News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

First weekend wrapup

Started by Jonas_MacPherson, June 14, 2009, 09:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey- Arent You?

Whew!  That was not un-fun!

First and foremost, apologies to all who I failed to catch up to.  I'm mostly runnin around with Elijah, and we move kinda slowly... except when we are running and screaming!  Secondly, was quite happy to see those who I did see.  I've missed you all.....well most.....   ;)  Of all the people I know, you all are definitely some of them.   ;D

Changes to the site are always kinda weird for me.  Like someone rearranging the furniture when you're not home.  I went to stand under a favorite tree at morning jam, to find that tree missing.  We loose a few to the beetles every year.  :(  (actually, it's prob'ly still there, just in chips). couple of shops gone, etc. (someone asked, "where are the drinking horns?" I spun around to point and said "they are right theeeeeeerrrrr.....uhhhh.....ummmmm..... bloody 'ell! Where ARE the drinking horns?") I'm finding that many of the new cast members are quite entertaining.  Of special note are the magicians, and the new flippin jester (yellow & red, not red & yellow).  I will note that the street cast seemed thinly spread, but those that are out are working HARD, have high energy, are entertaining as 'ell, and are hard to miss.  The stages are PACKED.  More stage acts listed in the program then there have been in several years.  I do see this as a distinct improvement. I did not actually sit and watch any of them, but I will.   There were several "lost" people who I missed a lot, and several new people I was impressed by, and several more who I thought we had lost, turned up in shops, or just hanging out, which made me happy. Many great new costumes.... Most notably, Charming's!  HYY-sterical!!!
....  And I chastised a few people for deserting us here on the boards..... and asked them (in a finger pointing accusatory way) to come back.  ;D   

Hi Ginger. nice to see you.  LOL!

The hardest & most painful thing about the day was getting out of the car in my driveway.  So I will take a second to remind myself and everyone else, stretch hard & well before you get in your car and drive for 30-45 minutes and your sore muscles freeze up.  It will make getting home and getting up on Monday less hurtful.

Something else I'd like to say....   If we see each other out there, and you want to have a relaxed, open minded, adult conversation about pro's and con's, the good and the bad, the highs & lows of the faire... I'm happy to chat.  We can even tell funny stories.  IF, on the other hand, you just want to rant, bash, whine, spew venom, make out like it's ALL F'd up and have nothing good to say.   Please, save your breath. Just say Good Day and move on.   Not that such thing happened to me this weekend, because it didn't, but I can see it coming.

All in all, a fine time was had by all.  I enjoyed myself more than even I expected.  :D
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Dress Your Dreams

This was the first time ever being to the CO Faire, my youngest daughter moved out to CO from PA last Dec, so we planned a visit to her to be on opening weekend!

We really enjoyed the Faire....from the beauty of the grounds (& surrounding area!) to the great shoppes, to the acts, ( we were thrilled to meet up with Foolhearty, who also are at PA all season!) & Barely Balanced, enjoyed Puke & Snot, and Cast In Bronze.  Met up with Albert's son at the Imaginarium ( sigh, how the years have flown, we remember him as a youngster, not the boss of his own shoppe!!!)  Tired out sooner than I wished ( I have asthma, so I tuckered out around 4 PM) 

Wish I could say I did see everything, I'll bet I missed quite a few shows, but I know we will make a trip out next year!!!

In the meantime, when August rolls around, I would be tickled pink if someone came into my shop at PARF & said " Huzzah from Colorado!!!"

Enjoy the rest of your season, & remember...."it's always Faire weather!!!"

Susan

Zoë

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on June 16, 2009, 09:10:02 AM

The hardest & most painful thing about the day was getting out of the car in my driveway.  So I will take a second to remind myself and everyone else, stretch hard & well before you get in your car and drive for 30-45 minutes and your sore muscles freeze up.  It will make getting home and getting up on Monday less hurtful.

Something else I'd like to say....   If we see each other out there, and you want to have a relaxed, open minded, adult conversation about pro's and con's, the good and the bad, the highs & lows of the faire... I'm happy to chat.  We can even tell funny stories.  IF, on the other hand, you just want to rant, bash, whine, spew venom, make out like it's ALL F'd up and have nothing good to say.   Please, save your breath. Just say Good Day and move on.   Not that such thing happened to me this weekend, because it didn't, but I can see it coming.

Sunday morning was hard getting up!  Doesn't help that my cat kept stepping on my face and waking me up before my alarm (those 20 minutes are important the 2nd day of faire!!!)  And Monday morning was just one more reminder that I really need to invest in better shoes for faire.  Blech.  Doing a bit better now. 

