick dough-ey crusts, which is why I enjoy the pizza down at the gas station so much.  Plus it's usually crunchy, which is another thing I like.  Gooey pizza is no bueno, haha.  I did have some Italian Kitchen pizza on Sunday though, it was yummy.   :D
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Adriana Rose

Larkspur Pizza rocks too!

they have alot of super yummy stuff and they arent bad priced tooo

Tanda

I have to add to my day!

Newly opened in Larkspur, Pony Express Coffee shop. Stop there for breakfast. Decedent coffee, and what looked like hearty breakfasts. I may have to go to breakfast there one week.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Shoni the Shilent

Quote from: Tanda on July 09, 2008, 11:16:48 PM
I have to add to my day!

Newly opened in Larkspur, Pony Express Coffee shop. Stop there for breakfast. Decedent coffee, and what looked like hearty breakfasts. I may have to go to breakfast there one week.

I actually plan on going there saturday. So Ill let yall know. Im gonna have to ahve like 3 cups of coffee to even wake up, so Ill sample it all :)

Zoë

I actually cracked up that the place was called The Pony Espresso (or Express-o, however it's spelled) because when I was a freshman in high school I was in a melodrama play of the same title.  It was about a coffee shop in the wild west.  I played the owner of the joint, the character's name was Dee Caff.  The hero's name was Buck and the heroine's name was Star, figure that one out... ;)  Good times. 

But as for the actual coffee joint, I am thinking of stopping there this weekend to see how they are. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

cowgrrl

Well, I want to say that we had a great time at CRF.  The first day was a little rough as we felt a bit off since we didn't know where anything was & we were struggling a bit with putting together any type of schedule for the day (Note to the owners:  Please put a schedule on the website).  Also, I lost both my parasol (red canvas with a dragon on it [waterproof]) & DDs (paper with a beach scene on it).  Neither were expensive but I really loved my red parasol.  If anyone happened to find 2 parasols behind the Globe Stage leaning against a picnic table (very long shot I know) we'd love to try & get them back.
I was pleased as punch to find Grichels there.  I bought an awesome laptop case & a bookmark.  I really hope we can either visit Bristol in a few years or they will come to one of the Faires in TX. 

We loved Tribal Circus, Arsene, Charming & Dashing and Celtic Legacy.  Charming & Dashing were so funny my sides hurt.  I could not believe it was their first year performing that act.

Kit

Actually - I think that Grace O'Malley found those while we were eating lunch over there - I'll ask her if she did & what she did with them.

I just sent her an email.  I'll let you know as soon as she answers me!

Kit

Talked to Grace...she did find those two parasols.  They were turned in to Lost & Found , so if you get ahold of CRF, you should be able to get them back easily!

cowgrrl

Thanks so much!  I will call them & see.