And hear, hear on the complaints and grievances department.  I know people are upset about some things that happened this year, but I'd like to think of them as behind us.  We're at the faire now and we're there to have fun so let's just do it!

And Dress Your Dreams I hope you had a grand time at our festival!  Thanks for visiting!  :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

CapnJack

Zoe, it was good to see you, if only for a moment!  But I'm glad to know now that your choice to "de-piratize" yourself was in fact your choice.  I thought to myself, "Zoe looks different this year..." but then I realized later that you weren't all piratical, and I went "oooooooohh."  That and I believe the haircolor is new this season.

Bah, I've got to get back out there on a weekend when I'm feeling less like death.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Demetrius

While I do not take issue with Zoe (use no contractions when speaking at faire)
who works at a pop booth we knowe
of complaints which were said
and are nowe laid to bed
I have but one still stuck before me...

No More Rain or Hail in-the-middle-of-faire Please!!!

Good grief!
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

CapnJack

Amen to the hail!  But a little light shower here and there is kinda nice sometimes.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Hey- Arent You?

Jackie-
come often.  the weirdness will wear off and much fun will ensue.  You will begin to remember all the reasons you started before you became.... a walking mob scene.  LOL!  and I enjoy actually talking to you, which I don't think either of us have had time for...for several years.

I think I'll call you Capt Coolieo....  HA!
~Edmund Burke

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

HUZZAH to whom ever found my fan. YEAH!!!  ;D I was SO bummed out Saturday after getting back to the XTerra and finding it gone... hum foolish noble not paying enough attention to her garb and watching all the funny people not dressed  in proper attire (faire attire that is) walking or about... or even those that were like the pirate girl in 3"+ stilletto heels (OUCH that had to hurt).

I will be re-united with my fan Saturday and will insist on a better holding device (Not some piece of chain made in China)

I will be in my Queen Katherine Parr dress and French Hood and I am SO looking forward to Saturday already. My legs don't hurt so much today from all the walking and tripping over my skirts (make note must learn to hike them up when going up hill instead of holding Toki's hand).

The weather prediction (yeah if you can trust that in this state) says low 80's and 10% chance of rain. This could be another beautiful day at faire.

So if you see the "OTHER QUEEN" in her burgandy dress... it's most likley me. Stop Toki and I and say Hi and maybe you will see a Hamster... or not :) Not to mention, I'd be happy to take a life like painting of you with my wonderful DaVinci box filled with 8.1 Mega pixies (Hum make note to self not to let the fairies know I have enslaved pixies to do my work for me).

Hope to see even more of you Saturday... OH and once again for those interested I will have my Faire magazine with me (well in the car) if you have not seen it with CoRF in it.

OH I like Capt Collio... yes please come back more. I must say while I like Jack, I like Capt Coolio better as he is original and mush more handsome... for a pirate that is :)
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Demetrius

Ah, twas nice to see Cap'n McCool this weekend! And all the patrons and playtrons and forum members and everyone else not involved in death and taxes.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Hey- Arent You?

Just realized that I hit my 100th post today.

now everyone has to give me a dollar.
~Edmund Burke

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I'll give you a dollar but you owe Zoe 4 then and me 6 as both she and I have hit over 500. Better start posting to catch up :)
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Gentlemanprivateer on June 14, 2009, 09:24:41 PM

*btw, anyone have a good name for a scottish/english lord/privateer character? Sean made several suggestions, but I'm still at the semi nameless stage*

How about....Silver.

cuz that's what I'm gonna call you forever.   ::)
~Edmund Burke

Zoë

Quote from: CapnJack on June 16, 2009, 11:12:05 AM
Zoe, it was good to see you, if only for a moment!  But I'm glad to know now that your choice to "de-piratize" yourself was in fact your choice.  I thought to myself, "Zoe looks different this year..." but then I realized later that you weren't all piratical, and I went "oooooooohh."  That and I believe the haircolor is new this season.

And you!  Yes I just decided to shake things up a bit and since I had gotten some new garb when I went to Arizona in February I thought I'd give the new character a shot.  I'm thinking Zoë will be out to play on Sunday, perhaps.  I'm not getting much playing time in since I'm in charge now (have to stay till cannon every day) but I get out for my breaks anyway.  And actually the hair color is the same, haha.  This is the first time in many years that it's been the same color for more than a season!  It's just longer than last year...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Zoë

Quote from: Lady de Laney on June 16, 2009, 12:15:37 PM
I'll give you a dollar but you owe Zoe 4 then and me 6 as both she and I have hit over 500. Better start posting to catch up :)

Wow you're right, I hadn't even been paying attention to that.  Are we the only ones from this board over 500?  Makes me feel kinda lame actually, haha...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I think so... but then again we both post other places as well on the forum so it adds up.
"The Metal Maiden"